Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Ledley coming back to Cardiff on a Free?

Wed May 24, 2017 10:59 am

Just been Tweeted this

Noremac Tuot‏ @NoremacTuot

@AnnisAbraham

Just bumped into Chris Ledley, father of Joe who I know very well. Ledley back on a free :thumbright:

Bought a home in Penarth recently wife moved in.

Re: Joe Ledley coming back to Cardiff on a Free?

Wed May 24, 2017 11:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:Just been Tweeted

@AnnisAbraham

Just bumped into Chris Ledley, father of Joe who I know very well. Ledley back on a free :thumbright:

:

better than Ralls, but 30? 31? and probably wages in excess of 20k a week. not sure its a good move.

Wed May 24, 2017 11:05 am

Is this genuine....or is it another Kuyt/Kalou?

Wed May 24, 2017 11:14 am

have his kids just been listed for next term?

i love ledley but not sure hes the right man but if he comes i'll not be complaining, better than what we got thats for sure

Wed May 24, 2017 11:16 am

Please NO :thumbup:

CARDIFF CITY the club that told us there still cost cutting then getting rid of players such as manga on there or there abouts the same money to be replaced by an aged ledley ...Madness if it come off :shock:

Wed May 24, 2017 11:22 am

Would be a brilliantlp signing! No problem if wages are high if he's a free. Warnock would love him.

Suppose the only slight concern is that he likes to sit deep, so with us having Gunnerson and ralls already we really need to be looking at a more forward thinking centre mid in my opinion. Someone like Craig Gardner would be perfect but we got no chance, just that's the kind of player I reckon we need

Wed May 24, 2017 11:23 am

Cracking signing on a free. Welcome home joe

Wed May 24, 2017 11:24 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=184654

;)

Wed May 24, 2017 11:36 am

Why are we expecting massive wages?

As he has already hit the heights of his career he knows that his high salary days are behind him and salaries from this point will be less.

He may have planned and saved for this moment. He may accept an even lower salary if he sees an advantage in also moving home.

This is what I am hoping from Bale in a few years time. :lol:

We seem to take it as read that all footballers are money grabbing and spend their money as they get it.

Wed May 24, 2017 11:46 am

Being on a free the contract is negotiable and given NW expertise in such matters I suspect Joe will be given a contract suitable to city if he is indeed wanted by NW . :thumbup:

Wed May 24, 2017 11:51 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:Please NO :thumbup:

CARDIFF CITY the club that told us there still cost cutting then getting rid of players such as manga on there or there abouts the same money to be replaced by an aged ledley ...Madness if it come off :shock:

How do you know what wages he would settle for??

Joe is a very, very wealthy man and probably wouldn't need big wages, might just be he would take a big pay cut to come back to live by his family and friends.

A 2 year contract with us on say 7k a week is not far short of a £million if you include bonuses...not to be sniffed at!!!

Wed May 24, 2017 11:53 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Joe is a very, very wealthy man and probably wouldn't need big wages, might just be he would take a big pay cut to come back to live by his family and friends.

A 2 year contract with us on say 7k a week is not far short of a £million if you include bonuses...not to be sniffed at!!!

lol hes not gonna take 7k a week

Wed May 24, 2017 11:59 am

@AnnisAbraham

I hope this is true. wouldnt mind 15k a week as he would be coming on a free. he's only a 60 minute man but we've got Joe Ralls / emyr Huws / Stuart Okeefe to come in as a sub.

Wed May 24, 2017 12:07 pm

Not bothered by this either way, best days clearly behind him, the fact he used to play for us doesn't mean anything to me, just hope his wages aren't to big.

Wed May 24, 2017 12:15 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Him accepted a lower wage is believable... But 7k that's just ridiculous.

Wed May 24, 2017 12:46 pm

We need pace that he has not got. We are going in the other direction with his signing. Zohore needs an early quick through ball as his form when Whittingham was not in the side shows.

StT.
<><

Wed May 24, 2017 12:57 pm

Can we get Gary Medel to buy a house in Penarth?

Wed May 24, 2017 1:04 pm

@AnnisAbraham

Hope not,want a more mobile and attack minded centre midfield player

Wed May 24, 2017 1:08 pm

Annis who is this? Some random or is he reliable.

Wed May 24, 2017 1:09 pm

I'd snap your hands off for Joe. Sure, he's we need a more attacking centre mid but him and Gunnar would be a superb base to build from. With those two shielding our already good back four, we'd have a hell of a platform. :ayatollah:

Wed May 24, 2017 1:12 pm

Slow, struggles to last 90 minutes, and way past his best. A big step backwards as far as I am concerned, but if Warnock thinks he can do the business, who am I to argue.

Wed May 24, 2017 1:14 pm

This would be a bad signing
If we want to get back to the premier league we want players who got some pace and last a full match
Whatever wages we pay him it will be too much
I would rather Charlie Adams or Dave Edwards any day
Sorry but signing Ledley would be a step backwards for us for a part time player
I would be very surprised if Warnock wanted him

Wed May 24, 2017 1:27 pm

djronnieb wrote:This would be a bad signing
If we want to get back to the premier league we want players who got some pace and last a full match
Sorry but signing Ledley would be a step backwards for us for a part time player

Who is this Charlie Adams guy you speak of?

Wed May 24, 2017 1:32 pm

djronnieb wrote:This would be a bad signing

I wouldn't be at all surprised,don't forget he brought in Halford!!

Wed May 24, 2017 2:48 pm

This would be a good signing, it wouldn't be like Earnie or Gabbs, he's still got plenty of football left in him. I'd love to see him in a City shirt again. Obviously he's not the quickest player, he never really was, but that's no reason not to sign him. Yes we need pace, but not in every position. And he may be 30 (hardly old!) but he's still got a great engine.

Wed May 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Experienced player,just hope it's not more silly money in wages.
Personally I would rather use the money on increasing mangas wage to keep him to stay.
Also he left under a cloud in my opinion,as the move to Celtic gave the club no money whatsoever.

Wed May 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Next season i see warnock wanting 2 holding midfielders in a 4231 or a 3412 so gunnarsson and ledley sitting will be a top quality pairing at championship level

Wed May 24, 2017 3:20 pm

As Joe Ledley is a free agent, we can afford to pay him high wages.

Well we have done with players like Rickie Lambert and Ben Amos oops :oops:

On a serious note, I have personally heard that Joe Ledley would come back if City went after him and I feel his ability and passion would be great for our club :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed May 24, 2017 3:30 pm

That`s outstanding news if true :occasion5:

Wed May 24, 2017 3:44 pm

For Wales I always hope we have Ledley, Allen and Ramsey playing. Without Ledley we don't quite function the same way.