Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CITY AFTER SENEGAL STAR CHIEKH N'DOYE ??

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:24 am

Cardiff City keen on Senegal star Cheikh N'Doye

John August

08/06/17

HITC Sport understands Cardiff are lining up a move for the Senegal star, who plays for Angers.

cheikh_ndoye_277436.jpg

Cheikh N’Doye celebrates scoring

Cardiff City are eyeing a move for Angers midfielder Cheikh N'Doye on a free transfer, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

N'Doye's contract at Angers ends this month and the all-action midfielder has yet to agree a new deal alerting clubs to his possible availability on a free transfer.

Angers are keen to keep hold of N'Doye, but they accept they will not be able to compete with offers from other clubs.

cheikh_ndoye_277463.jpg

Cheikh N’Doye: Impressed at Angers

N'Doye's performances in France have caught the eye of several Premier League clubs in the past, but now Cardiff are now hoping to lure the player to the Championship.

The 31-year-old helped Angers reach the French Cup final last season only to lose to Paris Saint Germain and they finished in 12th spot in Ligue 1 with N'Doye scoring seven goals in 37 appearances.

Cardiff have been busy in the transfer market so far this summer bringing in goalkeeper Neil Etheridge, winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and full-back Callum Paterson on free transfers and Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock is now planning a move for central midfielder N'Doye.

Warnock is keen to reshape his squad at the Cardiff City Stadium this summer and he sees N'Doye as a vital addition to his side as he looks to build a squad capable of challenging for promotion next season.
cardiff_manager_neil_warnock_358895.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CITY AFTER SENEGAL STAR CHIEKH N'DOYE ??

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:28 am

dont know an awful lot about him hes a big fella tho and good in the air, not sure why we would go for this 31yr old when ledley wants to come home is also on a free and younger, but if warnock wants him then we'll back him

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:03 pm

Reza wrote:dont know an awful lot about him hes a big fella tho and good in the air, not sure why we would go for this 31yr old when ledley wants to come home is also on a free and younger, but if warnock wants him then we'll back him

Would hope that this guy is just a backup incase we can't get Ledley back, but if this guy was a few years younger and is on a free then I would be happy to have, what looks like, a midfield powerhouse, but I've seen nothing of him really and I trust Warnock if he wants this player instead of Ledley.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:11 pm

Agent talk to me....... We aren't going to be one of the top payers anymore so we are just the stalking horse for other championship clubs.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:35 pm

In Warnock we trust bloobirds

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:50 pm

What's his top score on tetris?

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:06 pm

H ighly
I mprobable
T ransfer
C hat.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:15 pm

HITC know f**k all about f**k all.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:29 pm

Wayne S wrote:HITC know f**k all about f**k all.

much prefer the costa coffe / cardiff bay /howells school ..just seen a car in leckwith rd with the number plate MES 51. type rumours...
STICKY ffs

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:54 pm

dogfound wrote:

much prefer the costa coffe / cardiff bay /howells school ..just seen a car in leckwith rd with the number plate MES 51. type rumours...
STICKY ffs

I'm convince that, apart from the normal news that all feeds get I'm convinced their rumours come about due to football agents paying them to print them.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:29 pm

Agreed does this sound like Neil Warnock type of signing ???