BREAKING NEWS: THE CIRCUIT OF WALES

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sam ReaN » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:13 pm

BREAKING NEWS:
The Circuit of Wales which was planned to be a Race Track for MotoGP and Music Concerts and other little events such as Mountain Bikes and more, anyway Today was the day that the final decision was made to either give it the Green light or to Scrap everything. Well the decision today has come out in only a few minutes earlier was made from the Welsh Government and the Ministers to SCRAP the whole idea of a racing track in Wales as it will be too risky to go ahead and with the uncertainty of the money situation.

My Opinion: I really wanted this track to go ahead as Wales need a main Race Track to host major Events and if this track went ahead we would of saw 6000 more new Jobs and more attractive motorsport like GP3, Formula 2 Formula E and maybe even Formula 1 it's such a shame that the Welsh Government and Ministers decided to rubbish th eplans for this new Track as it had so much potential for making even more money for Wales and so much more would off happened, I hope we Welshmen get another Track in plan the future and maybe in Cardiff :ayatollah:

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE TRACK BEING SCRAPPED.
Attachments
Circuit-of-wales-slide1-w-1024x564.jpg
Circuit-of-wales-slide1-w-1024x564.jpg (136.99 KiB) Viewed 2032 times
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BREAKING NEWS: THE CIRCUIT OF WALES

Postby troobloo3339 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:37 pm

Think it's the right decision
The main money man behind this scheme is a billionaire
So why the need for tax payers to guarantee over £200 million ?
By the way it was aviva who the guarantee would have benifited
So again why did they need gaurantees that Thier investment was safe ?
troobloo3339

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:35 pm

I have said plenty of times on here that there is more chance of finding real live pixies at the bottom of my garden than there ever was of seeing a bike on the Circuit of Wales. I think the number of jobs that it may have created was grossly overstated, and that is assuming that the whole thing did not collapse half way through construction. If it was such a big deal with success guaranteed, I would have thought investors would have been falling over themselves to get a slice of the action. I thought it was pie in the sky from day one, and a huge amount of taxpayers money would have been at risk and probably lost not too far down the line.
Steve Zodiak

Postby troobloo3339 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:24 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I have said plenty of times on here that there is more chance of finding real live pixies at the bottom of my garden than there ever was of seeing a bike on the Circuit of Wales. I think the number of jobs that it may have created was grossly overstated, and that is assuming that the whole thing did not collapse half way through construction. If it was such a big deal with success guaranteed, I would have thought investors would have been falling over themselves to get a slice of the action. I thought it was pie in the sky from day one, and a huge amount of taxpayers money would have been at risk and probably lost not too far down the line.

I think they have allready had about £15 million in grants
That have been spewed by the directors paying themselves ?
troobloo3339

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:31 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I have said plenty of times on here that there is more chance of finding real live pixies at the bottom of my garden than there ever was of seeing a bike on the Circuit of Wales. I think the number of jobs that it may have created was grossly overstated, and that is assuming that the whole thing did not collapse half way through construction. If it was such a big deal with success guaranteed, I would have thought investors would have been falling over themselves to get a slice of the action. I thought it was pie in the sky from day one, and a huge amount of taxpayers money would have been at risk and probably lost not too far down the line.

I think they have allready had about £15 million in grants
That have been spewed by the directors paying themselves ?

Yes, I think a lot of money has already gone down the drain. Could have been a lot worse with hundreds of millions of pounds at risk. I don't agree with a lot of decisions the Welsh Government makes, but I believe they have made the right one here.
Steve Zodiak

Postby GrangeEndStar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:58 pm

This always smacked of 'funding junkies' trying it on with the WAG. On paper, brilliant but I'm no expert on the business of motor racing so I looked at what the folks that are were saying'', which was that it was a complete non starter in sustainable commercial terms. I want to see tier 1 developments being built here but I'm surprised this one had even got this far. And you can bet that some of the planning stage grants have been converted to nice German cars. Good call by WAG.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Well the owners certainly were good salesmen as moto GB was booked in for when it opened! But got to question wags decision making process as taken years and millions of £££s just to say no? :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:12 pm

Another waste of money :oops:
TopCat CCFC

Postby ccfcsince1962 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:18 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:BREAKING NEWS:
The Circuit of Wales which was planned to be a Race Track for MotoGP and Music Concerts and other little events such as Mountain Bikes and more, anyway Today was the day that the final decision was made to either give it the Green light or to Scrap everything. Well the decision today has come out in only a few minutes earlier was made from the Welsh Government and the Ministers to SCRAP the whole idea of a racing track in Wales as it will be too risky to go ahead and with the uncertainty of the money situation.

My Opinion: I really wanted this track to go ahead as Wales need a main Race Track to host major Events and if this track went ahead we would of saw 6000 more new Jobs and more attractive motorsport like GP3, Formula 2 Formula E and maybe even Formula 1 it's such a shame that the Welsh Government and Ministers decided to rubbish th eplans for this new Track as it had so much potential for making even more money for Wales and so much more would off happened, I hope we Welshmen get another Track in plan the future and maybe in Cardiff :ayatollah:

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE TRACK BEING SCRAPPED.

When properly analysed the business plan only gave evidence of about 300 permanent jobs plus up to another 600 in support industries I.e nowhere near the 6000 jobs the deal proposers suggested. So couldn't be supported financially. The Welsh Government should have done that proper analysis a lot ng time ago, not leave it until this late in the process.

Another problem is that any guarantee given by WG would have had to be treated in the same way as if they had actually given the cash I.e. it would have reduced the funds available to them for other projects by having to allow for the full guarantee value until the guarantee lapsed over time
ccfcsince1962

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:53 pm

It would of created thousands of jobs. Bought prosperity to the area, house prices would of gone up but yeah it was a very bad idea :o :? :? The area needed this track but hey we have an assembly that would rather spend the money on other things that will never help the region.
Nuclearblue

Return to General Chat