Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Opinions? '

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:07 am

The unlucky 13: Chinese court sentences baker's dozen of drug dealers to death in front of 10,000 people - then eight are executed immediately

13 people sentenced to death in Shanwei, southern China on June 24
Eight of those sentenced were executed immediately after the trial
Trial was held in a stadium filled with 10,000 people in order to raise awareness
Shanwei is a trouble spot for the creation and trafficking of drugs

By Sophie Williams For Mailonline

28 June 2017

Thirteen people in China have been sentenced to death for selling drugs as part of a public hearing watched by some 10,000 people.

According to local reports, they were accused of producing and selling drugs in the city of Shanwei, southern China's Guangdong province.

The trial took place on June 24. Eight of those sentenced were executed immediately after the trial.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Opinions? '

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:18 am

IF it was a fair trial then good as these scum are fetching nothing but heartbreak to people and they will know the risks when they get involved.
Bit more of tough punishment we need over here.IMHO.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:58 am

Jules wrote:IF it was a fair trial then good as these scum are fetching nothing but heartbreak to people and they will know the risks when they get involved.

Jules, I wish the UK was a lot tougher and harsher punishments, prob that's why there is No crime in Dubai etc

Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:47 am

Perhaps when/if we get out of this ECHH we will be able to set harsher sentencing, not holding my breath mind as the whole justice system needs a overhaul IMO

Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:30 am

I find this completely disturbing if only on the grounds that the death penalty is wrong. It is totally wrong and dangerous that the state is given the power to murder someone. Apart from the obvious contradiction in that citizens are rightly expected not to kill each other but the state can, it is also wide open to abuse and of course can't be corrected when mistakes are made.

Personally I would de-criminalise drug use but better educate the population about the horrors of drug dependency. This would at a stroke put drug criminals out of business and raise taxes to help pay for treatments.

Killing the criminals involved would solve nothing as it would simply leave a vacuum which would be quickly filled by others willing to make money.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:07 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I find this completely disturbing if only on the grounds that the death penalty is wrong. It is totally wrong and dangerous that the state is given the power to murder someone. Apart from the obvious contradiction in that citizens are rightly expected not to kill each other but the state can, it is also wide open to abuse and of course can't be corrected when mistakes are made.

Personally I would de-criminalise drug use but better educate the population about the horrors of drug dependency. This would at a stroke put drug criminals out of business and raise taxes to help pay for treatments.

Killing the criminals involved would solve nothing as it would simply leave a vacuum which would be quickly filled by others willing to make money.

Exactly this!

Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:06 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I find this completely disturbing if only on the grounds that the death penalty is wrong. It is totally wrong and dangerous that the state is given the power to murder someone. Apart from the obvious contradiction in that citizens are rightly expected not to kill each other but the state can, it is also wide open to abuse and of course can't be corrected when mistakes are made.

Spot on!
also this looks like it was for show, whats removing 13 dealers from a population of 1.3b citizens going to achieve, its more likely the ruling triad clan offered up a few patsies to appease the government.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Jules wrote:IF it was a fair trial then good as these scum are fetching nothing but heartbreak to people and they will know the risks when they get involved.

Jules, I wish the UK was a lot tougher and harsher punishments, prob that's why there is No crime in Dubai etc

Where do you draw the line Annis? Capitol punishment for a bit of weed?

The justice system and laws in dubai as well as many other middle eastern countries is a complete joke.