Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NEIL WARNOCK KEEN FOR A REUNION "

Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:00 am

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock is keen for a reunion between himself and Everton club captain Phil

27/06/17

The 34 year-old worked alongside Neil Warnock during their time at the Blades, where they won promotion to the Premier League.

It looked like Sheffield United were the firm favourites to sign the former England international but now Cardiff have entered the race.

Everton blog Royal Blue Mersey say that Warnock is keen to bring Jagielka to the Cardiff City Stadium, which also coincides with the Bluebirds now being second favourites to sign the two-club man.

Jagielka who spoke to TalkSport last week, spoke of rumoured interest from Sheffield United but said nothing has come to fruition.

“If there was, obviously I wouldn’t be coming on the radio discussing it! That is a nice try.

“I’ve heard the rumours myself, but as of yet there’s nothing in that.”

This came after Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder said that the Blades would welcome back their youth product with open arms.

“I’ve not spoken to Phil,” he said. “He’s gone from here to have a wonderful career and if we wants to come back and play here for a couple of years we’d be delighted.

“But I’m sure he’ll think he’s still got life at the top. He’s a Premier League player and captained his country.

Jagielka has racked up a number of appearances for the Toffees over the last decade and despite being deemed out of favour at Goodison Park, he made 27 appearances for Ronald Koeman’s men last season.

But with Everton now in the Europa League and with financial backing on their side, they may be inclined to invest in a stronger squad, which could mean that he could be shown the exit door, with his 35th birthday coming up in a few months time.

The possible signing of Jagielka could mean that Bruno Ecuele Manga could be moving elsewhere with his future not yet secured although talks have been positive with the Gabon international.