City Centre fire

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CITY CENTRE FIRE (MONDAY)

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Cardiff's Greyfriars Road reopens after fire

Black smoke was seen rising from the car park

About 50 firefighters have tackled a blaze which closed a busy road in Cardiff city centre.

South Wales Fire and Rescue Service was called to Crockherbtown Lane just after 12:30 BST on Monday.

Nearby buildings were evacuated amid fears the fire, which had spread to an electrical substation, could spread to neighbouring properties.

People had been asked to avoid Greyfriars Road, but it has since reopened.

The fire was extinguished just after 15:20 but firefighters remained at the scene to damp down and check that the blaze had not spread.

The fire involved industrial bins and oil and a three-storey adjacent building was "heavily smoked", the fire service said.

Fire investigators were at the scene working with police to determine the cause of the fire.
Attachments
fire_96685757_fire.jpg
fire_96685757_fire.jpg (31.16 KiB) Viewed 626 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat