' Matthew Kennedy? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Matthew Kennedy? '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 24, 2017 5:52 am

Will Matthew kennedy make the grade?

A player returning from a successful loan spell is Matthew Kennedy following a promotion-winning campaign with Plymouth Argyle.

Kennedy impressed Warnock during his short time with the veteran boss, but it was decided he was to spend time on loan to pick up regular playing time.

The winger has been very good, albeit in League Two, and Neil Warnock is a big fan of the Everton academy graduate.

Is he better than Junior Hoilett and Kadeem Harris? perhaps not, but he could still provide a good option for the Bluebirds next season.

Like many others, he will get his chance to impress during pre-season and he has a real shot of making it into the manager’s plans.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

' Matthew Kennedy? '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Matthew Kennedy? '

Postby paulh_85 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:30 am

Attitude appears to be his issue. Theres no doubt he has the talent to make a living as a footbaler, even if its not with us.

For ages many were desperate to see kadeem given a chance, and though he has flaws hes been ok for the first team this season. Id like to see kennedy given the same opportunity
paulh_85

Postby BlueDredd » Wed May 24, 2017 7:46 am

paulh_85 wrote:Attitude appears to be his issue. Theres no doubt he has the talent to make a living as a footbaler, even if its not with us.

For ages many were desperate to see kadeem given a chance, and though he has flaws hes been ok for the first team this season. Id like to see kennedy given the same opportunity

He seemed to be slow, and looked like he lacked ability at Cardiff. He had all the traits of a lad short of confidence, so I'd like to think coming back from a successful loan spell would see him at least good enough to be a useful sub :thumbup:
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Postby Bluebird1977 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:12 am

paulh_85 wrote:Attitude appears to be his issue. Theres no doubt he has the talent to make a living as a footbaler, even if its not with us.

how people can say " ATTITUDE" of any player i'll never know how do you know what its like, I get amazed at the amount of times people claim this or that player didn't have the rite attitude when in truth not one person on here knows that player or knows what his attitude is like :bluescarf:
give him a chance he showed signs before he was one of our best players for 3-4 games when he had a run then disappeared plus are we not cost cutting still so lower wages :bluescarf:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby paulh_85 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:28 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:

how people can say " ATTITUDE" of any player i'll never know how do you know what its like, I get amazed at the amount of times people claim this or that player didn't have the rite attitude when in truth not one person on here knows that player or knows what his attitude is like :bluescarf:
give him a chance he showed signs before he was one of our best players for 3-4 games when he had a run then disappeared plus are we not cost cutting still so lower wages :bluescarf:

i didnt claim to know him did i?

its widely reported that it is an issue and i did say "appears" didnt state it as fact :)
paulh_85

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed May 24, 2017 12:09 pm

He has looked decent most of the time ive seen him. No doubt we are bringing in at least 1 wide players we well. id like to see him given a chance, doubt his wages are very high, good squad option.
2blue2handle

Postby nubbsy » Wed May 24, 2017 12:16 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

i didnt claim to know him did i?

its widely reported that it is an issue and i did say "appears" didnt state it as fact :)

Not really widely reported either. One or two people came up with it on here and it the rumour caught like wildfire, we've got absolutely no evidence it's true.
nubbsy

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Wed May 24, 2017 3:38 pm

No, not good enough. Could loan him to Plymouth again but I reckon we'd be better off with a few quid on the back pocket for him
BrightBlueFuture

Postby KBK-13 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:22 pm

Big pre season coming up for him, I have always thought he looked good. I think he will replace Harris in the side this season
KBK-13

Postby TrueBlue99 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:51 am

Really couldn't understand what happened to Matty, Slade signed him he had a very decent half season with us in his first year and then next year he wasn't to be seen yet we still had the same manager in place, something might have changed Slades opinion of him or he did something the management didn't like maybe, I just thought that it was strange that he was playing all the time in his first season with us and has barely had a kick since.

Whether he was fairly or unfairly taken out of the squad, I believe now he deserves a chance with us as he has proven himself, albeit at two divisions down, he still had the drive to improve himself and show what he can do.

We have being saying we need a tricky wide player that can beat a man and deliver a cross, I've seen Kennedy do it numerous times. Ok Matty might not be the quickest but he is no slouch and tbh he is no worse than Nooney, who is very predictable unlike Matty.

Kennedy deserves a chance, I believe Warnock will give him one :thumbright: :ayatollah:
TrueBlue99

Return to General Chat