Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Blackburn in for Rickie Lambert? '

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:34 pm

' Blackburn in for Rickie Lambert? '

Seen it on FL92 Account twitter account and he's usually spot on fair play :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Blackburn in for Rickie Lambert?

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:42 pm

IMG_0201.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:42 pm

Hopefully Whittingham has put in a good word

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:43 pm

Well I cannot imagine they intend to pay the wages we are! :?

Re: ' Blackburn in for Rickie Lambert? '

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:47 pm

If Rovers do get him it'll be a blessing for us, however I hold no malice for Ricky as he's a good guy and in his prime he would have done a job for us but unfortunately he is getting on and his legs ain't what they used to be, his pedigree has gone, the buck stands with Trollope for, I honestly felt Ricky thought he would do a job for us but but it hasn't worked out that way. I still think our fans been too hard on him but that's footie I guess.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:48 pm

lyndipops wrote:Well I cannot imagine they intend to pay the wages we are! :?

Warnock wants him gone, even if it means e pay half of his contract off or half of his wages.
We certainly lost £millions on Lambert.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:56 pm

Wolfpac wrote:If Rovers do get him it'll be a blessing for us, however I hold no malice for Ricky as he's a good guy and in his prime he would have done a job for us but unfortunately he is getting on and his legs ain't what they used to be, his pedigree has gone, the buck stands with Trollope for, I honestly felt Ricky thought he would do a job for us but but it hasn't worked out that way. I still think our fans been too hard on him but that's footie I guess.

I agree 90% of the blame lay with Trollope who should have known better than to sign Lambert. That said I thought he would be a good signing at the time but that probably explains why never get any replies when I apply for Football Management positions. ;)

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
lyndipops wrote:Well I cannot imagine they intend to pay the wages we are! :?

Warnock wants him gone, even if it means e pay half of his contract off or half of his wages.
We certainly lost £millions on Lambert.

£2m to be precise :geek:

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:59 pm

I'll drive him if he club wants - I'll do it for the tank of petrol and 2 mascot packages

I await your reply

Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:19 pm

Not saying its not true or trying to slate the OP but it is the same account that claimed that Ledley had agreed personal terms with us and was on his way back, but this could be a totally different scenario and maybe blackburn are after Lambert.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:26 pm

A very welcome surprise if we can get rid of lambert.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:33 pm

nubbsy wrote:A very welcome surprise if we can get rid of lambert.

You're right there it would be a 'surprise'

Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:38 pm

TrueBlue99 wrote:Not saying its not true or trying to slate the OP but it is the same account that claimed that Ledley had agreed personal terms with us and was on his way back, but this could be a totally different scenario and maybe blackburn are after Lambert.

it wasn't the only account to say ledley had agreed terms

Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:56 pm

In fairness to Trollope, the thought of Lambert in the Championship may have been too good to turn down. On fire, he is easily one (if not the best) of the best in this league. I'd be happy to see him gone though. Think his legs are gone.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:14 pm

I live in hope with this one. I'll be surprised it if happrns.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:18 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
nubbsy wrote:A very welcome surprise if we can get rid of lambert.

You're right there it would be a 'surprise'

:thumbup:

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:28 pm

Always Blue wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:Not saying its not true or trying to slate the OP but it is the same account that claimed that Ledley had agreed personal terms with us and was on his way back, but this could be a totally different scenario and maybe blackburn are after Lambert.

it wasn't the only account to say ledley had agreed terms

True, is the only account you have seen linking Lambert with a move?

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:09 pm

Can't understand why anyone would want to sign a player who will be 36 during the course of next season, and spends most of his time out injured. Could never understand why we signed him, and would be surprised if any Championship side would take him again. May be ok for Blackburn or another div 1 or 2 side, but even then they would probably be forking out wages on a player who will spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:25 am

Blue_Barber wrote:I'll drive him if he club wants - I'll do it for the tank of petrol and 2 mascot packages

I await your reply

Have you got a licence to drive the club ambulance ? :laughing6:

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:00 am

Jules wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:I'll drive him if he club wants - I'll do it for the tank of petrol and 2 mascot packages

I await your reply

I'll just gaffer tape him to the roof for f he doesn't fit in the boot

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:00 am

Blue_Barber wrote:
Jules wrote:

I await your reply

I'll just gaffer tape him to the roof for f he doesn't fit in the boot

Gaffer tape two for a pound in Poundland :laughing6:

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:42 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:Can't understand why anyone would want to sign a player who will be 36 during the course of next season, and spends most of his time out injured. Could never understand why we signed him, and would be surprised if any Championship side would take him again. May be ok for Blackburn or another div 1 or 2 side, but even then they would probably be forking out wages on a player who will spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch.

Signing players who have been out injured long term seems to be a criteria must in our scouting system :shock:

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:00 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Can't understand why anyone would want to sign a player who will be 36 during the course of next season, and spends most of his time out injured. Could never understand why we signed him, and would be surprised if any Championship side would take him again. May be ok for Blackburn or another div 1 or 2 side, but even then they would probably be forking out wages on a player who will spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch.

Signing players who have been out injured long term seems to be a criteria must in our scouting system :shock:

Probably one of the first checks they make. Then don't bother with a medical, knowing he will fail, to save money.

One option: If Lambert can't run much anymore, then why not use him like Kenwynne Jones? Put him in the middle of the pitch, and with our (allegedly) so quick wingers and hard working midfielders that NW has signed up, they will just run off him. Lambert is certainly better in the air than Zohore (but who isn't?). Lambert has a reputation for goal poaching, free kicks and penalties, so he could be useful towards the end of games.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:09 pm

glas wrote:

Probably one of the first checks they make. Then don't bother with a medical, knowing he will fail, to save money.

One option: If Lambert can't run much anymore, then why not use him like Kenwynne Jones? Put him in the middle of the pitch, and with our (allegedly) so quick wingers and hard working midfielders that NW has signed up, they will just run off him. Lambert is certainly better in the air than Zohore (but who isn't?). Lambert has a reputation for goal poaching, free kicks and penalties, so he could be useful towards the end of games.

Better still tie a bandana to his head and use him as a corner flag.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:34 pm

Perhaps Whittingham can be persuaded to recommend him to Tony Mowbray. I wonder if it's legal to give him a bung to do it.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:03 pm

Thank f**k for that

Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:58 am

Really not bothered about him going if true as had this strange feeling that he wasn't ever a city player !! perhaps its as I haven't seen enough of him, strange.

On another subject, EFL cup, see Manure not taking up invitation which I find bizarre after watching how Germany have played a basic 3rd team in Confederation Cup shows that playing the youngsters or reserves in these tournaments can only bode well for the future of the clubs.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:40 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
glas wrote:

Better still tie a bandana to his head and use him as a corner flag.

Thats the second option. :thumbup: