Nuclear weapons

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Nuclear weapons

Postby angelis1949 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:41 pm

I see that old and dangerous fool Corbin once again want to strip this country of it's nuclear deterrent leaving our country open to nuclear blackmail
angelis1949

Nuclear weapons

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Nuclear weapons

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:57 pm

But that's not really the case is it ?

I'm not actually in favour of disarmourment but I'm not hugely convinced that having nuclear weapons actually makes us safer.

The most dangerous regime in the world right now is North Korea. Do really think he'd engage in blackmail ? Cyber attack maybe but on the nuclear side I think he's more likely to just press the button, in which case we'll press our button but we'll all still be dead but happy in the knowledge he will be dead too :roll:

As I say, I'd rather keep them but even I don't know why I feel that way but perhaps I need to re-assess my thinking :oops: :lol:
piledriver64

Postby GrangeEndStar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:07 pm

Diane Abbott would shield us from any nuclear strike with her massive arse. Nothing would get past that-bastard.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby JimCP91 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:10 pm

"Nuclear deterrent"

Nuclear weapons are probably the second biggest risk humanity after global warming and you think they're a good thing. Backwards thinking bunch.
JimCP91

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:28 pm

piledriver64 wrote:But that's not really the case is it ?

I'm not actually in favour of disarmourment but I'm not hugely convinced that having nuclear weapons actually makes us safer.

The most dangerous regime in the world right now is North Korea. Do really think he'd engage in blackmail ? Cyber attack maybe but on the nuclear side I think he's more likely to just press the button, in which case we'll press our button but we'll all still be dead but happy in the knowledge he will be dead too :roll:

As I say, I'd rather keep them but even I don't know why I feel that way but perhaps I need to re-assess my thinking :oops: :lol:

If N Korea fired a missile at us, it would probably hit Australia.
Steve Zodiak

Postby GrangeEndStar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:40 pm

North Korea are the Stephen Bywater of the missile world.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Bluebird For Life » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:51 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:North Korea are the Stephen Bywater of the missile world.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bluebird For Life

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:03 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Diane Abbott would shield us from any nuclear strike with her massive arse. Nothing would get past that-bastard.

:lol:
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:38 pm

piledriver64 wrote:But that's not really the case is it ?

i think the point is you can never be sure when being the first to strike that your misiles will hit their target , be as destructive as you hoped for or not be shot out of the sky... but can be sure that the other nuclear power has/will responded.
unless of course you attack someone wwho has a multi billion pound nuclear deterrent but a dithery old fart by the controls being fed the number codes by his ex girlfriend.
dogfound

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:50 pm

angelis1949 wrote:I see that old and dangerous fool Corbin once again want to strip this country of it's nuclear deterrent leaving our country open to nuclear blackmail

Did you think he'd changed his mind or something?
nubbsy

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:01 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Diane Abbott would shield us from any nuclear strike with her massive arse. Nothing would get past that-bastard.

:occasion5: :clap:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:04 pm

JimCP91 wrote:"Nuclear deterrent"

Nuclear weapons are probably the second biggest risk humanity after global warming and you think they're a good thing. Backwards thinking bunch.

Mate if you think Global Warming is the number one threat to the world you have no right to call anyone backwards thinking - there's more holes in the climate change argument than there ever will be in the ozone layer
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:07 pm

nubbsy wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:I see that old and dangerous fool Corbin once again want to strip this country of it's nuclear deterrent leaving our country open to nuclear blackmail

Did you think he'd changed his mind or something?

i didnt..the election campaign was a lie a minute from him..
dogfound

Postby JimCP91 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:56 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Mate if you think Global Warming is the number one threat to the world you have no right to call anyone backwards thinking - there's more holes in the climate change argument than there ever will be in the ozone layer

Climate change is a natural cycle of our planet. There are no holes in the climate change theory. Maybe you're thinking about man made climate change, which is speeding this process up, which is supported by 99% of all academic scientists.

Yes, the people who study climate change believe it is terrifying.
JimCP91

Postby dogfound » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:20 pm

JimCP91 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Climate change is a natural cycle of our planet. There are no holes in the climate change theory. Maybe you're thinking about man made climate change, which is speeding this process up, which is supported by 99% of all academic scientists.

not convinced either way.
the 99% of scientists claim is a flat out lie by those pushing an agenda though.
dogfound

Postby City Slicker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:54 pm

dogfound wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

the 99% of scientists claim is a flat out lie by those pushing an agenda though.

I agree and these so called "experts" peddling other nonsensical whimsies such as the Earth being round. My street is as flat as a pancake.
City Slicker

Postby nubbsy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:28 pm

City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

I agree and these so called "experts" peddling other nonsensical whimsies such as the Earth being round. My street is as flat as a pancake.

Let's be fair though we can argue all day, none of us have a f*cking clue what's going on.
nubbsy

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:39 pm

Russia
USA
France
China
Pakistan
India
Israel
North Korea
And soon to be Iran
Now there is not many on that list I would exactly trust. But they all have Nuclear weapons. They are a abhorrent weapon but it's of such brutal effect that it is a deterrent. But you get rid of them then you could return to the horrors of world war 1 and 2.
If you get rid of guns then you would return to gathering in a field with swords and bows and arrows and that is just horrific.
But the brutal truth most of us civilised people want peace and for us all to get on, but there is just one spanner in the works here. Humans are brutal and always have been, we believe in gods and make believe friends that make us kill each other, or we love greed to the degree we will butcher each other for it.
Those that want peace are good people but they are also very deluded people as it just ain't going to happen.
We have had Nuclear weapons for longer that I have been on this earth and I'm 51 and in that time I have not been involved in the horrors of war that has been a stain on humanity. Taking away the Falklands and Terrorism be it Irish or Islamic, but let's face it our Nuclear deterrent has kept us safe so why change it ? In a world where more countries are obtaining Nuclear weapons it just isn't logical to get rid of ours. So who thinks if we get rid of ours the others will get rid of there's ?
Nuclearblue

Postby Dave67 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:20 am

City Slicker wrote:I agree and these so called "experts" peddling other nonsensical whimsies such as the Earth being round. My street is as flat as a pancake.

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
Dave67

Return to General Chat