A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: LABOUR SURGES AHEAD IN WALES

Tue May 23, 2017 1:32 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:Oh I'm so pleased for you oh by the just in case your interested at least 19 people have been murdered by terrorists today

He supports terrorism.

yep..he has made that crystal clear over a period of time.
not the only one either.

So you're saying the Torie's have had no dealings with the IRA?... Only Jeremy Corbin, protesting for peace.

goverments HAVE to deal with all sorts of unsavoury scumbags .OBVIOUSLY DUH.. not the same thing is it.
didnt get much fish as a child.?

Course they do pal.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 26723.html

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/4 ... ory_bosom/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... servatives

Tell me more about the above. Then I suggest you nip off and poach yourself a nice haddock fillet. There's a good lad.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
unbelievable......and im reading too much crap ?

Tue May 23, 2017 1:49 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:Oh I'm so pleased for you oh by the just in case your interested at least 19 people have been murdered by terrorists today

He supports terrorism.

not the only one either.

So you're saying the Torie's have had no dealings with the IRA?... Only Jeremy Corbin, protesting for peace.

Corbyn didn't support peace he wanted a United ireland at any cost, he chose to support the IRA not the peaceful republican SDLP Alliance. He had nothing to do with peace and he should be jailed for treason along with fellow crackpots Abbott and McDonnell.

Tue May 23, 2017 1:56 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:

He supports terrorism.

not the only one either.

goverments HAVE to deal with all sorts of unsavoury scumbags .OBVIOUSLY DUH.. not the same thing is it.

Course they do pal.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 26723.html

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/4 ... ory_bosom/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... servatives

Tell me more about the above. Then I suggest you nip off and poach yourself a nice haddock fillet. There's a good lad.

Not sure what point your attempting to prove, if true both the Peer and Councillor should be expelled from the Conservative Party.
Do you agree terrorist loving Britain hating Corbyn along with Abbott and McDonnell should be expelled from the Labour Party?

Tue May 23, 2017 5:42 pm

dogfound wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:

He supports terrorism.

not the only one either.

I also forgot this one.. enjoy.

http://evolvepolitics.com/realise-curre ... ira-right/

Tue May 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Can't believe the level of people incapable of looking at cold hard fact in this thread

Labour went through 13 years in office and a global banking crisis and still put less on the national debt than the tories have done in 7 years, the Cameron and Osbourne cuts have put this country back 10
Years plus in growth. You cannot cut your way out of a global recession it's madness, increasing tax and curing public sector jobs in hard times is the dullest thing anyone could ever do after all those are the people who spend money in the economy.

Fact is tories failed to make the surplus they promised and have completely revised their plan on managing the public purse, you need economists in charge of fiscal policy not a moronic posh boy who probably can't even spell fiscal

2008 saw one of the biggest banking collapses in decades and labour steered through it with growth higher than most of Europe soon as they leave office in 2010 we have seen up until last year or so the worse growth rate in Europe and America who were tracking level roughly after the same crisis in 2010 surged heavily above us, why Obama has the bollocks to spend not restrict the public purse creating jobs and encouraging consumer spending therefore increasing tax revenues, our plebs went opposite and we now sit over £1 trillion worse off than we did in 2010 when labour left, quite how that's possible is astounding really ....

Tue May 23, 2017 10:26 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:

He supports terrorism.

not the only one either.

tbh mate she isnt on my council..is unlikely to ever effect my life.and id not vote for her if she were offering free blow jobs. scum.no matter what party
you on the other hand think youve uncovered the holy grail and it excuses you for wanting a human piece of shit as our prime minister.
funy thing ive seen him with placards and a megafone for a hundred different causes..
but never justice for the girls in rotherham or rochdale etc
in fact never pro British.
its like he scoures the shitholes of the world for new anti British things to demonstrate about.

Thu May 25, 2017 7:44 am

dogfound wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:

He supports terrorism.

not the only one either.

tbh mate she isnt on my council..is unlikely to ever effect my life.and id not vote for her if she were offering free blow jobs. scum.no matter what party
you on the other hand think youve uncovered the holy grail and it excuses you for wanting a human piece of shit as our prime minister.
funy thing ive seen him with placards and a megafone for a hundred different causes..
its like he scoures the shitholes of the world for new anti British things to demonstrate about.

He's so blinkered your wasting your time, he has absolutely no grasp of economics, in his mind if Corbyn was running the show our deficit would reduce and austerity would end. Our economy is in such a bad state economic migrants are flooding here :lol:

Thu May 25, 2017 8:30 am

Jock wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Jock wrote:

He supports terrorism.

not the only one either.

He's so blinkered your wasting your time, he has absolutely no grasp of economics, in his mind if Corbyn was running the show our deficit would reduce and austerity would end. Our economy is in such a bad state economic migrants are flooding here :lol:

Your quite right! The biggest problem with the Labour Party is they cannot count, they come up with these ideas like scrapping student fees without considering how to cover the cost!! The Labour Party has called the shots in Wales for years and look at the mess we are in, my village has a food bank and so do many others in RCT, people don't realise the NHS in Wales is devolved which means we have our own budget for it, the extra money we received under the consequential settlement the Labour Party spent on they're union friends in local government, who then prop up dead ducks like the Rhondda Heritage Park which lost £2mill in the last 5 years!! Why didn't they put this into the Welsh NHS??

Thu May 25, 2017 10:23 am

Why don't you all take a bit of time to read their manifestos? A lot of you are talking through your backsides.
I urge you to take a read and you can then make up your own minds without blabbing bullshit on this forum.
This a general statement as some of the posts are very good, but some are way off the mark.

