Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

1.5 Billion to Northern Ireland !!

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:17 pm

1.5 billion pound bribe to DUP with who had less than 1% of the total vote yet people of Grenfell Tower still homeless :banghead: What a wonderful world we live in :oops: :roll:

What ever happened to social conscience ? And the Tories have the cheek to accuse a reporter challenging them "unpatriotic" :roll:

Re: 1.5 Billion to Northern Ireland !!

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:32 pm

Perhaps the Labour party should have not been sneaky and asked all the other parties to join up with Labour to oust the Tories. Labour and the Unions will do anything to get the Tories out.

Our economy will be frazzled under a Corbyn government as all the other parties will want their fair share of the money and it will be left with the tax payer and working class people to pick up the bill so, 1.5 billion not too bad.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:42 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Perhaps the Labour party should have not been sneaky and asked all the other parties to join up with Labour to oust the Tories. Labour and the Unions will do anything to get the Tories out.

Our economy will be frazzled under a Corbyn government as all the other parties will want their fair share of the money and it will be left with the tax payer and working class people to pick up the bill so, 1.5 billion not too bad.

I was thinking the opposite.Its really funny they can find an extra 1.5b when it suits the Tories.I guess they'll have to keep mugging the disabled to pay for it.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:43 pm

Surely there will be a legal challenge.

I can understand there being a push to promote the DUP policies but how can they give cold hard cash to NI outside of the Barnett Formula.

It cannot go down well in the Scottish and Welsh Parliaments.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:48 pm

MalagaCF wrote: 1.5 billion not too bad.

You are joking right?

Since when has 1.5 BILLION been not bad when is given to the smallest region of the UK at the expense of any other other policies or regions.

Where is Wales' share?

Do you live in Spain?

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:06 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Perhaps the Labour party should have not been sneaky and asked all the other parties to join up with Labour to oust the Tories. Labour and the Unions will do anything to get the Tories out.

Sorry, have I missed something?

Are you seriously blaming this 1.5 billion bribe on Labour ? If so you are either having a laugh or deluded. I wasn't even making a party political point just pointing out what I perceive as right and wrong.

Even most Tories are embarrassed by this. So it's OK for the Tories to ask Lib Dems or DUP to prop them up but if Labour do it (and there is nothing to say that they have lately) it's not OK :? :roll: In the last three elections they've only been able to form one government without assistance from others.

This decision is not just wrong it's obscene. Do you seriously think this is a good way to spend significant money, in a time of alleged austerity, when we have those poor people begging for a place to sleep ? If so then there is no reasoning with people like you :twisted:

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:17 pm

Making up facts, Labour said the opposite you donut.
Tories scare tactics saying coalition of chaos, yet they're the ones who had to bribe a backward party to arrange their own coalition of chaos, you couldn't make this shit up. :banghead:

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:20 pm

Wayne S wrote:
MalagaCF wrote: 1.5 billion not too bad.

You are joking right?

Since when has 1.5 BILLION been not bad when is given to the smallest region of the UK at the expense of any other other policies or regions.

Where is Wales' share?

Do you live in Spain?

Live in the Valleys.
Labour would gav spent more if Corbyn got in as SNP, Green party, lib Dems, Plaid cymri would have wanted their slice of money for helping Cobyn come prime minister.
Yes its political bribing, they had no other choice to stay in power.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:21 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

Are you seriously blaming this 1.5 billion bribe on Labour ? If so you are either having a laugh or deluded. I wasn't even making a party political point just pointing out what I perceive as right and wrong.

Even most Tories are embarrassed by this. So it's OK for the Tories to ask Lib Dems or DUP to prop them up but if Labour do it (and there is nothing to say that they have lately) it's not OK :? :roll: In the last three elections they've only been able to form one government without assistance from others.

