" Gunnarsson Ready To Discuss New Deal "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby norms76 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:19 pm

IMG_1877.JPG
IMG_1877.JPG (54.77 KiB) Viewed 4635 times

Several clubs have been linked with move for the Iceland international, but the midfielder is ready to discuss a deal to extend his stay with the Bluebirds

Aron Gunnarsson is not looking to quit Cardiff City – and is ready to discuss a new Bluebirds deal.

The Iceland star was one of the success stories of last season under manager Neil Warnock with his form seeing him pick up the club’s player of the year prizes.

And it has seen him linked with moves abroad this summer, with Israeli giants Maccabi Tel Aviv reportedly prepared to offer him a big wage bump to link up with Jordi Cruyff’s side, while Polish champions Legia Warsaw are also said to have a firm interest in 28-year-old.

Cardiff are not thought to be considering selling Gunnarsson, who has one year left on his current contract, with Bluebirds boss Warnock having praised the performances of a player he calls his ‘Viking warrior’.

And now the long-term representative of the Euro 2016 hero has denied there have been talks with foreign clubs about potential deals – and that Gunnarsson remains happy in South Wales.

Agent Jerry de Koning told WalesOnline that there had been no discussions with the clubs mentioned about Gunnarsson and that the midfielder was looking forward to the new season, adding: “He is very happy at the club.”

However, he admitted there have yet to be any talks about a new contract at Cardiff.

Gunnarsson, who is currently on honeymoon following his recent wedding in Reykjavik, joined the Bluebirds on a Bosman from Coventry six years ago, the departure of Peter Whittingham this summer making him the club’s longest serving player.

He penned his last contract in June 2015 that ties him to Cardiff City Stadium until next summer.

Cardiff have already begun talks with Sol Bamba, who also has 12 months left on his deal, while agreeing an extension for Lee Peltier.

And Gunnarsson would be open to starting similar talks when he returns to South Wales ahead of pre-season, with de Koning saying: “We will see what happens with it. No-one has spoken about it yet, but it is early and people are on holiday.”

Gunnarsson has made close to 250 appearances for Cardiff, scoring twice last season with Warnock admitting he was hoping to see the 70-cap international have a more advanced role next term as the club seek a push towards the play-offs.
norms76

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Gunnarsson Ready To Discuss New Deal

Postby pengamblue » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Warnock,Warnock sort it out. BLOOBIRDS
pengamblue

Re: " Gunnarsson Ready To Discuss New Deal "

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Of course he is.
Was never going to live in Israel or Poland!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:44 pm

That is good news.

I've been critical of Gunnarsson in the past, but Warnock brought him back to his best.

Need to keep our best players. Him, Bamba and Zohore stood out last season.

Bamba and Gunnarsson are discussing new contracts, while Zohore has already signed his :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Sat in the airport

Norms, that's brilliant news, my fav player :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby City Slicker » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:02 pm

He's Mr Cardiff City, he's not going anywhere :ayatollah:
City Slicker

Postby caerblue » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:34 pm

If the right offer comes in,and they offer him higher wages,he ll be gone,sad facts of life is money talks
caerblue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:00 pm

Good News - Hope this is sorted out soon :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby TAP_Sheep » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:18 pm

How could WOL possibly know this when he's currently in the Maldives???
TAP_Sheep

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:29 pm

caerblue wrote:If the right offer comes in,and they offer him higher wages,he ll be gone,sad facts of life is money talks

Of course he would.
There would be none of this Mr. Cardiff City then. Personally I'm sure he'll stay.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby caerblue » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:34 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
caerblue wrote:If the right offer comes in,and they offer him higher wages,he ll be gone,sad facts of life is money talks

Of course he would.
There would be none of this Mr. Cardiff City then. Personally I'm sure he'll stay.

Time will tell,already been said,there might be a few big names leaving
caerblue

Postby brickyblue » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:51 pm

Hope he stays with us seems a no brainer to sort a deal out .
I think the players have to now realise the big wage days are over so as long as key players no that I can't see a problem.

There's always other clubs willing to pay more which is worrying but I think players can see the bigger picture on what Warnock is all about .
Let's hope common sense provals and gunna stays
brickyblue

Postby Cityblues » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:26 pm

I was sat next to his Mrs (lucky me) last season when we played AV at Villa Park. We talked a lot about the Euro's in France and I also remember her telling me how much they loved living in South Wales (Porthcawl way I think) and had no intention to move away. But as we all know, money talks!
Cityblues

Postby dogfound » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:14 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:That is good news.

I've been critical of Gunnarsson in the past, but Warnock brought him back to his best.

Need to keep our best players. Him, Bamba and Zohore stood out last season.

Bamba and Gunnarsson are discussing new contracts, while Zohore has already signed his :thumbright:

it does say 3 times in the article that the club have had no discussions with them. but have extended other players contracts.
not sure this is news because its been widely reported that he is happy here . this could change depending on what offer if any is made to extend as i doubt it will be favourable compared to his current contract.
or good news as there have been no talks.
possibly his agent just stirring the pot to see how serious we are about keeping him long term...?
dogfound

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:53 am

Huws is on relatively less wages than everyone else. Would love him to stay and be given a chance (if I haven't already drilled that into everyone's skulls), but if we are going to sell him, and no price is matching, another loan deal wouldn't be a bad idea.
MarshfieldIsBlue

Postby Reza » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:22 pm

sign him up on a 4 yr deal give him the armband and everyone is happy
Always be blue
Reza

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:32 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:Huws is on relatively less wages than everyone else. Would love him to stay and be given a chance (if I haven't already drilled that into everyone's skulls), but if we are going to sell him, and no price is matching, another loan deal wouldn't be a bad idea.

huws?
dogfound

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:35 pm

dogfound wrote:
MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:Huws is on relatively less wages than everyone else. Would love him to stay and be given a chance (if I haven't already drilled that into everyone's skulls), but if we are going to sell him, and no price is matching, another loan deal wouldn't be a bad idea.

huws?

Wrong thread!!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:36 pm

Reza wrote:sign him up on a 4 yr deal give him the armband and everyone is happy

we are in the process of reducing the wage bill though..at least thats how i see it.
and i would also assume that Gunner is on a good contract.
dogfound

Postby Blue_Barber » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:07 pm

I think if they offload the deadwood on big £ then they would wasily give him a higher wage and still save on the wage bill
Blue_Barber

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:59 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:How could WOL possibly know this when he's currently in the Maldives???

His Instagram maybe?
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:13 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:How could WOL possibly know this when he's currently in the Maldives???

have you read the article.?
dogfound

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:30 am

dogfound wrote:

have you read the article.?

:lol: good point!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat