Tommy Robinson "What Really Happened "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:14 pm

Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Tommy Robinson "What Really Happened "

Postby ccfcsince1962 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:00 pm

Annis

That is just a Tommy Robinson (or whichever of the several name changes he is currently using) view.

The view of the vast majority of right minded people who have seen his actual actions and witnessed his expressed opinions Is that he is a racist , ill educated thug. His appearance on t.v. with Piers Morgan demonstrated this pretty clearly.
ccfcsince1962

Postby wez1927 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:21 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:Annis

That is just a Tommy Robinson (or whichever of the several name changes he is currently using) view.

The view of the vast majority of right minded people who have seen his actual actions and witnessed his expressed opinions Is that he is a racist , ill educated thug. His appearance on t.v. with Piers Morgan demonstrated this pretty clearly.

Racist for going against islamic extremist?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Dave67 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:26 pm

Dave67

Postby ccfcsince1962 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:32 pm

wez1927 wrote:

No.Racist for his diatribes against the entire Islamic faith . And ill educated based upon the inaccurate rubbish he spouts in front of the cameras, including the Piers Morgan interview example.

Nothing at all wrong ( indeed it should be encouraged)in condemning extremism, particularly violent extremism, but he seems to condemn everyone that happens to have a brown skin so , yes, that is racism.
ccfcsince1962

Postby Dave67 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:36 pm

Dave67

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:43 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

No.Racist for his diatribes against the entire Islamic faith . And ill educated based upon the inaccurate rubbish he spouts in front of the cameras, including the Piers Morgan interview example.

Nothing at all wrong ( indeed it should be encouraged)in condemning extremism, particularly violent extremism, but he seems to condemn everyone that happens to have a brown skin so , yes, that is racism.

have you watched the full interview.......because my take on it was Robinson was there to be shouted down ,no matter what. Morgan came across as a huge hypocrite slatting Robinson over tweets that contained the same things as the paper Morgan works for.{ daily mail }. we are not here to talk about the daily mail.{that said the exact same thing }. ????????
dogfound

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:55 pm

Sorry but anyone that labels Tommy Robinson as a racist, or a thug has simply been to lazy to take the time to actually listen to what he has said and done and is just happy to swallow the line the mainstream media have been feeding them.

Try watching these interviews one by Dave Rubin and one by Gad Saad neither of whom fit into the nice right wing box that people want to lump TR in and both admit to caution interviewing TR due to his preceding reputation.

Dave Rubin interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQOkrwJXRFQ

Gad Saad interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE_LeA27T1s

Also i'd recommend TRs own presentation on free speech which basically outlines the hypocricy and quite frankly incredible abuse of our legal system that he has been subjected to.

It is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79TWaRCYPao

Stop judging the man on the portrait the media have painted of him as the archetypal pantomime bogeyman and just listen to him. And then if you still think he is a racist or a thug so be it, but most folks who have actually taken the time to do so almost universally agree he is a truly brave, genuine and decent man.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:04 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

ill educated based on the rubbish he spouted .....such as.?
condemns everyone that happens to have brown skin...can you back this up?
dogfound

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:15 pm

dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Of course he can't - there is literally nothing at all anywhere that implicates Tommy Robinson as having said or having even harboured racist views.

Anti Islam yep but genuinely saying anything racist or anything that relates to the colour of peoples skin not a chance - It literally isn't there.

Doesn't stop people saying it with absolutely no evidence. The MSM have told him that Tommy Robinson is a nasty racist and they lap it up without a second thought.

FOR FANNY ADAM'S SAKE WHEN WE PEOPLE START THINKING FOR THEMSELVES AGAIN AND BASE THEIR OPINION ON ACTUAL VERIFIABLE FACT RATHER THAN THE BULLSHIT PEDDLED BY AN AGENDA RIDDLED MEDIA :banghead:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:25 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Of course he can't - there is literally nothing at all anywhere that implicates Tommy Robinson as having said or having even harboured racist views.

Anti Islam yep but genuinely saying anything racist or anything that relates to the colour of peoples skin not a chance - It literally isn't there.

Doesn't stop people saying it with absolutely no evidence. The MSM have told him that Tommy Robinson is a nasty racist and they lap it up without a second thought.

FOR FANNY ADAM'S SAKE WHEN WE PEOPLE START THINKING FOR THEMSELVES AGAIN AND BASE THEIR OPINION ON ACTUAL VERIFIABLE FACT RATHER THAN THE BULLSHIT PEDDLED BY AN AGENDA RIDDLED MEDI :banghead:

well id like to think the views of the vast majority of right minded people is based on more than... my mates sisters budgie says he hates all brown people.so therfore it must be true...
dogfound

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:34 pm

Don't like Tommy Robinson, but I do symapthise with certain questions he raises regarded Islam. He is always attacked and never answered.

The Q'uran does say to: destroy the Kuffar (non-believers), kill the homosexuals, etc. I often see Muslims attacking him with insults, and some Lefties (which is odd as the ideology of Islam is something you'd think they would dislike due to certain scriptures.)

But I can't tolerate this whole idea of blanketing all Muslims who were born into the faith. The majority are decent hard working people, but like with anything you always get a few clowns.
MarshfieldIsBlue

Postby Dave67 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:41 pm

TOMMY ROBINSON BIOGRAPHY

Robinson joined the British National Party in 2004. When questioned about this by the BBC's Andrew Neil in June 2013, he claimed that he had left after one year, saying, "I didn't know Nick Griffin was in the National Front, I didn't know non-whites couldn't join the organisation. I joined, I saw what it was about, it was not for me".

English Defence League

Yaxley-Lennon uses the alias "Tommy Robinson", taking the name of a prominent member of the "Men In Gear" (MIG) football hooligan crew, which follows Luton Town Football Club.

In August 2009, he became leader of the newly established English Defence League with his cousin, Kevin Carroll, its deputy leader.

In 2012 Robinson announced that he had joined the British Freedom Party (BFP). He was appointed its joint vice-chairman along with Carroll after the two groups agreed an electoral pact in 2011. However, on 11 October 2012, Robinson resigned from the BFP to concentrate on EDL activities.

On 24 August 2010, Robinson was involved in a fight between supporters of Luton Town and Newport County in Luton, on the evening that the two clubs played at Kenilworth Road. Robinson reportedly led the group of Luton fans, and played an integral part in starting a 100-man brawl, during which he chanted "EDL till I die". Eleven months later, in July 2011, he was convicted of having used "threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour" on the night of the incident. He was given a 12-month community rehabilitation order and a three-year ban from attending football matches. He was also sentenced to 150 hours' unpaid work, and ordered to pay £650 in costs.

Robinson was arrested after an EDL demonstration in Tower Hamlets on 3 September 2011 for breach of bail conditions, as he had been banned from attending that demonstration. After his arrest, Robinson began a hunger strike in custody in Bedford Prison, saying that he was a "political prisoner of the state", and refused to eat what he believed was halal meat. A local paper reported that Bedford Prison sources had said that the hunger strike lasted only 24 hours. A handful of EDL supporters protested outside the prison in support of Robinson during his incarceration; the support peaked at a turnout of 100 protesters on 10 September. Robinson was released from prison on 12 September.

On 29 September 2011, he was convicted of common assault after headbutting a fellow EDL member at a rally in Blackburn in April that year. He was given a 12-week jail term, suspended for 12 months.

On 8 November 2011, Robinson held a protest on the rooftop of the FIFA headquarters in Zürich against FIFA's ruling that the England national football team could not wear a Remembrance poppy symbol on their shirts. For this he was fined £3,000 and jailed for three days.

In October 2012, Robinson was arrested and held on the charge of having entered the U.S. illegally. Robinson pleaded guilty at Southwark Crown Court to using someone else's passport—"possession of a false identity document with improper intention"—to travel to the United States in September 2012, and was sentenced in January to 10 months imprisonment. He was sentenced under the name of Stephen Lennon, but the judge added that he suspected it was not his true name, in the sense that it was not the name on his own passport. He was released on electronic tag on 22 February 2013.

Robinson was transferred to HM Prison Winchester after being assaulted at HM Prison Woodhill
On 28 November 2012, Robinson was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by misrepresentation in relation to a mortgage application, facing trial with five other defendants. He pleaded guilty to two charges in November 2013, and on 23 January 2014 he was sentenced to 18 months in prison.

Early in June 2014 Robinson was released, after having served almost six months of his sentence. The terms of his early release included a condition preventing contact with the EDL until the end of his original sentence in June 2015. He was due to talk to the Oxford Union in October 2014, but before the event he was recalled to prison, for allegedly breaching the terms of his licence; he was ultimately released on 14 November 2014.

After finishing the licence at the end of his conviction, Robinson returned to anti-Islam demonstrations with Pegida, a German organisation founded in Dresden amid the European migrant crisis. He announced the creation of a British chapter of Pegida in December 2015.

