" MIDFIELDER LEAVES CARDIFF CITY "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:05 pm

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that Emyr Huws has today joined Ipswich Town for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.

The Welsh international previously made thirteen appearances for the Tractor Boys during a loan spell in the second half of the 2016/17 season.

We'd like to wish Emyr all the very best of luck for the future.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " MIDFIELDER LEAVES CARDIFF CITY "

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Saw nothing from this guy either in a City or Wales shirt to think he would improve our team.

Wages saved and a transfer fee received...good business from City again in his window
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Sven » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:18 pm

One off the books for City and hopefully frees up space for Neil Warnock :thumbup:

I didn't really form an opinion on Emyr Huw's but admired his decision to take a pay cut to play football. Speaks volumes about the guy IMHO and I wish him all the best at Ipswich (bar two games a season, of course! :laughing6: ) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby nubbsy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:26 pm

Let's move in now for a decent center midfielder! I look forward to seeing who it is...
nubbsy

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:50 pm

He's Welsh so I hope he does well at Ipswich, apart from the 2 games against us :ayatollah:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby City Slicker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Great news! Clears the decks for Neil to get some quality in midfield. With the news about Bruno, things are starting to look up.
City Slicker

Postby bluemun » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:28 pm

He is a very promising player and I hope he does well at Ipswich. I don't think he fits our needs which are an experienced controller and creative player who can play 'in the hole'.
Hopefully, we'll get these sorted soon, especially if Adeyemi is leaving also.
bluemun

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:15 pm

great news all round, off the wage bill and is hope a fee paid. we can use that to bring in someone who fits our style. also great news he is going to a club who want him, can only be good for Wales.
2blue2handle

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Has has a great few seasons, scored a lot of goals from range. Really wanted him to stay, but if we can't give him the playing time, the moving him on is the right thing to do, and I trust Warnock's judgement.
MarshfieldIsBlue

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:17 pm

If Ipswich sign Adeyemi as well, what a huge hole there will be in their midfield for us to run through. :o
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:51 pm

Ipswich have announced the permanent signing of central midfielder Emyr Huws from Championship rivals Cardiff.

Wales international Huws, who has been capped 11 times, joined Mick McCarthy's side on loan in January and made 13 appearances during his temporary spell, scoring three goals.

He has penned a four-year deal at Portman Road for an undisclosed fee and becomes the club's second signing of the summer after Joe Garner moved from Rangers earlier this month.

Town boss McCarthy told itfc.co.uk: "We are delighted to have got the deal done. I'm sure the fans are thrilled as well.

"Emyr was outstanding for us last season. He was arguably our best player along with Tom Lawrence and he certainly made us a better team.

"He's only 23 so there is improvement in him. I'm sure other clubs would have been interested in him but we're delighted he's back with us. He was different class when he was here."

Ipswich also confirmed Dean Gerken - who has been second-choice goalkeeper to Bartosz Bialkowski - has signed a new two-year contract which will run until the summer of 2019.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Jules » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:43 am

Best of luck lad, will always hold him in high regard just for paying some of his own wages just to play football :thumbup:

Just hope what we get in is better.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Return to General Chat