£5.96p each per game to watch City,brill value

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby grange_end1927 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:44 am

I was just looking at the info for the family ticket. £549 for two adults and two kids, that works out at £5.96 each per game. That's tremendous value, there can't be many clubs in the whole football league that do a better deal.

Anyone know how many sold?
grange_end1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: £5.96p each per game to watch City,brill value

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:32 am

I don't know but it was embarrassingly empty last season.
I hope it improves this year and those prices can't be faulted.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:17 am

Performances and results are what's needed now.

Off the pitch the club have come on leaps and bounds

In order to get back the lost 'feel good factor' we need some excitement on the pitch.

Signs in the 2nd half of last season it was coming back, so fingers' crossed
Lawnmower

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:37 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I don't know but it was embarrassingly empty last season.

It's been empty for years wonder why they dedicate an area for families? why not let kids anywhere in ground with same deal! Then perhaps ground will look and sound better?
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:44 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I don't know but it was embarrassingly empty last season.

Paul, it was quiet in there last season and I guess sales will always be guided by our club's League position, as I know quite a few families who didn't buy last season and were 50/50 the year before

During the season (particularly during Paul Trollope's tenure) a lot of Family Members stopped attending because of results and/or the way the team were performing. I'm sure we all know what it can be like when kids get bored or disinterested! ;)

It's been the same in recent times for other season ticket holders, too. There are many I've spoken to who either stopped attending or became more selective in the games they attend. Indeed, several I know have not bought a season ticket this year on the premise that they won't have a problem getting a ticket for the few games they are likely to attend

Sadly, a consequence of the apparent 'slide' the club has had in recent seasons but (IMHO) not really fair on Neil Warnock, his coaching staffs and players who pulled things around last season and have given us h'hope' for this season to come

A good OP from 'grange_end1927' and I agree that it is tremendous value for money at those prices! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Jules » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:17 am

And when they start drifting back they will be labelled as 'plastics' and 'glory hunters' by some. :laughing5: :wave:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby RV Casual » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:22 am

You can't fault the Club for trying fair play.

Whats the criteria? For example, if me and my brother bought season tickets and took his kid we would be paying £274 plus his kid would go for free, which would be £25 cheaper for each of us than paying £299 in the Canton and we would then also have a spare kids ST for friends etc.

Would that be allowed?
RV Casual

Postby Sven » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:54 am

Jules wrote:And when they start drifting back they will be labelled as 'plastics' and 'glory hunters' by some. :laughing5: :wave:

Jules, sadly it's a 'no win' situation whatever they do (club and fans) sometimes! :(

The modern fan 'demands' entertainment (in football that seems to equate solely to winning) and the clubs have to 'manage' their budgets and hope that the manager in situ can do the business. Thankfully, in Neil Warnock we have a manager who knows his stuff on a budget! :thumbup: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Colonel Cardiffi » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:56 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:I was just looking at the info for the family ticket. £549 for two adults and two kids, that works out at £5.96 each per game. That's tremendous value, there can't be many clubs in the whole football league that do a better deal.

Pinching a post from the CCMB is bad enough but at least change a few of the words. :lol:
Colonel Cardiffi

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:01 am

Colonel Cardiffi wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:I was just looking at the info for the family ticket. £549 for two adults and two kids, that works out at £5.96 each per game. That's tremendous value, there can't be many clubs in the whole football league that do a better deal.

Pinching a post from the CCMB is bad enough but at least change a few of the words. :lol:

the poster on CCMB was actually making the point that this very good deal is not widely known , and not enough is done to put it out there. he goes on to say that just by telling a few people that didnt know they have bought STs.
surely the reason he made the post in the first place was to encourage people to spread the word ?
dogfound

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:05 am

Colonel Cardiffi wrote:

Now now, we are all Cardiff City fans.
MarshfieldIsBlue

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:23 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:
Colonel Cardiffi wrote:

i would understand these complaints if the posts copied were someones well thought out and well written match reports..or opinions on some aspect of the game or a player.
but this one is about ST prices
and the last was a poster actually thought no one on here was capable of figuring out if Swansea are home on a certain Saturday we will probably be away.
dogfound

Postby jon1959 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:51 pm

dogfound wrote:
MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:
Colonel Cardiffi wrote:

i would understand these complaints if the posts copied were someones well thought out and well written match reports..or opinions on some aspect of the game or a player.
and the last was a poster actually thought no one on here was capable of figuring out if Swansea are home on a certain Saturday we will probably be away.

I couldn't care less whether the posts grange_end1927 regularly steals (lifts, cuts and pastes, or however you want to describe it) from CCMB are rubbish or worthy of the Pulitzer Prize. It is dishonest to pass someone else's words off as your own - and it seems to be a compulsion he can't stop. Odd and disturbing. Most posters would provide a link or at least credit the original author.
jon1959

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:49 pm

jon1959 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:
Colonel Cardiffi wrote:

I couldn't care less whether the posts grange_end1927 regularly steals (lifts, cuts and pastes, or however you want to describe it) from CCMB are rubbish or worthy of the Pulitzer Prize. It is dishonest to pass someone else's words off as your own - and it seems to be a compulsion he can't stop. Odd and disturbing. Most posters would provide a link or at least credit the original author.

no..there is a difference....the price of STs ..and guessing we were away { honestly i had guessed it myself before it appeared on either board }.
is not plagiarism....and the poster on CCMB did not put any link up to the club prices.did he STEAL them ?.or is he the finance guy that decided on those prices.?

