Now Big Bruno

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Now Big Bruno

Postby Brezza » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:43 pm

Has signed - fantastic news- I am really confused about how we will line up. NW says we will be flexible in his formations but I expect the default system to be 4231. Warnock really likes a back 4 as history shows but we have the players to play 3 at the back because of our attack minded full backs. With Bruno signing, this leaves a dilemma for Morrisson, which in itself means a dilemma for the captaincy. But we need all our players like Morrisson, Connolly and Peltier - remember Warnock really likes these players as well - if Bruno and Bamba play in African nations cup competition and matches. However, above all this is developing into a healthy squad and he is the sort of manager who has the skills and personality to keep everyone happy and buzzing. I expect another central midfielder, winger and striker to arrive but pending these I expect the following line up at present.

Do you agree or disagree. Your opinions are sought, valued, respected and enjoyed

Camp

Peltier Manga Bamba Bennett

Gunner (c) Ralls

Holliett Harris
Ward

Zahore
Brezza

Now Big Bruno

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Now Big Bruno

Postby KBK-13 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:55 pm

I don't think there is AFCON this season. 4-2-3-1 with

Etheridge

Paterson
Manga
Bamba
Bennet

Gunnarson
New holding player (would like O'Keefe)

Hoilett
New number 10
Ward

Zohore
KBK-13

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:04 pm

Brezza wrote:Has signed - fantastic news- I am really confused about how we will line up. NW says we will be flexible in his formations but I expect the default system to be 4231. Warnock really likes a back 4 as history shows but we have the players to play 3 at the back because of our attack minded full backs. With Bruno signing, this leaves a dilemma for Morrisson, which in itself means a dilemma for the captaincy. But we need all our players like Morrisson, Connolly and Peltier - remember Warnock really likes these players as well - if Bruno and Bamba play in African nations cup competition and matches. However, above all this is developing into a healthy squad and he is the sort of manager who has the skills and personality to keep everyone happy and buzzing. I expect another central midfielder, winger and striker to arrive but pending these I expect the following line up at present.

Do you agree or disagree. Your opinions are sought, valued, respected and enjoyed

Camp

Peltier Manga Bamba Bennett

Gunner (c) Ralls

Holliett Harris
Ward

Zahore

He loves Morrison, I think he may partner Manga with Bamba in front as protection, building from the back, Warnock likes a clean sheet, and that would make us hard to beat, with our strong spine and pace and work rate up front ??

It will certainly be interesting !!!
Bluebina

Postby Llantwit Blue » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Morrison will be in the starting 11 and rightly so, on the other hand Ralls won't, one of Warnocks 3 to come will without doubt will be a midfield general. If not I will be mega surprised, been crying out for this type player for years.
Llantwit Blue

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:17 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Morrison will be in the starting 11 and rightly so, on the other hand Ralls won't, one of Warnocks 3 to come will without doubt will be a midfield general. If not I will be mega surprised, been crying out for this type player for years.

Really? Morrison continuously loses his man through his lapses in concentration. The number of goals we conceded from crosses last season where Morrison lost his man or got beaten in the air was ridiculous! His distribution is poor and any attacker with average pace and dribbling ability can twist him and turn him inside out. Helder Costa dipping a shoulder and literally walking past him for Wolves' third goal was embarrassing. If Morrison is a permanent fixture in our team this season, we will continue to concede goals and we won't achieve anything.

I agree with you about us needing a midfield general though.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llantwit Blue wrote:Morrison will be in the starting 11 and rightly so, on the other hand Ralls won't, one of Warnocks 3 to come will without doubt will be a midfield general. If not I will be mega surprised, been crying out for this type player for years.

Really? Morrison continuously loses his man through his lapses in concentration. The number of goals we conceded from crosses last season where Morrison lost his man or got beaten in the air was ridiculous! His distribution is poor and any attacker with average pace and dribbling ability can twist him and turn him inside out. Helder Costa dipping a shoulder and literally walking past him for Wolves' third goal was embarrassing. If Morrison is a permanent fixture in our team this season, we will continue to concede goals and we won't achieve anything.

I agree with you about us needing a midfield general though.

under Warnock we were conceding 1.2 goals per game..thats less than 3 of the play off clubs.
dogfound

Postby pontlliwblue » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:55 am

Remember against villa last season he played sol as a holding midfielder and grealish didn't get a kick. This is another option which he may use. Horses for courses. If we don't know from week to week how will the opposing managers.
pontlliwblue

Postby Jules » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:10 am

pontlliwblue wrote:Remember against villa last season he played sol as a holding midfielder and grealish didn't get a kick. This is another option which he may use. Horses for courses. If we don't know from week to week how will the opposing managers.

Wish someone had given him kick :D seriously though think these days formations change weekly to suit opposition so need the personnel.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby Blue_Barber » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:38 am

I see currently

Camp
Manga, Morrison, Bamba
Jazz, Bennett
Gunnar, Ralls
Kadeem, Hoillet
Zohore

Etheridge, Peltier, Connolly, Mendez-Laing, M.Harries, Ward, Saadi
Blue_Barber

Postby nubbsy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:58 am

Manga Morrison with bamba just in front for me. As per villa. There you have players that compliment each other perfectly and can play it out from the back.
nubbsy

Return to General Chat