Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING NEWS: CARDIFF CITY SIGN SCOTLAND INTERNATIONAL.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:10 pm

A good mate of mine is a hearts supporter and he says great things apparently good defending and good going forward plus has a very long throw too.

Happy with this signing

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:45 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:He passed a medical so I trust his injury problems are behind him.

Delighted with this signing and very happy with the previous two. We seem to be strengthening our squad in a very structured and pragmatic way filling the gaps and ensuring our squad is more pacey and mobile.

Also great that it's being done early as players can settle in sooner.

Another great move by the club.

Good post, yes not a scatter gun parachute, identify the positions we need, and steadily fill them, Warnock knows what he is doing, he'll give it a good go, money or not !!!

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:50 pm

CCFCburgh wrote:As a Hibs supporter I'm delighted he's gone as he always scores against us.

Played youth football with him and was the year above him in school. Very strong and pacy player who has a great goalscoring record for a right back. He got his break in the Scotland team which surprised some, but he did well and will be first choice right back when fit! A lot of players from Scotland don't make it down south due to physicality but that won't be an issue with Callum. Add that to his quality and I'm sure he'll be a good signing for the Bluebirds when fit!

Thanks for the info :thumbup: sounds good

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:56 pm

Sounds a good signing from what I'm reading, Warnock is doing good work nice and early, I expect a couple more signings before warnock starts preparing for the new season, next thing on the agenda needs to be a creative attacking midfielder.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:29 pm

Fantastic signing. Will be a real fans favourite, maybe the new Kevin McNaughton.

Welcome to Cardiff City, Callum Paterson :thumbright:

Delighted with this, I won't lie.... but then I was delighted with the signing of Rickie Lambert :lol:

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:49 pm

Excellent signing who I have no doubt has all the attributes to be a major success for us!

Can't wait to see him in a City shirt :bluebird:

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:55 pm

[attachment=0]IMG_2034.JPG[/A thing to watch out for with this guy is his celebrations apparently they are wild
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Welcome :bluescarf:

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:42 pm

Welcome to the club very highly rated up in Scotland can't wait to see him and a very good scoring record for a full back probably the Scottish Sergio Ramos. ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:53 pm

essexbees wrote:I have a Glasgow Rangers mate, a season ticket holder who reckons this lad is the best player in Scottish football, reckon I might have a bet on Cardiff for the play offs this year..

Saying he's the best player in Scottish football is certainly a big statement, but I wouldn't have expected your mate to have any Celtic players ahead of him. :D

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:06 pm

Warnock doesn't just sign anyone so expecting good things. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:33 am

I've been speaking to a very reliable colleague at our Edinburgh office and asked him about Paterson and his reply was:

"I am devastated that Paterson has gone. Easily our best player. We were second in the league at Christmas and he got injured for the season. We then only won 6 games and finished 5th. He was our top scorer…from right back! He’s fast, really strong, likes to get forward, got a great shot on him and he is the best Hearts player in the air I have ever seen. Wins every header in both boxes. I think if he can work on some of the defensive aspects of his game (learning to stand off an attacker rather than just going right through him every time) he can go on to be a top player. He also comes from the same village as me…Queensferry. So we used to see him a lot in Tesco! He got to know my eldest son and always made time to speak to him.

He played a couple of seasons for us as a centre forward just because of his ability in the air and strength, but he’s definitely more suited as a right back at the moment. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up being developed as a central defender though as he could play in there given the right coaching.

It’s the right time for a move for him as he clearly needs to move on to the next level. In my opinion, looking at the English transfer market, he is a £5-10m player. Every Hearts fan wishes him the best and will be looking out for him down in Cardiff. You might even see a few of us at the odd game."

It sounds as though we could have one hell of a player to have joined the Bluebirds!