Robinson travelled to watch UEFA Euro 2016 in France and demonstrated with a T-shirt and English flag ridiculing the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. Bedfordshire Police gave him a football banning order on his return;
Dave67

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:52 pm

Dave67 wrote:TOMMY ROBINSON BIOGRAPHY

Robinson joined the British National Party in 2004. When questioned about this by the BBC's Andrew Neil in June 2013, he claimed that he had left after one year, saying, "I didn't know Nick Griffin was in the National Front, I didn't know non-whites couldn't join the organisation. I joined, I saw what it was about, it was not for me".

English Defence League

Yaxley-Lennon uses the alias "Tommy Robinson", taking the name of a prominent member of the "Men In Gear" (MIG) football hooligan crew, which follows Luton Town Football Club.

In August 2009, he became leader of the newly established English Defence League with his cousin, Kevin Carroll, its deputy leader.

In 2012 Robinson announced that he had joined the British Freedom Party (BFP). He was appointed its joint vice-chairman along with Carroll after the two groups agreed an electoral pact in 2011. However, on 11 October 2012, Robinson resigned from the BFP to concentrate on EDL activities.

On 24 August 2010, Robinson was involved in a fight between supporters of Luton Town and Newport County in Luton, on the evening that the two clubs played at Kenilworth Road. Robinson reportedly led the group of Luton fans, and played an integral part in starting a 100-man brawl, during which he chanted "EDL till I die". Eleven months later, in July 2011, he was convicted of having used "threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour" on the night of the incident. He was given a 12-month community rehabilitation order and a three-year ban from attending football matches. He was also sentenced to 150 hours' unpaid work, and ordered to pay £650 in costs.

Robinson was arrested after an EDL demonstration in Tower Hamlets on 3 September 2011 for breach of bail conditions, as he had been banned from attending that demonstration. After his arrest, Robinson began a hunger strike in custody in Bedford Prison, saying that he was a "political prisoner of the state", and refused to eat what he believed was halal meat. A local paper reported that Bedford Prison sources had said that the hunger strike lasted only 24 hours. A handful of EDL supporters protested outside the prison in support of Robinson during his incarceration; the support peaked at a turnout of 100 protesters on 10 September. Robinson was released from prison on 12 September.

On 29 September 2011, he was convicted of common assault after headbutting a fellow EDL member at a rally in Blackburn in April that year. He was given a 12-week jail term, suspended for 12 months.

On 8 November 2011, Robinson held a protest on the rooftop of the FIFA headquarters in Zürich against FIFA's ruling that the England national football team could not wear a Remembrance poppy symbol on their shirts. For this he was fined £3,000 and jailed for three days.

In October 2012, Robinson was arrested and held on the charge of having entered the U.S. illegally. Robinson pleaded guilty at Southwark Crown Court to using someone else's passport—"possession of a false identity document with improper intention"—to travel to the United States in September 2012, and was sentenced in January to 10 months imprisonment. He was sentenced under the name of Stephen Lennon, but the judge added that he suspected it was not his true name, in the sense that it was not the name on his own passport. He was released on electronic tag on 22 February 2013.

Robinson was transferred to HM Prison Winchester after being assaulted at HM Prison Woodhill
On 28 November 2012, Robinson was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by misrepresentation in relation to a mortgage application, facing trial with five other defendants. He pleaded guilty to two charges in November 2013, and on 23 January 2014 he was sentenced to 18 months in prison.

Early in June 2014 Robinson was released, after having served almost six months of his sentence. The terms of his early release included a condition preventing contact with the EDL until the end of his original sentence in June 2015. He was due to talk to the Oxford Union in October 2014, but before the event he was recalled to prison, for allegedly breaching the terms of his licence; he was ultimately released on 14 November 2014.

After finishing the licence at the end of his conviction, Robinson returned to anti-Islam demonstrations with Pegida, a German organisation founded in Dresden amid the European migrant crisis. He announced the creation of a British chapter of Pegida in December 2015.

Robinson travelled to watch UEFA Euro 2016 in France and demonstrated with a T-shirt and English flag ridiculing the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. Bedfordshire Police gave him a football banning order on his return;

yes and.
nothing in there regarding being racist now is there.
and as for that banning order at the end.. a george cross with f**k isis on it.. .in France..i think each and everyone of us that went out there were sticking two fingers up to ISIS by going ..
dogfound

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:07 am

Dave67 wrote:TOMMY ROBINSON BIOGRAPHY

English Defence League

Once again all I suggest is rather than read a neatly edited bio that paints Robinson as a football hooligan actually watch the following presentation by Robinson himself and then make a call for yourselves.

He admits he is no angel and holds his hands up for being a lad involved in Luton's firm - but so much of the above is based on trumped up charges, which TR backs up with the court evidence and video footage.