ive read shitpeas thread..its well intentioned towards our club. and clearly an attempt by him to get others to do likewise and increase awareness of a very good deal.
the complainer and yourself have obviously waited to pounce..have not given any thought as to the topic and are now coming across as being very petty .
dogfound

Postby DandoCCFC » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:24 pm

It's a shame really that it has come down to style of football or results that determines a 'supporters' commitment to getting a season ticket at the club, you can't be associated as a loyal or proper supporter of a club if the reason behind your commitment towards the club is results and good football, you follow the club no matter what.. I may have moaned about MM and his style towards the last year or so he had here but I didn't stop coming down and getting behind him and the team. :bluebird: :ayatollah:
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby jon1959 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:29 pm

Of course it's plagiarism. That is exactly what it is. He takes posts off CCMB and puts them on here as if they were his own. He does it all the time. I have commented on this bizarre behaviour before (not 'pounced') but it makes no difference. I think it's wrong and you don't, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.
jon1959

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:48 pm

jon1959 wrote:Of course it's plagiarism. That is exactly what it is. He takes posts off CCMB and puts them on here as if they were his own. He does it all the time. I have commented on this bizarre behaviour before (not 'pounced') but it makes no difference. I think it's wrong and you don't, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

i think i explained clearly enough.........but here goes again..
if an original ARTICLE has been pinched fair enough tou have a point..but we are talking here about a season ticket deal....plagiarism?
and lets be honest 99% of football posts on both ccmb and here seem to be taken from elsewhere including each other...
to POUNCE on this thread and consider it plagiarism when its about ST prices ..bloody hell
are we allowed to know about new signings.? or only if Mike has not posted it first.
dogfound

Postby jon1959 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:22 pm

dogfound wrote:
jon1959 wrote:Of course it's plagiarism. That is exactly what it is. He takes posts off CCMB and puts them on here as if they were his own. He does it all the time. I have commented on this bizarre behaviour before (not 'pounced') but it makes no difference. I think it's wrong and you don't, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

if an original ARTICLE has been pinched fair enough tou have a point..but we are talking here about a season ticket deal....plagiarism?
and lets be honest 99% of football posts on both ccmb and here seem to be taken from elsewhere including each other...
to POUNCE on this thread and consider it plagiarism when its about ST prices ..bloody hell
are we allowed to know about new signings.? or only if Mike has not posted it first.

Here goes again....

It is not about the subject matter. I'm glad that both boards are talking about ST prices and value. The issue is that he copies posts from CCMB word for word and passes them off as his own. That is all. That is the plagiarism.

If I felt inspired enough by one of your contributions to start a thread on CCMB or any other board, I would either provide a link to your post here, or would copy it and make clear it represents the wit and wisdom of dogfound. I wouldn't just post your words under my username and invite responses as if I was the author.

And lets be honest - 99% of football posts on here and CCMB are not lifted from somewhere else. That isn't giving your argument any credibility.

Anyway, I'm bored of this now. You carry on if you want to.
jon1959

Postby RV Casual » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:51 pm

Crikey, its the internet ffs. Who gives a shit if he took it from another board. Credit the author? Its a post about season tickets ffs, some people want to give their heads a shake
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:55 pm

jon1959 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Here goes again....

It is not about the subject matter. I'm glad that both boards are talking about ST prices and value. The issue is that he copies posts from CCMB word for word and passes them off as his own. That is all. That is the plagiarism.

If I felt inspired enough by one of your contributions to start a thread on CCMB or any other board, I would either provide a link to your post here, or would copy it and make clear it represents the wit and wisdom of dogfound. I wouldn't just post your words under my username and invite responses as if I was the author.

And lets be honest - 99% of football posts on here and CCMB are not lifted from somewhere else. That isn't giving your argument any credibility.

well you must be bored to nit pick over someone posting how good our ST prices are.
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:01 pm

dogfound wrote:
jon1959 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Here goes again....

well you must be bored to nit pick over someone posting how good our ST prices are.

and tbh if i was annoyed or upset about someone pinching a post of mine i would PM them.
not send in the heavy mob.
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:14 pm

RV Casual wrote:Crikey, its the internet ffs. Who gives a shit if he took it from another board. Credit the author? Its a post about season tickets ffs, some people want to give their heads a shake

Mr bored ..is so bored with this thread he has copied and pasted it on CCMB..
dogfound

Postby jon1959 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:40 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Crikey, its the internet ffs. Who gives a shit if he took it from another board. Credit the author? Its a post about season tickets ffs, some people want to give their heads a shake

Mr bored ..is so bored with this thread he has copied and pasted it on CCMB..

And I did it without stealing any posts, either. So did Barry when he linked to this thread earlier on. Proving it is possible to discuss ST prices, plagiarism and 'the heavy mob' across boards without being a serial cleptomaniac! :lol:
jon1959

Postby Jonsey Jones » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:11 pm

It's a great offer.

150 quid lower for 2 adults and 2 kids than the cheapest price in other parts of the ground.
Jonsey Jones

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Jonsey Jones wrote:It's a great offer.

150 quid lower for 2 adults and 2 kids than the cheapest price in other parts of the ground.

yes it is..and the more people that know about it the better..
be discrete if telling others though because the society of authors are having a purge on plagiarism.
dogfound

Postby Gaynor Straight » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:51 pm

And the great thing is that you don't even need to have kids to take them up on the offer.
If you and your mate in the Canton Stand and fed up of people in front of you standing up, just invent a couple of kids, buy a family ticket and enjoy the view.
Gaynor Straight

Return to General Chat