Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Cardiff City want £1,500,000 '

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Ipswich Town great urges club to act quick and sign Cardiff City's Emyr Huws

Saturday 24th June 2017

Former Ipswich Town striker Alex Mathie has urged the club to sign Emyr Huws from Cardiff City sooner rather than later.

The Bluebirds midfielder impressed on loan at Portman Road last season, scoring three times in 13 games and quickly becoming a fan favourite.

Ipswich are believed to be in the market for a central midfield player and have been linked with a permanent deal for Huws.

The 23-year-old is the fans' choice to make the switch to Mick McCarthy's side and Mathie believes Ipswich should make their move quickly.

“We need a central midfielder, no doubt,” said Mathie.

“We need someone who can create and score goals from midfield because that’s been missing for a while. We’ve not had that box-to-box energy since when? David Norris? Matty Holland?

“I think we all liked Emyr Huws, and it would be great to sign him, but that situation can’t drag on forever. Ipswich can’t wait and wait on him and risk missing out on other targets.”

Huws has two more years remaining on his Cardiff contract but only started one game before being farmed out on loan last term. It remains to be seen whether he has a role to play under Neil Warnock next season, following the exit of Peter Whittingham.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:32 pm

We're already looking for a pacy, creative midfielder which will cost money. Another £1 million or so will help that cause nicely. I'd say bite their hand off! :thumbup:

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:40 pm

City Slicker wrote:We're already looking for a pacy, creative midfielder which will cost money. Another £1 million or so will help that cause nicely. I'd say bite their hand off! :thumbup:

If they really want to give that much money, I say the same, bite their hands off :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
City Slicker wrote:We're already looking for a pacy, creative midfielder which will cost money. Another £1 million or so will help that cause nicely. I'd say bite their hand off! :thumbup:

If they really want to give that much money, I say the same, bite their hands off :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

my take on this was much the same as yours { just glad to get another big earner off our books even though id have liked him to have worked out for us } until i was told what clubs had been talking to him/his agent.
probably be one of those...undisclosed fees..which seem to happen more and more.which leaves us all guessing.
but its a pleasant change signing someone that doesnt work out..but we get most of our money back.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:42 pm

Selling Huws for £1.5m and buying Ward for £1.8m is excellent business :clap:

Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:36 pm

Astonishing how just how many posters are now claiming they were willing to give Zohore a chance pre-Wolves :? I can honestly say I can't remember ONE poster stating they thought he was worth persisting with :roll:

Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Same here we would be mad not taking the cash. If all these teams think he is so brilliant then they won't mind paying £1.5m plus a 20% sell on clause ;)

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:26 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Same here we would be mad not taking the cash. If all these teams think he is so brilliant then they won't mind paying £1.5m plus a 20% sell on clause ;)

dont think its a case of brilliant in Ipswichs case but more a case of already knowing what they are getting and him fitting in.
£1.5 mill isnt really that much money for a 1st team player . we have gambled that much many times on players that have done zilch for us.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:50 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

dont think its a case of brilliant in Ipswichs case but more a case of already knowing what they are getting and him fitting in.
£1.5 mill isnt really that much money for a 1st team player . we have gambled that much many times on players that have done zilch for us.

The 'brilliant' quote was a bit tongue in cheek as was the sell on clause but overall I agree £1.5m is not much for a first teamer and it would be nice to continue our run of selling on duffs onto other clubs rather than the recent norm of the other way around.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:02 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The 'brilliant' quote was a bit tongue in cheek as was the sell on clause but overall I agree £1.5m is not much for a first teamer and it would be nice to continue our run of selling on duffs onto other clubs rather than the recent norm of the other way around.

agree.its been 4 summers of poor business overpaying for the ones coming in and getting next to nothing or even paying out for the ones leaving...fingers crossed

Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:15 am

nubbsy wrote:Annis I think too many city fans have judged him too soon. Just ask Ipswich town fans what he's worth, and Chris Coleman!

How many games has he actually started for Wales? Let's face it, there's not much competition beyond the first eleven...I hardly think we can say Coleman rates him

Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:11 am

For me that is the minimum we should be looking to sell for. He could potentially turn out to be a very good player so to protect us we could always ask for a buy back clause at an agreed figure and or a sell on clause. Look at how much will Hughes has just been sold for 8 million.