It may take longer than reading a short cut and paste but the truth often takes more time to discover than a conveniently drawn up narrative that fits what you want to hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79TWaRCYPao
:thumbup:
ealing_ayatollah

Postby MalagaCF » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:27 am

On holidays last month I spoke to a woman who was a criminal lawyer. Our conversation got around to Tommys book. She said it was an excellent read and that she believed he was telling the truth as she could relate to everything he was saying in his book. Interesting indeed.
MalagaCF

Postby Mac » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:53 am

He punches like a girl!! If I was a Muslim I'd be terrified :lol:
Mac

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:54 am

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Your speaking shit please do some research,your very judgemental for someone who is ment to be an intelligent man ,the way you keep shouting racist to anyone who doesnt agree with Islam is very narrow minded
wez1927

Postby Mac » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:00 am

He punches like a girl!! If I was a Muslim I'd be terrified :lol:
Mac

Postby SnackaJack » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:20 am

I haven't seen Tommy Robinson be racist.

Lots appear to think/assume he is. When I ask they never seem to be able to say. Similar to this forum when someone accuses me of something. Sometimes being a threat and saying things that are true that don't like to be heard is all that is needed for people to try and portray you as something they would prefer you to be, this way it is more convenient for their own view point.
SnackaJack

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:35 am

Mac wrote:He punches like a girl!! If I was a Muslim I'd be terrified :lol:

:lol:
wez1927

Postby SnackaJack » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:50 am

Also important to note that neither Islam or radical Islam is race. Ginger, paler than pale Paul Scholes could covert to either tomorrow, yet he wouldn't change his race. It is an issue with an intolerant divisive version of a religion - not a race.
SnackaJack

Postby Jock » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:58 am

Sanctimonious shite, time you grew up, got your head out your arse and looked at facts, you remind me of the Antifa clowns who don't even know why they're protesting but like to shout racist. Furthermore Islam is not a race, a guy I know converted, (he's a white Glaswegian) its more of a twisted political ideology . Perhaps get some facts before you condemn anyone who doesn't agree with your one eyed world view as racist and not right minded.
Jock

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:04 am

I don't know if he is a racist or not but I do know that the 'term' racist needs to be defined a bit better.

This fella lives in Luton and anyone racist or not will tell you it is a hell hole where social cohesion is on the point of breakdown due to high level of immigration.

Yet when a white man complains about the conditions he is labelled a racist but when a Muslim or anyone who is not British complains then they are deemed as an 'activist'.

It is the same with terrorist attacks. There were 3 Muslim extremist attacks recently where children were blown to bits, Police were knifed through the throat and women on a night out were stabbed to death.

In contrast when one white man drives a van into a group of Muslim worshipers where one man died and several were badly injured this is immediately labelled as a 'hate crime' whilst astonishingly the 3 previous (and clearly more severe) attacks where not. Surely someone crying 'Allahu Akbar' before murdering an innocent non-Muslim believer is a hate crime in anyone's book?

So what I would say is if Tommy Robinson is labelled a 'racist' (which he may well be) then Diane Abbot, Trevor Phillips etc. who are always complaining about the indigenous population should also be called racist. We live in a society where discrimination is not allowed, so it is time that people with white skin were also subject to protection from racial, freedom of speech and hate crime laws.

This would provide a level playing field and stop the cowing of anyone who rightly wants to point out the problems that mass immigration brings without having to be labelled with the lazy and totally bastardized word 'racist'
Tony Blue Williams

Postby bluebird04 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:04 am

i don't know the man, never met him so cannot say he is a racist or a thug. what I do know is, whenever an incident happens in our country like when the Cardiff man killed those muslims, or when an attack happens, he always seems to rush to the place and start filming, and rather showing some respect to those who are hurt/injured/died he seems to start going on about local extremism. now me personally, think he should show some more class and respect in that regard. Also he does a lot of "editing" in his videos, there was one when he apparently went around London during "BREXIT" protest, and asked loads of people what he called a basic question, something like who was in charge of the EU (something along those lines) he had asked a large number of people, and most gave a correct answer, however he then uploaded a video where he said, everyone he asked couldn't even answer the question, so basically he edited out everyone who responded correctly.

I also seem to recall the rapper "Akala" and him debating on a bbc3 show a few years ago, and Akala put him in his place.

we don't know what "Really" happened at this event, there is "Tommy's" side of it, there is the other guys side, and then theres the truth. I've read what Tommy claims happened, and I have seen what eye witnesses have said happened, both pretty much say the guy was harassing tommy, however this is where it changes, tommy says he was attacked first, a reporter states it was the other way around, we don't know
bluebird04

Postby AfricanBluebird » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:10 am

I've watched his videos of his speeches and I observe a few things.

