1.5 Billion to Northern Ireland !!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 1.5 Billion to Northern Ireland !!

Postby MalagaCF » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Imagine voting conservative and classing yourself as a working class citizen.

Theresa May to a nurse who hasn't had a pay rise in 8 years 'There's no magic money tree'.

May to DUP 'Here's 1.5 billion so I can keep my job.

Classy bunch the conservatives.

Nurses are on great wages.
They do a great job but don't tell me they don't earn a lot.

You haven't got a clue, my sister is a fully qualified nurse and her hourly rate is not that far from minimum wage when you factor the actual hours worked once completed paperwork. Her flatmate who works in a burger restaurant earns more than her.

If ever there was proof of someone not knowing what they are talking about, Malaga comes out on top. Three years of studying, 12 hour shifts, both days and nights, and just over £20,000 a year reward. They don't earn a lot, and the reason I know is because my daughter is a nurse working these shifts for £22k per anum.

They not looking to leave their jobs though are they and they get overtime. I know many nurses £30k plus.
If anyone deserves a pay rise its people on minimum wage.
MalagaCF

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby MalagaCF » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:49 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:I don't like getting into the political chats - but how corrupt is that?
They can reduce people's pensions can't afford certain aspects of the NHS can't provide free school meals but seems that when they need to send a "bung" of £1.5b of tax payers money - well that's ok - sick of the political system in this country is ruined

Agree its corrupt. But if labour got in backed by the SNP I'm sure the SNP would have asked the labour party for billions of pounds for the Scottish votes
MalagaCF

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:08 pm

MalagaCF wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Imagine voting conservative and classing yourself as a working class citizen.

Theresa May to a nurse who hasn't had a pay rise in 8 years 'There's no magic money tree'.

You haven't got a clue, my sister is a fully qualified nurse and her hourly rate is not that far from minimum wage when you factor the actual hours worked once completed paperwork. Her flatmate who works in a burger restaurant earns more than her.

If ever there was proof of someone not knowing what they are talking about, Malaga comes out on top. Three years of studying, 12 hour shifts, both days and nights, and just over £20,000 a year reward. They don't earn a lot, and the reason I know is because my daughter is a nurse working these shifts for £22k per anum.

They not looking to leave their jobs though are they and they get overtime. I know many nurses £30k plus.

The last I heard there were over 20,000 nursing vacancies in the UK. Every hospital is understaffed, some seriously short of numbers. On the ward where my daughter works (stroke ward) three nurses have left in the last two months. Those remaining are getting extra money at the moment because they are being asked to provide additional cover. For the years of studying, the pressure they work under and the responsibility they have, their pay is useless. I earned double their salary for sitting on my backside in an office doing a job that was nowhere near as important as the job a nurse does.
Steve Zodiak

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:30 pm

I'm pretty confident that the DUP would have backed the Tories regardless, so this bribe seems unneeded.
MarshfieldIsBlue

Postby MalagaCF » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:30 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:

The last I heard there were over 20,000 nursing vacancies in the UK. Every hospital is understaffed, some seriously short of numbers. On the ward where my daughter works (stroke ward) three nurses have left in the last two months. Those remaining are getting extra money at the moment because they are being asked to provide additional cover. For the years of studying, the pressure they work under and the responsibility they have, their pay is useless. I earned double their salary for sitting on my backside in an office doing a job that was nowhere near as important as the job a nurse does.

Agree they do a great job. I know nurses on great wages with the overtime.
MalagaCF

Postby MalagaCF » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:31 am

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:I'm pretty confident that the DUP would have backed the Tories regardless, so this bribe seems unneeded.

Yes, they probably would have.
MalagaCF

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:40 am

MalagaCF wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:

Check out their genuine hourly rate.

A lot more than I earn and many others. Good jobs r hard to come by in Wales and nursing is a good career.
I don't see many leaving their jobs because of their low wages.

If it's that good then why don't you do it?
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Fusilier23 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:26 am

A fair price to pay to keep Corbyn out who would spend a lot more with his freebies
10/01/15
The day normality was restored
Back to Blue
Fusilier23

Postby nubbsy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:07 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:

Steve, Couldn't agree more. The work they do is unreal. And let's not forget the whole purpose of their job and it's value, keeping people alive and healthy. They are underpaid and understaffed anyone that argues against this hasn't got a clue!
nubbsy

Postby Sven » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:15 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:

Steve, Couldn't agree more. The work they do is unreal. And let's not forget the whole purpose of their job and it's value, keeping people alive and healthy. They are underpaid and understaffed anyone that argues against this hasn't got a clue!

Totally agree :thumbup:

Experienced and dedicated nurses of 30 years+ now walking out of their jobs due to (and I can quote a close friend) "lack of support and understanding by management and politicians seeking to meet unrealistic targets with ever decreasing staff levels" :(

These people do an incredible job 24/7 and it would take a pure capitalist to try and justify the poor wages they are on for such long and unsocial hours! ;) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:The last I heard there were over 20,000 nursing vacancies in the UK. Every hospital is understaffed, some seriously short of numbers. On the ward where my daughter works (stroke ward) three nurses have left in the last two months. Those remaining are getting extra money at the moment because they are being asked to provide additional cover. For the years of studying, the pressure they work under and the responsibility they have, their pay is useless. I earned double their salary for sitting on my backside in an office doing a job that was nowhere near as important as the job a nurse does.

Totally agree they are amazing people who are financially underappreciated and frankly taken advantage of. Unfortunately the news gets worse as more savage cuts to the NHS are on there way.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:55 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:The last I heard there were over 20,000 nursing vacancies in the UK. Every hospital is understaffed, some seriously short of numbers. On the ward where my daughter works (stroke ward) three nurses have left in the last two months. Those remaining are getting extra money at the moment because they are being asked to provide additional cover. For the years of studying, the pressure they work under and the responsibility they have, their pay is useless. I earned double their salary for sitting on my backside in an office doing a job that was nowhere near as important as the job a nurse does.

Totally agree they are amazing people who are financially underappreciated and frankly taken advantage of. Unfortunately the news gets worse as more savage cuts to the NHS are on there way.

For me it boarders on criminal behavior by this government.The money they can justify to keep them in power was mugged from the NHS and other emergency services.To top it off they are robbing disabled people too.
Sneggyblubird

Postby splottbluebird48 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:26 pm

I have nothing but praise for nurses when my late wife died of Cancer 4 years ago they show compassion dignity in abundance they truly are unsung heroes IMHO
splottbluebird48

Previous

Return to General Chat