Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: LABOUR SURGES AHEAD IN WALES

Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:36 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:Can't believe the level of people incapable of looking at cold hard fact in this thread

Labour went through 13 years in office and a global banking crisis and still put less on the national debt than the tories have done in 7 years, the Cameron and Osbourne cuts have put this country back 10
Years plus in growth. You cannot cut your way out of a global recession it's madness, increasing tax and curing public sector jobs in hard times is the dullest thing anyone could ever do after all those are the people who spend money in the economy.

Fact is tories failed to make the surplus they promised and have completely revised their plan on managing the public purse, you need economists in charge of fiscal policy not a moronic posh boy who probably can't even spell fiscal

2008 saw one of the biggest banking collapses in decades and labour steered through it with growth higher than most of Europe soon as they leave office in 2010 we have seen up until last year or so the worse growth rate in Europe and America who were tracking level roughly after the same crisis in 2010 surged heavily above us, why Obama has the bollocks to spend not restrict the public purse creating jobs and encouraging consumer spending therefore increasing tax revenues, our plebs went opposite and we now sit over £1 trillion worse off than we did in 2010 when labour left, quite how that's possible is astounding really ....

lol the deficit was astronomical though, so its no surprise that the national debt was going up

It was but if they've done such a good job as we seems to think then how have they put 1 trillion in the debt?

The maths don't add up 7 years £1 trillion even with high interest they claim there deficit year on year is lower than at any point under labour so how has ND gone up 1 trillion someone is lying or has not grasp of maths ....

well the debt has gone up in part because year on year the amount of money needed to borrow was greater than the amount of money coming in :? :?

its still the same now, but that figure has dropped dramatically, and guess what, for that to happen it means you need a tighter reign on spending

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:41 am

paulh_85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:Can't believe the level of people incapable of looking at cold hard fact in this thread

Labour went through 13 years in office and a global banking crisis and still put less on the national debt than the tories have done in 7 years, the Cameron and Osbourne cuts have put this country back 10
Years plus in growth. You cannot cut your way out of a global recession it's madness, increasing tax and curing public sector jobs in hard times is the dullest thing anyone could ever do after all those are the people who spend money in the economy.

Fact is tories failed to make the surplus they promised and have completely revised their plan on managing the public purse, you need economists in charge of fiscal policy not a moronic posh boy who probably can't even spell fiscal

2008 saw one of the biggest banking collapses in decades and labour steered through it with growth higher than most of Europe soon as they leave office in 2010 we have seen up until last year or so the worse growth rate in Europe and America who were tracking level roughly after the same crisis in 2010 surged heavily above us, why Obama has the bollocks to spend not restrict the public purse creating jobs and encouraging consumer spending therefore increasing tax revenues, our plebs went opposite and we now sit over £1 trillion worse off than we did in 2010 when labour left, quite how that's possible is astounding really ....

lol the deficit was astronomical though, so its no surprise that the national debt was going up

It was but if they've done such a good job as we seems to think then how have they put 1 trillion in the debt?

The maths don't add up 7 years £1 trillion even with high interest they claim there deficit year on year is lower than at any point under labour so how has ND gone up 1 trillion someone is lying or has not grasp of maths ....

well the debt has gone up in part because year on year the amount of money needed to borrow was greater than the amount of money coming in :? :?

its still the same now, but that figure has dropped dramatically, and guess what, for that to happen it means you need a tighter reign on spending

A very old argument there Paul.There is also the argument that you can invest and grow economy thus providing more revenue/tax receipts.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:28 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

A very old argument there Paul.There is also the argument that you can invest and grow economy thus providing more revenue/tax receipts.

but weve seen corporation tax hit record levels with the decrease in the %

at what point in the future will we see the benefit of the 9bn scrapping of tuition fees for example?

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:51 am

Sven wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Sven wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Wales has always been Labour Chief. Most only vote Labour here in the Valleys because it's traditional to do so.

You are spot on Sir. For all those who are voting Labour in Wales remember, Welsh Labour spent 9 million on a race track which could have been better spent on the Welsh NHS. :old:

Got to say Chief I do support the racetrack and think it will be fantastic for Wales. The Jobs it would create. The tourist side of it. I feel house prices could rise. It would regenerate the area and it could Deffo do with that. Wales would benefit greatly from this track but that is only my opinion Chief .

Totally agree with this

Me too! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sadly, one of the worst traits in modern society is that many people don't want anything that doesn't relate directly to them, in this case a motorcycle race track that would only serve to boost the economy of Wales and bring enjoyment to those who attended what is a pretty unique experience

Thankfully, there are some planners out there who see the 'value' of lots of things that I personally wouldn't support but would bring enjoyment to many others who would support ;) :ayatollah:

But we can't have it both ways, example the National Lido in Pontypridd who RCT taxpayers subside made a loss of 600k in 16 weeks of trading! A track will definitely generate jobs etc but you could also argue how often is it going to be used and at what cost? I have seen many posts relating to the NHS and the dire mess its in so I think its important for people to realise in Wales the NHS is devolved and the extra money the Labour party had through consequential payments from Westminster were spend on dead end projects and could have been used for the health service!! :thumbup:

Kate (and Steve Zodiak) I'm not disputing your comments on the Wales NHS and other things and wasn't aiming my comments at you directly. However, the simple facts are that there has to be 'other stuff' going on for people and there is also a gap in the UK market for a motorcycle-specific international motorcycle arena. Not only would it bring crowds but also local jobs in engineering, infrastructure and hospitality. Several firms have already said they will relocate to the area on practicality alone; much the same as many of the F1 teams are cluttered around Silverstone and its F1 specific track, which is not that good for top motorcycle events (and I'm a member there!)

All I am saying tis that if there is an opportunity to bring such positive things to Wales in any form, then they should be grasped and I think we'll find the main obstacle to the Ebbw Vale project is a difference how funding is acquired and the guaranteed so that WAG (and subsequently the Welsh tax payers) don't lose out, which is fair enough in my eyes :thumbup: :ayatollah:

How will someone living in Bangor, Wrexham any where else other than Rassau and the immediate surrounding areas benefit ? Wales as a whole needs investment and the Heads of the valleys is no exception but it's disingenuous to say that Wakes as a nation will benefit from a private enterprise which I imagine will have some WAG /our money thrown at it .