Cardiff City FC midfield options

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Blue_Barber » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:13 am

So we have in a similar post to the strikers:

Gunnarson - potential Captain material
Ralls- played a decent season solid and dependable
Halford - Mr utility and under admired player that can plug gaps
M. Harries - showed promise to Warnock and given opportunities - now whitts had gone potential to get more game time
O'Keefe - has a past with Warnock many see him being shipped out
Hoillet - new contract signed expected to have a big influence this season
Mendez-Laing - the new boy
K. Harris - new contract signed had a break through season last year particularly under Warnock
Noone- potential to sell, blow hot and cold but certainly has pace and flair
Pilkington- hard one here, he doesn't do much wrong but it's hard to categorise him as a winger, mid, striker I fear his inability to nail down a position may mean he's sold - however solid he is.
Kennedy - had a superb second half on loan to Plymouth still potential to break into the City 1st team

We seem well stocked in the wings I see us getting rid of a few played there, but it's interesting that Warnock still wants a winger?!

It's quite uninspiring however in the centre, we've solidness but nothing stand out or game changing I fear for all the good transfer business that with out that connection and potential tutor to Harries then nothing is going to link up! Someone with he experience of Charlie Adam would be one hell of a coup.

Move on potential-
O'Keefe - his bed is made with Warnock
Noone- just to hot or cold and a big wage that you want more from
Pilkington - Potential to free up a wage but would be sad to see him go.
Blue_Barber

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City FC midfield options

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:06 pm

I'm not too concerned about central midfield because we have good wide players who can create stuff provided they get the ball into the box.

Noone and Pilkington will not be part of NW's plans because they are both one trick ponies and don't chip in enough goals from wide positions. Rightly Warnock sees better potential in Harris (K) but Hoilett needs to pull his socks up.
Tony Blue Williams

Return to General Chat