Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mrs Warnock - Get big Neil to look at...

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:44 am

Lloyd Isgrove - free previously at Southampton, rapid skilful at Euro 16 with Wales, and about 7 years younger than Hayes

Cheers

Cardiff City supporters

Re: Mrs Warnock - Get big Neil to look at...

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Don't know much about this kid but I'm sure I've heard the name Isgrove around Barry / Cardiff, could be related, looking at his goal scoring record, doesn't look good at all though.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:55 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:Lloyd Isgrove - free previously at Southampton, rapid skilful at Euro 16 with Wales, and about 7 years younger than Hayes

Cheers

Cardiff City supporters

'Big' Neil?

Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:50 pm

[quote="Wolfpac"]Don't know much about this kid but I'm sure I've heard the name Isgrove around Barry / Cardiff, could be related, looking at his goal scoring record, doesn't look good at all though.[/quote]

He's a decent lad never given much chance in the first team and loaned out a lot - I wonder if he'd invite young Alessani in for a trial the lad was hotly tipped too - worth inviting in for training and looking at him from there.

[quote="OriginalGrangeEndBlue"]
'Big' Neil?[/quote]

Yeh he's bigger than me and he's the gaffer and he's big

Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:52 pm

Also Doneil Henry if he's looking for any CB I'm sure he's been released too I think he's 23 had a great season on loan the year before last at Blackburn, and spent last season in Denmark I think - if he wanted to cash in on a CB then he'd be a good replacement

Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:58 pm

I'm all for giving youngsters a chance, I'm sure Lloyd must have something to get picked up by a Prem club so def worth a shout :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:08 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Don't know much about this kid but I'm sure I've heard the name Isgrove around Barry / Cardiff, could be related, looking at his goal scoring record, doesn't look good at all though.

He's a decent lad never given much chance in the first team and loaned out a lot - I wonder if he'd invite young Alessani in for a trial the lad was hotly tipped too - worth inviting in for training and looking at him from there.

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:'Big' Neil?

Yeh he's bigger than me and he's the gaffer and he's big

Jeez you must be about 5'5" then!

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:06 pm

Someone posted the list of players released and I said we should go for Isgrove. He's quality, a pacey, skillful winger who can play just off the front man as well. He went on loan to Barnsley a couple of seasons ago and helped them get promoted back to the Championship, scoring in the playoff final. He's put in a string of eye catching performances for Southampton's development team this season. I think he would be a great signing on a free.