Selling a player for more than what we paid could turn out to be a good bit of business by the transfer committee and that has been rarely said.

Annis - I think the Spanish sun has got to you. :lol: You complain about the transfer commute giving away players and in your earlier post you said you would be happy to take 250k for a player where we would take a hit and where he is wanted by a few clubs in potentially a bidding war - let's cash in but cover ourselves :thumbup:

Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:29 am

He would not be first choice,based on last seasons team selections, and he's at an age where he needs to be playing regularly. He's barely played for us, so we won't miss him. He looked good at Ipswich because the players around him were poor - look how bad Ipswich were without him when they came to our place.

£500k and a 10% sell on clause will do it for me.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:44 am

Well if he goes as now looks likely I would like to see him go with my best wishes as it's been a breath of fresh air to see someone take a pay cut just to play football and its a shame that some of the others on our books don't take a leaf out of his book.
At todays prices an International midfielder has to be worth 1.5m but as the saying goes 'you're only worth what someone will pay'
Good luck lad and please don't come back to haunt us which seems to be the norm :D

Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:16 am

All this keep him, sell him business - it's all horses for courses and not if he's good enough for us.
As with Whitts it's about the system and the TYPE of player Warnock wants not if some of us think he's pretty good. I'm sure we'll sell him.
As for what he's worth - he's worth what a team want to pay. If someone on here says he's worth 500,000 but Ipswich are willing to pay 1mill then that's what he's worth to them.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:22 am

llan bluebird wrote:He is a poor mans Whitts.

He is a stroller, get the ball, play a simple pass, make yourself available again , play a simple pass. He is weak in the tackle and generally languid. We just let the master leave for free !!!!!!

He is a year older than Joe Ralls (24 in sept) and played half the first team games. I would take £500k with loads of add ons and a chunk of any transfer fee in case he does discover himself.

This is all about horses for course and i just don't see him in Warnocks game plan.

We didn't let him go, He went !!

Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:20 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:All this keep him, sell him business - it's all horses for courses and not if he's good enough for us.
As with Whitts it's about the system and the TYPE of player Warnock wants not if some of us think he's pretty good. I'm sure we'll sell him.
As for what he's worth - he's worth what a team want to pay. If someone on here says he's worth 500,000 but Ipswich are willing to pay 1mill then that's what he's worth to them.

correct.
seems the club are for once in a strong position here with more than one club interested.
yet there are suggestions that we should ...hold out for less.??????????????

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:56 am

dogfound wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:All this keep him, sell him business - it's all horses for courses and not if he's good enough for us.

correct.
seems the club are for once in a strong position here with more than one club interested.
yet there are suggestions that we should ...hold out for less.??????????????

Great quote.. :lol: :lol: ..Thank F**k Warnock/Choo are in charge of transfers and not any of us on this forum!!!

Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:54 am

I don't think he's been given a chance by any of the management - he doesn't fit the defensive work horse position trolls wanted him to play, he was clearly unfit as he hadn't had any proper preseason - and when he eventually got fit we shipped him out and he had a standout second half of the season playing a similar role if not better than our former champion whitts - a lot will hang on what Warnock sees during the early part of preseason I wouldn't bet on him going or staying depends on how hughes comes back

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:28 pm

900k not a bad figure to get for him.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:57 am

As an Ipswich fan I will be over the moon if we sign him. He played as an attacking midfielder for us, had a great pass on him and was always on the move wanting the ball back. He is probably a confidence player as got better every game he played and having someone like Mick show belief in you was probably just what he needed. Sometimes a player just fits in and feels at home instantly and that's certainly how it looked with Huws. He also seems to be a really decent bloke which helps this day and age.

Let's hope he turns out better than a certain striker we bought off you a few years ago who to be honest was shocking on and off the pitch. Where is Chopra now?

Anyway all the best for the season. Warnock is a fantastic manager in the Mick mould; straight talking and honest. Let the teams with the big money work out how to juggle their millionaires and let's see how we both do. Good luck. Welsh parents means you're the next result I look for after ours.