One, I fundamentally disagree with many of his points. Two, he is not particularly bright. Three, he seems to be on the list of people whom the authorities have taken against (wrongly or rightly) due to his past activities and involvement in far right groups. Four, when he does make a relevant point (like England team wearing the poppy) then he isn't communicating it well and starts mixing up issues and lacks coherence, hence losing even more credibility.

He seems to like being provoked in order to gain more publicity and ammunition.
AfricanBluebird

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:17 am

Jock wrote:

Sanctimonious shite, time you grew up, got your head out your arse and looked at facts, you remind me of the Antifa clowns who don't even know why they're protesting but like to shout racist. Furthermore Islam is not a race, a guy I know converted, (he's a white Glaswegian) its more of a twisted political ideology . Perhaps get some facts before you condemn anyone who doesn't agree with your one eyed world view as racist and not right minded.

Firstly I totally agree with your view on using the word racist, it is lazy and for too long it has been seen as a trump card to close down debate on religious, race or immigration issues.

That said Keith is allowed his view which if put better would say something along the lines of TR seems to have a problem with immigrants/Muslims.

I have debated with him before and I think his big problem on this matter is he doesn't live with the direct impacts of mass immigration and the pressures it puts on local services such as schools, healthcare and housing.

It is easy to be benevolent when it is not you being pushed further down a housing list (for example) because a new refugee arrival is deemed as having a 'greater need' than yourself even though you have waited years for a council house and paid thousands in direct taxes.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby SnackaJack » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:31 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:I've watched his videos of his speeches and I observe a few things.

One, I fundamentally disagree with many of his points. Two, he is not particularly bright. Three, he seems to be on the list of people whom the authorities have taken against (wrongly or rightly) due to his past activities and involvement in far right groups. Four, when he does make a relevant point (like England team wearing the poppy) then he isn't communicating it well and starts mixing up issues and lacks coherence, hence losing even more credibility.

You fundamentally disagree with Mosques not being allowed to have hate preachers preach at their mosques??? That seems to be his main issue at the moment.
SnackaJack

Postby AfricanBluebird » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:41 am

SnackaJack wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:I've watched his videos of his speeches and I observe a few things.

You fundamentally disagree with Mosques not being allowed to have hate preachers preach at their mosques??? That seems to be his main issue at the moment.

Of course Mosques should not allow hate preachers. I watched about six videos of his and he is mixing issues up and a little incoherent. He bounces from one issue to another. Islam is not the problem but extremists. While I am an not a fan of religion I think that targeting muslims as a whole, rather than working with them, doesn't help.

Also I think it is an issue of credibility. Perhaps more people would engage with him if he didn't have a past filled with links to extreme groups. To claim he didn't know the national front was a right-wing group that excluded minorities from joining and holds racist views is a laughable way of justifying his membership.
AfricanBluebird

Postby ccfcsince1962 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:50 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Jock wrote:

Firstly I totally agree with your view on using the word racist, it is lazy and for too long it has been seen as a trump card to close down debate on religious, race or immigration issues.

That said Keith is allowed his view which if put better would say something along the lines of TR seems to have a problem with immigrants/Muslims.

I have debated with him before and I think his big problem on this matter is he doesn't live with the direct impacts of mass immigration and the pressures it puts on local services such as schools, healthcare and housing.

It is easy to be benevolent when it is not you being pushed further down a housing list (for example) because a new refugee arrival is deemed as having a 'greater need' than yourself even though you have waited years for a council house and paid thousands in direct taxes.

You make some very good points here Tony. I always enjoy having a debate with you, even when we disagree fundamentally over things.

I would have been far better using a term like extreme religious or immigrant intolerance rather than racism . Uncontrolled immigration and religious and cultural integration are issues which have to be addressed in the fight against such intolerance but, in my opinion, Tommy Robinson doesn`t even attempt to debate these points, just goes straight to his diatribe (and yes I have seen the vast majority of his statements, social media postings and filmed comments).

You are quite right to say that I have been fortunate not to have experienced any direct adverse impact of immigration on local services. I have lived and worked in many communities across the UK with large ethnic minority populations (including
Luton as it happens) but genuinely have not felt threatened or displaced for services by refugees or other immigrants - perhaps I have just been lucky. However, I can appreciate that others may well have had such experiences and that must be very frustrating.

I have no idea how old the poster Jock is or what his life experiences have been (none of my business) , but at the age of 60 it is perhaps not the time for me to "grow up" as he suggests.
ccfcsince1962

Next

Return to General Chat