Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: "THREE MORE PLAYERS TO ARRIVE"

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:51 pm

NEIL WARNOCK: "THREE MORE PLAYERS TO ARRIVE"

Neil Warnock has today stated, he wants three more players and expects them to be here before Cardiff City's first friendly.

Neil Warnock:"I intend to add three more players before our pre-season friendlies"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' NEIL WARNOCK:"THREE MORE PLAYERS TO ARRIVE"

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:52 pm

Cardiff manager Warnock has also confirmed he wants to sign a further three players ahead of the new season.

BBC

26th June 2017

Last week Cardiff signed striker Danny Ward from Rotherham United and the Bluebirds have also recruited goalkeepers Lee Camp and Neil Etheridge this summer on free transfers, as well as Scotland defender Callum Paterson and winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:54 pm

2 central mids and a striker I would have thought.

Still plenty of deadwood to move on as well though :clap:

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: "THREE MORE PLAYERS TO ARRIVE"

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:03 pm

Let's get some fringe players gone then!

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:28 pm

These need to be 3 major signings

The 5 signings so far all seem decent players that will add strength and depth to the squad without spending huge amounts on transfer fees

But if we really want top six it's going to need 3 players who will actually improve the team as starters..and that will not be cheap.

But Warnock has proved time and time again how astute he is in the transfer market...so it's up to Tan/Dalman to back him with some cash

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:31 pm

Heard rumours we're in for Newcastle youngster Rolando Aarons on loan, any truth in this ??

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:43 pm

Warnock is no slouch is he! Would be good to get the deadwood off perhaps he's being given the Huws fee to add to his war chest! And maybe he's got some other outgoings going on that will allow him to bring in the other three??

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:58 pm

i think a winger a striker and a creative midfielder,maybe two creative players instead of a striker

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:04 pm

I'd be thinking loans from Premier League clubs to give us a head start before Christmas rather than trying to catch up in January.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:24 pm

2blue2handle wrote:2 central mids and a striker I would have thought.

Still plenty of deadwood to move on as well though :clap:

This, if the 3 players ain't them positions then we are f**ked.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:39 pm

Im hoping a striker and two midfielders, I really don't think we need another winger when we have got Junior, Kadeem, Mendez-laing, Kennedy and if need be Ward to play there. Plus pilks and Noone are still around, yes they are expected to go but theres no guarantees that someone will take them off us and if they dont we have then got too many wingers in that case.

First we need another midfielder as regardless if O'keefe is still here, 4 CMs aswell as Mark Harris just isn't enough for the season, we need more so we can rotate as no doubt players will get tired and injured throughout the season, we also need more creativity now thats Whitts has gone. As we all now gunnar and ralls are the guys to pick out a 30 yarder through ball, obviously im not saying find someone that can do that but we definitely need a 'number 7' if you like.

Ward is a great signing but seeing as Healey is injured until late this year and Fred, Lambert and Saadi all seem to be out of Warnocks plans we still need another goalscorer if god forbid the worst happens and our main man Zohore gets an injury we are going to need someone who can be relied on to help out Ward.

My personal view of things anyways.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:27 pm

I think we need more then 3 players personally

Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:46 pm

Think we need to remember as last season there are no emergency loans.
What we have at the end of the transfer window is what we have to make do with until January 18.
Lots more coming and going hopefully with noone and pilks next to go after huws.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Defo need:
Attacking central midfielder
Fast Winger
An out and out striker.

These 3 Need to be proven quality players.

Would not be at all surprised if Ledley were to return and Gunner, as implied by Warnock, to be played in a more advanced position. Whatever happens we must not play Bamba in midfield. He's too slow and needs to play at the back.

Not sure what formation Warnock will play but a back 3 of Manga, Bamba and Connolly would be good.

I know if wont happen but if we had Campbell his pace and work ethic allied to Zahora's would terrify the opposition.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Worth noting that he doesn't say that he only wants three more players.

He says three more players before the friendlies begin.

I would suggest we will have five or six more signings yet, just a hunch I have. We do have that £16m to spend, after all...

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Most have gone on their hols - NW Out there getting his work done :thumbup: