" CARDIFF CITY INTERESTED IN EVERTON DEFENDER "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:24 pm

HITC Sport

Monday 26th June 2017

Sheffield United could have competition in their pursuit of Everton's Phil Jagielka - from old boss Neil Warnock.

United manager Chris Wilder admitted last week he would be "delighted" if Jagielka was up for a return to Bramall Lane - where he began his career 17 years ago - after bookmaker Skybet slashed its odds on the 34-year-old signing for the Blades before 3 September.

United were at one stage the 1/3 favourites, with Stoke City their closest challengers at 16/1.

However, after doubts were cast over the League One champions' chances, their odds have since drifted to 6/4 - with those of Warnock's Cardiff City cut to 6/1.

Warnock gave Jagielka his debut at Bramall Lane, and quickly made him a key member of a Blades side which eventually reached to Premier League in 2006 - a year before the England international's £4 million transfer to Everton.

Though a regular last season, Jagielka's Goodison Park future is currently uncertain as the Toffees seek to strengthen at the heart of their defence, ahead of the end of their captain's contract expiring this summer.

And a reunion with Warnock - whose Cardiff side could be better placed than Sheffield United financially - may appeal should the Mancunian decide to leave Everton this summer.

Can Warnock get one over on Sheffield United this summer?
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: "

Postby DandoCCFC » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:26 pm

With wages and how many defenders we have here I wouldn't want him here unless Manga didn't sign a new deal.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Re: " CARDIFF CITY INTERESTED IN EVERTON DEFENDER "

Postby kalamazoomakone » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:46 pm

i reckon if warnock wants jagienka he knows manga is on his bike... :old:
kalamazoomakone

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Jagielka at 34, has always been a solid defender.

He's naturally speedy, his pace has not let him down, isn't he one of the fastest ever prem league footballers ?
Wolfpac

Postby Blue_Barber » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Think this is a dead rubber - I also think Warnock is aware of keeping his squads age lower and will look at a blend of experience and mileage
Blue_Barber

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:04 pm

kalamazoomakone wrote:i reckon if warnock wants jagienka he knows manga is on his bike... :old:

Or maybe Morrison if the£3m bid is correct ? I'd go for that !
piledriver64

Postby Blue_Barber » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:06 pm

I only want him if he gets his hair done like Kazeem
Blue_Barber

Jagielka to Cardiff

Postby WelshPatriot » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:22 pm

Just read an article on inside Welsh soccer claiming we are favourites to sign Phil jagielka. Not seen it anywhere else.
WelshPatriot

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:06 pm

Please keep Manga, sell Morrison and bring Jagielka in! What a signing this would be!
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Blueboys1927 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:53 pm

We could never afford Jags wages :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:11 am

Was hoping we were signing Ashley Williams... Would cause a bigger stir than Jazz Richards signing did. :)
MarshfieldIsBlue

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:59 am

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock is keen for a reunion between himself and Everton club captain Phil Jagielka.

The 34 year-old worked alongside Neil Warnock during their time at the Blades, where they won promotion to the Premier League.

It looked like Sheffield United were the firm favourites to sign the former England international but now Cardiff have entered the race.

Everton blog Royal Blue Mersey say that Warnock is keen to bring Jagielka to the Cardiff City Stadium, which also coincides with the Bluebirds now being second favourites to sign the two-club man.

Jagielka who spoke to TalkSport last week, spoke of rumoured interest from Sheffield United but said nothing has come to fruition.

“If there was, obviously I wouldn’t be coming on the radio discussing it! That is a nice try.

“I’ve heard the rumours myself, but as of yet there’s nothing in that.”

This came after Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder said that the Blades would welcome back their youth product with open arms.

“I’ve not spoken to Phil,” he said. “He’s gone from here to have a wonderful career and if we wants to come back and play here for a couple of years we’d be delighted.

“But I’m sure he’ll think he’s still got life at the top. He’s a Premier League player and captained his country.

Jagielka has racked up a number of appearances for the Toffees over the last decade and despite being deemed out of favour at Goodison Park, he made 27 appearances for Ronald Koeman’s men last season.

But with Everton now in the Europa League and with financial backing on their side, they may be inclined to invest in a stronger squad, which could mean that he could be shown the exit door, with his 35th birthday coming up in a few months time.

The possible signing of Jagielka could mean that Bruno Ecuele Manga could be moving elsewhere with his future not yet secured although talks have been positive with the Gabon international.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:45 am

More rumours from HITC?

Can't see it happening. What's he Guna take 15k a week?
nubbsy

Postby Salty68 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:21 am

Get him in. Leads by example, still has the legs and chips in with a few goals.
Salty68

Postby Blue_Barber » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:32 pm

Now Manga has signed I guess that means this ones a dead rubber
Blue_Barber

Postby bluemun » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Surely he's still a Premier player. I can see a few clubs in for him, like Burnley for example.
bluemun

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Can't see him coming here, he's too young for a start, and I don't think he's injured either.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Blue_Barber » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:47 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:Can't see him coming here, he's too young for a start, and I don't think he's injured either.

Proper Lol'd in public then
Blue_Barber

Return to General Chat