Have ccfc announced. The retained. List ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby pengamblue » Tue May 23, 2017 5:23 pm

Anyone heard ?
pengamblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Have ccfc announced. The retained. List ?

Postby paulh_85 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:32 am

i dont know the exact date, (guessing 31st may) but it definately wont be till the playoff final is done
paulh_85

Postby angelis1949 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:05 am

Am I missing something,what has the playoff final to do with our retain list
angelis1949

Postby paulh_85 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:06 am

angelis1949 wrote:Am I missing something,what has the playoff final to do with our retain list

because all clubs have a deadline to submit their retained list and its when the season has finished
paulh_85

Postby paulh_85 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:10 am

paulh_85 wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:Am I missing something,what has the playoff final to do with our retain list

because all clubs have a deadline to submit their retained list and its when the season has finished

65.2 Any Club wishing to re‑engage a Contract Player whose contract is due to expire on 30 June must, save as mentioned in Regulations 65.2.1 to 65.2.4 below, notify him in writing by the third Saturday in May in the final year of his contract whether or not they offer him terms of re‑engagement specifying (where applicable) such terms. Notification of the terms offered may only be deferred:
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx ... jE7OoHs.99

Found this, but im not sifting through all the rules lol. Section 65 seems to be the one though
paulh_85

Postby Sven » Wed May 24, 2017 11:30 am

I'm not too sure of the actual FL Rules on this but a few clubs (Swansea included) appear to have already announced who they are releasing at the end of their contracts, which usually finish on 31st May, so it appears a little confused as other clubs seem to be holding back for the moment

We know Neil Warnock had chats with his squad players around the Huddersfield game and the only public admission seems to be that Craig Noone will be on his way, despite him still being a contracted player for next season

It will be an interesting debate once released and over the summer itself as players (seemingly more than usual) come and go. Neil Warnock has already stated there will be a couple of surprises either way :ayatollah:

Example from BBC Sport web-site:

Emnes and Tremmel depart as Swansea City release eight players
From the section Football

Goalkeeper Gerhard Tremmel played a big part, including playing in the final, when Swansea City won the League Cup in 2013
Swansea City have released eight players including goalkeeper Gerhard Tremmel and Marvin Emnes.

Tremmel, 38, who joined the Swans from RB Salzburg in August 2010, made 52 senior appearances for the Welsh club, but saw action last season confined to the Football League Trophy.

Emnes had two loan spells before signing a deal in 2014. He made just nine Premier League starts for Swansea.

He scored four goals in 37 games on loan at Blackburn last season.

Liam Shephard, Josh Vickers, Owain Jones, Tom Dyson and Tom Holland will also leave the club, while Alex Samuel has agreed to join Stevenage.

Youngsters Causso Darame and Mael Davies have signed new deals while striker Jordan Garrick, goalkeeper Lewis Thomas and full-back Aaron Lewis, have all been offered extensions.
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pengamblue » Wed May 24, 2017 12:05 pm

Thanks for the info lads
pengamblue

Return to General Chat