Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Idriss Saadi

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:46 pm

It seems to me that a lot of people have written this guy off - he was hampered with injuries in his first season with us, had a very good season on loan to rediscover himself.

When he did play for us he looked more than handy but never got a decent run of games, so why have we written him off?
I personally think he'll be right up Warnocks street and as before may even save him a few million quid, plus the prospect of linking him with Zohore OR Ward must be mouthwatering

Re: Idriss Saadi

Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Really?!

No opinions at all

Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:16 pm

I think you'll find most people agree with you and were keen to give him a go but have accepted that the club/nw don't want him.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:Really?!

No opinions at all

There's been no end of posts on this topic.
It's been done to death.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:35 pm

In my view, given his performances in Belgium this season it would be crazy not to at least give him a run out pre-season to have a good look at him.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Man of Harlech wrote:In my view, given his performances in Belgium this season it would be crazy not to at least give him a run out pre-season to have a good look at him.

No harm in giving him a chance. We've got nothing to lose.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:36 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Man of Harlech wrote:In my view, given his performances in Belgium this season it would be crazy not to at least give him a run out pre-season to have a good look at him.

Steve, Saadi has NO future at Cardiff City Football Club for reasons partly beyond football and the decision to get rid (even on loan) was made some time ago, as mentioned in so many threads prior to this one

Neil Warnock has accepted the situation, which is why you don't hear Saadi mentioned too much when he refers to 'loanees' at other clubs

O'Keefe is another who will be out the door shortly but that is down to Warnock; or (as some might argue after his tirade at Crystal Palace) actually down to O'Keefe himself!

A few others being gently edged towards the exit door in coming days/weeks and hopefully Warnock's persuasive tongue will convince them they need to go play somewheres else! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:10 am

Sven wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Steve, Saadi has NO future at Cardiff City Football Club for reasons partly beyond football and the decision to get rid (even on loan) was made some time ago, as mentioned in so many threads prior to this one

Neil Warnock has accepted the situation, which is why you don't hear Saadi mentions too much when he refers to 'loanees' at other clubs

O'Keefe is another who will be out the door shortly but that is down to Warnock; or (as some might argue after his tirade at Crystal Palace) actually down to O'Keefe himself!

A few others being gently edged towards the exit door in coming days/weeks and hopefully Warnock's persuasive tongue will convince them they need to go play somewheres else! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Spot on Chris. And Lambert is the latest to be 'convinced' he needs to play elsewhere.
:thumbup:

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:18 am

Sven wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Neil Warnock has accepted the situation, which is why you don't hear Saadi mentions too much when he refers to 'loanees' at other clubs

I was wondering if there was more to Saadi not playing for us than just lack of ability. He seems to be doing well out on loan, and looks as if he may have something about him. Being overlooked here for so long got me thinking I probably don't know what else has gone on in the background. He does'nt appear to have a future here that's for sure

Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:11 am

I hope Warnock at least has a look at him in pre-season. Make his own judgement and then go from there. It's certainly nothing to lose from our end!

Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:24 am

BlakeCCFC wrote:I hope Warnock at least has a look at him in pre-season. Make his own judgement and then go from there. It's certainly nothing to lose from our end!

If you read the above that isn't going to happen on the grounds that Saadi has crossed a line with an off the pitch issue. Reading between the lines it seems what he is alleged to have done was quite serious and sometimes there is no going back as a result.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:35 am

What's he meant of done? Surely a new manager and fresh chance? He's the type of player Warnock likes after all???

It's lunacy to think that they want a fee but won't even play him in preseason to show any potential to buyers?? Plus he was sent on loan to a Tan company - if they didn't want him in the company then surely he'd have been sent to another company and be someone else's problem if it were that bad?? So can't be board related maybe player related??

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:00 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
BlakeCCFC wrote:I hope Warnock at least has a look at him in pre-season. Make his own judgement and then go from there. It's certainly nothing to lose from our end!

If you read the above that isn't going to happen on the grounds that Saadi has crossed a line with an off the pitch issue. Reading between the lines it seems what he is alleged to have done was quite serious and sometimes there is no going back as a result.

Ahh just seen, I just posted without reading. Sad we won't see what he could've been, but I suppose dealing with the off the field stuff takes precedent!

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:23 am

dont understand the endless threads about..lets give him a new reduced contract and a coaching role...hasnt been given a chance..Warnock can sort him out type posts...on various players when its crystal clear the manager has decided he does not want them.
for us to have any chance of having a decent season we must trust NW 100% .
after all its his neck will be on the line if it goes wrong .

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:21 pm

dogfound wrote:dont understand the endless threads about..lets give him a new reduced contract and a coaching role...hasnt been given a chance..Warnock can sort him out type posts...on various players when its crystal clear the manager has decided he does not want them.

