" NEIL WARNOCK WARNS STRIKER RICKIE LAMBERT "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:24 am

Rickie Lambert: Warnock warns striker over game time

Rickie Lambert is currently costing the Bluebirds well over £25,000 a week.

By Ian Hunt BBC Wales Sport

Tuesday 27th June

England international Rickie Lambert is unlikely to play many Cardiff City games in 2017-18, says boss Neil Warnock.

The former Liverpool striker, 35, was Cardiff's star signing when he joined from West Brom in the summer of 2016.

Warnock says he will prefer Kenneth Zohore and new signing Danny Ward.

"If Zahore's fit and Ward's fit, he's not going to get much (game time) at all, is he? He's not daft," said Warnock.

Lambert scored only four goals in 13 league starts in 2016-17.

"It's a catch-22 situation for Rickie - he wants to get fit enough to play enough in the Championship, yet he needs games to get himself fit," said Warnock.

"We haven't been able to do that on either front."

Back in training

Carduff City committee signed Lambert on a two-year deal in August, 2016.

The last of Lambert's four Cardiff goals came in a 3-1 defeat at Aston Villa on 26 November.

He was restricted mostly to substitute appearances under Warnock as Zohore established himself as Cardiff's first-choice striker.

"We're back in training this week so I'll be having a chat with Rickie and one or two others over the next week or so," said Warnock.

"I think it (Lambert's future) will be sorted over the next fortnight. I can't see it dragging on into the summer."
Attachments
IMG_1645.JPG
IMG_1645.JPG (64.01 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " NEIL WARNOCK WARNS STRIKER RICKIE LAMBERT "

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:04 am

Lambert is turning out to be one of our most expensive strikers/players in recent years, you would if thought we would of learnt from our recent past.

Thankfully Warnock is here and I have heard he is trying to loan him out and we then only pay half of Lambert wages as NO one would be daft/fool enough to pay all of them.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby DandoCCFC » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:Lambert is turning out to be one of our most expensive strikers/players in recent years, you would if thought we would of learnt from our recent past.

Thankfully Warnock is here and I have heard he is trying to loan him out and we then only pay half of Lambert wages as NO one would be daft/fool enough to pay all of them.

I feel sorry for Lambert in some respects, he does put in 110% just the game and his age as caught up with him, it happens and I think people make the situation sound a lot worse than what it was.

Trollope wanted him and thought he was the man for us but he weren't.. bad signings happen Annis and you can't get away from it and Warnock will make some and already done in Richardson and Chamakh and you can say what you want short terms deals or not but the question comes what was the point in bringing them here if they was on short term deals, pointless.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:15 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Lambert is turning out to be one of our most expensive strikers/players in recent years, you would if thought we would of learnt from our recent past.

I feel sorry for Lambert in some respects, he does put in 110% just the game and his age as caught up with him, it happens and I think people make the situation sound a lot worse than what it was.

Trollope wanted him and thought he was the man for us but he weren't.. bad signings happen Annis and you can't get away from it and Warnock will make some and already done in Richardson and Chamakh and you can say what you want short terms deals or not but the question comes what was the point in bringing them here if they was on short term deals, pointless.

Dando, I don't feel sorry for Lambert, he has been getting £millions for years and not earned his money for four years.
Warnock 's signings were free and tempary, you can't even compare them with the costly signing of Lambert.
Signing Lambert was complete madness, with his recent record.

Yes Warnock will make mistakes, but I honestly don't see them anywhere near as costly as Lambert , Do you?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby DandoCCFC » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

Dando, I don't feel sorry for Lambert, he has been getting £millions for years and not earned his money for four years.
Warnock 's signings were free and tempary, you can't even compare them with the costly signing of Lambert.

Yes Warnock will make mistakes, but I honestly don't see them anywhere near as costly as Lambert , Do you?

I mean I feel sorry for him because of some of the comments some supporters have made it's not like he has gone out on the piss before games or caused trouble amongst the team he just simply ain't the player he used to be and it's a natural thing to happen to a player.

I can't compare them in terms of cost no but in terms of why was they actually brought here? Chamakh picked up wages for 2-3 months of doing nothing, he played 2 games so you could argue he was not earning his money.. I agree you can't compare the cost but in terms of why was they actually brought here you could argue the same for all 3 players mentioned.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Dessy1927 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:27 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

I mean I feel sorry for him because of some of the comments some supporters have made it's not like he has gone out on the piss before games or caused trouble amongst the team he just simply ain't the player he used to be and it's a natural thing to happen to a player.

I can't compare them in terms of cost no but in terms of why was they actually brought here? Chamakh picked up wages for 2-3 months of doing nothing, he played 2 games so you could argue he was not earning his money.. I agree you can't compare the cost but in terms of why was they actually brought here you could argue the same for all 3 players mentioned.

They were brought in as squad players for a team struggling down the bottom, they were calculated risks and offered a bit of depth. Yes they didn't work out but we weren't stuck paying their wages 6months later so a no brainer really.
Dessy1927

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:28 am

DandoCCFC wrote:

Don't feel sorry for him mate he's had a long and illustrious career, he's a multimillionaire and is getting paid a fortune. Age catches up with us all!
nubbsy

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:41 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:

Warnock arrived with the club in chaos..with things needing to be changed YESTERDAY and no window open .
my take on all four signings is ..it covered all basis...he knew the 4 players therefore had his OWN PLAYERS in dressing room...the presence of 4 new signings would focus and lift those already here {places not certain }. and of course 4 players we all knew lifted the fan base.
dogfound

Postby mallo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:42 am

time for him to go you don't keep dry rot ! :bluescarf:
Mallo

Will Always be blue !
mallo

Postby Nuclearblue » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:20 pm

We never do !! We get rid of one on high wages that is dead wood and then we buy another and so it continues. It does get frustrating Chief
Nuclearblue

Return to General Chat