This decision is not just wrong it's obscene. Do you seriously think this is a good way to spend significant money, in a time of alleged austerity, when we have those poor people begging for a place to sleep ? If so then there is no reasoning with people like you :twisted:

Its pointless mate - these people believe what they want to believe not facts. As someone said today this is a bribe using other people's money and the magic money tree has suddenly sprouted pound notes left, right and centre. Each DUP members vote has cost £150 million pounds. It is an utter disgrace :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:22 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

I was thinking the opposite.Its really funny they can find an extra 1.5b when it suits the Tories. I guess they'll have to keep mugging the disabled to pay for it.

Yes, we will all pay for it, but if Corbyn got in, he would have to have given all the other parties billions for putting him in power.
Its wrong, but its life in politics

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:25 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:Perhaps the Labour party should have not been sneaky and asked all the other parties to join up with Labour to oust the Tories. Labour and the Unions are arseholes and will do anything to get the Tories out.
Our economy will be fcuked under a Corbyn government as all the other parties will want their fair share of the money and it will be left with the tax payer and working class people to pick up the bill so 1.5 billion not too bad.

Yes its disgusting but if Corbyn gotvin supported by other parties then he would have given Plaid, SNP, green party, etc etc billions more for putting him in power.
Its wrong but that's politics.
That's what you get when Labour ask the other parties to gang together to oust the Tories

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:29 pm

MalagaCF wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:Perhaps the Labour party should have not been sneaky and asked all the other parties to join up with Labour to oust the Tories. Labour and the Unions are arseholes and will do anything to get the Tories out.
Our economy will be fcuked under a Corbyn government as all the other parties will want their fair share of the money and it will be left with the tax payer and working class people to pick up the bill so 1.5 billion not too bad.

Yes its disgusting but if Corbyn gotvin supported by other parties then he would have given Plaid, SNP, green party, etc etc billions more for putting him in power.
That's what you get when Labour ask the other parties to gang together to oust the Tories

But it's OK for the Tories to do it in 2 out of the last 3 elections ? :roll: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:56 pm

I think it's a price worth paying to keep that Corbyn guy out of number 10. Imagine him and that deluded Abbott running the country. Please keep the loony left away from power. F.T.J.!!!

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:09 pm

Imagine voting conservative and classing yourself as a working class citizen.

Theresa May to a nurse who hasn't had a pay rise in 8 years 'There's no magic money tree'.

May to DUP 'Here's 1.5 billion so I can keep my job.

Classy bunch the conservatives.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:11 pm

How many of us actually voted Plaid Cymru? The people of Wales could've made a huge statement, but we didn't. But to be honest, the best we could hope for would be a Labour hung parliament with Plaid Cymru helping them out - no chance.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:26 pm

cf40 wrote:I think it's a price worth paying to keep that Corbyn guy out of number 10. Imagine him and that deluded Abbott running the country. Please keep the loony left away from power. F.T.J.!!!

AGREE

See link, Labour to tax the working class but they still vote for the clown.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/821551 ... ing-people

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:29 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Imagine voting conservative and classing yourself as a working class citizen.

Theresa May to a nurse who hasn't had a pay rise in 8 years 'There's no magic money tree'.

Nurses are on great wages.
They do a great job but don't tell me they don't earn a lot.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:30 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:How many of us actually voted Plaid Cymru? The people of Wales could've made a huge statement, but we didn't. But to be honest, the best we could hope for would be a Labour hung parliament with Plaid Cymru helping them out - no chance.

If Plaid won in Wales and joined the Conservatives, I'm sure we would have got 1.5 billion too.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:37 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Imagine voting conservative and classing yourself as a working class citizen.

I'm not taking sides but that is a really good point.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:38 am

MalagaCF wrote:

Check out their genuine hourly rate.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:01 am

MalagaCF wrote:

So your argument boils down to if Labour had formed a Government they would have shared the nations wealth more fairly and that is something we should avoid?

Christ give up mate :roll:

Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:18 am

MalagaCF wrote:

Nurses earn £21,692 when newly qualified rising to £28,180 depending on Banding and experience. They can earn more through overtime or promotion. Of course that doesn't take into consideration the years of training where their earnings are next to nothing and the debt they build up gaining qualifications.

The vast majority of Nurses fall into the same pay bracket as Construction trades, Countryside and park rangers, Crane drivers, Driving instructors and Floorers and wall tillers.

Whilst the above occupations are all very worthy when you compare them to the job Nurses do in literally saving lives you have to conclude that they are under underappreciated when it comes salary consideration.

So I have no problem in telling you they don't earn enough.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:26 am

MalagaCF wrote:

You haven't got a clue, my sister is a fully qualified nurse and her hourly rate is not that far from minimum wage when you factor the actual hours worked once completed paperwork. Her flatmate who works in a burger restaurant earns more than her.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:47 am

piledriver64 wrote:1.5 billion pound bribe to DUP with who had less than 1% of the total vote yet people of Grenfell Tower still homeless :banghead: What a wonderful world we live in :oops: :roll:

What ever happened to social conscience ? And the Tories have the cheek to accuse a reporter challenging them "unpatriotic" :roll:

As much as I disagree with what the Tories have done and think it's a disgrace. This situation wouldn't have come about if Labour had not bribed the electorate with money and promises that would not and could not have been kept.

Labour knew full well the Tories were in for a massive victory so decided to promise the world knowing they would never have to keep the promises they made as they'd never get into power. The gullible electorate fell for it which led to the situation we have now.

Politics in the UK is now dead and all the parties are an embarrassment as not one is in it for the people, they're only looking out for themselves.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:15 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:

You haven't got a clue, my sister is a fully qualified nurse and her hourly rate is not that far from minimum wage when you factor the actual hours worked once completed paperwork. Her flatmate who works in a burger restaurant earns more than her.

If ever there was proof of someone not knowing what they are talking about, Malaga comes out on top. Three years of studying, 12 hour shifts, both days and nights, and just over £20,000 a year reward. They don't earn a lot, and the reason I know is because my daughter is a nurse working these shifts for £22k per anum.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:33 am

Mikey27 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:1.5 billion pound bribe to DUP with who had less than 1% of the total vote yet people of Grenfell Tower still homeless :banghead: What a wonderful world we live in :oops: :roll:

As much as I disagree with what the Tories have done and think it's a disgrace. This situation wouldn't have come about if Labour had not bribed the electorate with money and promises that would not and could not have been kept.

Labour knew full well the Tories were in for a massive victory so decided to promise the world knowing they would never have to keep the promises they made as they'd never get into power. The gullible electorate fell for it which led to the situation we have now.

Politics in the UK is now dead and all the parties are an embarrassment as not one is in it for the people, they're only looking out for themselves.

some very good points..
all those promises { total and utter bollox }with the brexit negotiations coming up.and nobody absolutely nobody knowing just how much things will change.
then people vote labour doing exactly what the DUP have done complain.
if Jeremys manifesto had one ounce of honesty in it the DUP would be getting nothing.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:08 pm

I don't like getting into the political chats - but how corrupt is that?
They can reduce people's pensions can't afford certain aspects of the NHS can't provide free school meals but seems that when they need to send a "bung" of £1.5b of tax payers money - well that's ok - sick of the political system in this country is ruined

Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:39 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:

I earn no where near nurses wages and I'm not the only one

Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:

Check out their genuine hourly rate.

A lot more than I earn and many others. Good jobs r hard to come by in Wales and nursing is a good career.
I don't see many leaving their jobs because of their low wages.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:

Nurses earn £21,692 when newly qualified rising to £28,180 depending on Banding and experience. They can earn more through overtime or promotion. Of course that doesn't take into consideration the years of training where their earnings are next to nothing and the debt they build up gaining qualifications.

The vast majority of Nurses fall into the same pay bracket as Construction trades, Countryside and park rangers, Crane drivers, Driving instructors and Floorers and wall tillers.

Whilst the above occupations are all very worthy when you compare them to the job Nurses do in literally saving lives you have to conclude that they are under underappreciated when it comes salary consideration.

So I have no problem in telling you they don't earn enough.

Many workers on less than £300 a week. 40 hrs times minimum wage. You don't see many nurses leave their jobs for better paid ones.