I'm with you on most of that (and assume you were referring to Whitts with the 'coaching role' comment?) but be clear that Neil Warnock didn't decide Saadi's future; that was decided well before he arrived. However, he was informed of the reasons and accepted them; hence the lack of comment from him on the subject! ;)

I think the perpetual threads on the same old subjects aren't helpful but I can sort of understand given the lack of outright statement from the club (which won't occur even once Saadi has permanently departed) ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm really hoping Warnock likes him he is class :king:

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:58 pm

dogfound wrote:dont understand the endless threads about..lets give him a new reduced contract and a coaching role...hasnt been given a chance..Warnock can sort him out type posts...on various players when its crystal clear the manager has decided he does not want them.

My biggest annoyance and not just this guys but a lot of players like Huws, Okeefe etc is "lets give him a try, what we got to lose" Well if Warnock doesn't want him then he will basically be rotting away and not getting game time. It will also mean we have potentially lost out on a fee for a player and paying a wage on a player who is not wanted and most likely stopping us bringing in another player who the manager wants and will use. :old:

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:28 pm

The club not wanting him anymore might have something to do with him live streaming while he was training and on away trips with the team, maybe against club policy to do stuff like that, im not sure but I know he did use to stream on twitter, periscope I think it was called, while he was at the club.

Not sure if thats the reason why or if there is something more serious than that, seems a bit petty if that is the reason but what's done is done and unfortunately he will be moving on from the looks of things.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

My biggest annoyance and not just this guys but a lot of players like Huws, Okeefe etc is "lets give him a try, what we got to lose" Well if Warnock doesn't want him then he will basically be rotting away and not getting game time. It will also mean we have potentially lost out on a fee for a player and paying a wage on a player who is not wanted and most likely stopping us bringing in another player who the manager wants and will use. :old:

yes agree..my post was not just about Saadi.its was about all those mentioned by you.
i liked Huws,loved Whitts but am glad they are gone because now our manager who doesnt rate them now has more funds to strengthen.
ignorring what sven said { not that i dont believe him } why would anyone want to keep Saadi instead of the manager having a player that he REALLY wants..?

Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:46 pm

I'm still none the wiser to what he's done seems to be hear say??
And plenty of players stream at clubs, rugby players are constantly doing it, I've seen LOADS of streams from other players at other clubs- why would ANYONE be discarded for streaming?!
And as for not being Warnocks player - none of the players he inherited were his players how do you know Warnock doesn't want him? He's brought the best out of a rubbish Zohore what's to say he wouldn't do the same if not better with Saadi?!

It's totally baffling me that that's the consensus of fans here, but then I don't know what's happened!

OKeefe is well documented they don't get on, how's I think he'd of liked but couldn't get through to him, and the other guys loaned out or bummed we had better players - I'm sure he looked at Immers and thought no thanks the guys heart isn't in it.

Not only that but he seems to have a fair influence in the club already and I'm sure if Warnock did want him then keeping him wouldn't be a problem.

But as I said I don't get what he's done and if it's terrible like he's murdered a dog and dragged it through the car park I can understand - but to just be streaming or media posting life events at the club seems to be a ridiculous notion

Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:I'm still none the wiser to what he's done seems to be hear say??
And plenty of players stream at clubs, rugby players are constantly doing it, I've seen LOADS of streams from other players at other clubs- why would ANYONE be discarded for streaming?!
And as for not being Warnocks player - none of the players he inherited were his players how do you know Warnock doesn't want him? He's brought the best out of a rubbish Zohore what's to say he wouldn't do the same if not better with Saadi?!

It's totally baffling me that that's the consensus of fans here, but then I don't know what's happened!

OKeefe is well documented they don't get on, how's I think he'd of liked but couldn't get through to him, and the other guys loaned out or bummed we had better players - I'm sure he looked at Immers and thought no thanks the guys heart isn't in it.

Not only that but he seems to have a fair influence in the club already and I'm sure if Warnock did want him then keeping him wouldn't be a problem.

But as I said I don't get what he's done and if it's terrible like he's murdered a dog and dragged it through the car park I can understand - but to just be streaming or media posting life events at the club seems to be a ridiculous notion

Polite question...What's 'streaming'? Is it an internet thing where a player says too much?? :? :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:33 pm

3 managers have not been interested
2 have sent him on loan and the 3rd has hinted he would like to sell him.

the player has done ok in sub standard leagues..played 20 minutes for us.and so far attracted zero offersfrom other clubs
yet some of our fans think he is the next Messi..

proper dont get it.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:31 pm

dogfound wrote:3 managers have not been interested
2 have sent him on loan and the 3rd has hinted he would like to sell him.

the player has done ok in sub standard leagues..played 20 minutes for us.and so far attracted zero offersfrom other clubs
yet some of our fans think he is the next Messi..

proper dont get it.

From my point of view I have no idea if he could have been a success at this level. I know a lot of people on here appear to think he has something, and he has scored some good goals, although as you say at a lower standard than Championship football. I guess we will never know unless another Championship club takes a gamble with him. I thought it was a bit strange to sign him and then not give him the opportunity to prove himself, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:03 am

My issue is we've had worse strikers turn up and take a wage at least this guys scored a few, also in regards to managers - Slade was out of his depth and he ended up bringing in two worse strikers that soon wandered off, can you really call trolls a manager? And Warnock hadn't even met the lad

So what did he do / third time asking and nobody can tell me