Thu May 25, 2017 11:18 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Can't believe the level of people incapable of looking at cold hard fact in this thread

Labour went through 13 years in office and a global banking crisis and still put less on the national debt than the tories have done in 7 years, the Cameron and Osbourne cuts have put this country back 10
Years plus in growth. You cannot cut your way out of a global recession it's madness, increasing tax and curing public sector jobs in hard times is the dullest thing anyone could ever do after all those are the people who spend money in the economy.

Fact is tories failed to make the surplus they promised and have completely revised their plan on managing the public purse, you need economists in charge of fiscal policy not a moronic posh boy who probably can't even spell fiscal

2008 saw one of the biggest banking collapses in decades and labour steered through it with growth higher than most of Europe soon as they leave office in 2010 we have seen up until last year or so the worse growth rate in Europe and America who were tracking level roughly after the same crisis in 2010 surged heavily above us, why Obama has the bollocks to spend not restrict the public purse creating jobs and encouraging consumer spending therefore increasing tax revenues, our plebs went opposite and we now sit over £1 trillion worse off than we did in 2010 when labour left, quite how that's possible is astounding really ....

Excellent post. A vote for the Tories is a suicidal vote. They must be removed before they cause further damage. All they are interested in is taking from the lower and middle classes, and investing the wealth with their banker chums. Complete fools

Thu May 25, 2017 11:50 am

ffs wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:Can't believe the level of people incapable of looking at cold hard fact in this thread

Excellent post. A vote for the Tories is a suicidal vote. They must be removed before they cause further damage. All they are interested in is taking from the lower and middle classes, and investing the wealth with their banker chums. Complete fools

All very interesting, but who has been the ruling party in wales for the past 20 years.

Thu May 25, 2017 11:53 am

BlueDredd wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Wales has always been Labour Chief. Most only vote Labour here in the Valleys because it's traditional to do so.

You are spot on Sir. For all those who are voting Labour in Wales remember, Welsh Labour spent 9 million on a race track which could have been better spent on the Welsh NHS. :old:

Got to say Chief I do support the racetrack and think it will be fantastic for Wales. The Jobs it would create. The tourist side of it. I feel house prices could rise. It would regenerate the area and it could Deffo do with that. Wales would benefit greatly from this track but that is only my opinion Chief .

Totally agree with this

Me too! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sadly, one of the worst traits in modern society is that many people don't want anything that doesn't relate directly to them, in this case a motorcycle race track that would only serve to boost the economy of Wales and bring enjoyment to those who attended what is a pretty unique experience

Thankfully, there are some planners out there who see the 'value' of lots of things that I personally wouldn't support but would bring enjoyment to many others who would support ;) :ayatollah:

Thu May 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
ffs wrote:

Excellent post. A vote for the Tories is a suicidal vote. They must be removed before they cause further damage. All they are interested in is taking from the lower and middle classes, and investing the wealth with their banker chums. Complete tw*ts

All very interesting, but who has been the ruling party in wales for the past 20 years.

But why are you asking that :shock: :roll: The poster was simply making the point that the Tories aren't the safe economic hand they claim to be based on facts.

Economic policy is almost solely the province of the UK Government and, as a result, the Welsh Assembly only have the money allocated to them by the Tory Government. They can't set taxes, borrow money, or even prioritise to any great extent.

We can hold the Welsh Assembly to account for the Welsh NHS, Social Care, etc but even that is dependent on the size of the cake granted to them.It doesn't really matter what the Welsh Assembly want to do they can't make the cake any bigger only decide on the size of each piece.

Thu May 25, 2017 12:12 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
ffs wrote:

Excellent post. A vote for the Tories is a suicidal vote. They must be removed before they cause further damage. All they are interested in is taking from the lower and middle classes, and investing the wealth with their banker chums. Complete tw*ts

But why are you asking that :shock: :roll: The poster was simply making the point that the Tories aren't the safe economic hand they claim to be based on facts.

Economic policy is almost solely the province of the UK Government and, as a result, the Welsh Assembly only have the money allocated to them by the Tory Government. They can't set taxes, borrow money, or even prioritise to any great extent.

We can hold the Welsh Assembly to account for the Welsh NHS, Social Care, etc but even that is dependent on the size of the cake granted to them.It doesn't really matter what the Welsh Assembly want to do they can't make the cake any bigger only decide on the size of each piece.

But I don't hear tax, vat etc., as one of the major gripes. Everything that people regularly complain about are those things you have mentioned which have been devolved. Would the slice of the cake be any bigger under Labour considering the same formula is used by the treasury irrespective of whether it is Labour or Conservatives in power. We have complained constantly about our NHS, our ambulance sevices, education, various other local services, and these moans and groans have not just been since 2010.

Thu May 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:But I don't hear tax, vat etc., as one of the major gripes. Everything that people regularly complain about are those things you have mentioned which have been devolved. Would the slice of the cake be any bigger under Labour considering the same formula is used by the treasury irrespective of whether it is Labour or Conservatives in power. We have complained constantly about our NHS, our ambulance sevices, education, various other local services, and these moans and groans have not just been since 2010.

The ultimate test on the job Labour are doing is gauged by election results. As you pointed out they have come top for the past 20 years so must be doing something right.

Thu May 25, 2017 2:19 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:But I don't hear tax, vat etc., as one of the major gripes. Everything that people regularly complain about are those things you have mentioned which have been devolved. Would the slice of the cake be any bigger under Labour considering the same formula is used by the treasury irrespective of whether it is Labour or Conservatives in power. We have complained constantly about our NHS, our ambulance sevices, education, various other local services, and these moans and groans have not just been since 2010.

The ultimate test on the job Labour are doing is gauged by election results. As you pointed out they have come top for the past 20 years so must be doing something right.

Because I am very much an average person, neither rich nor poor, I don't think I will notice much change in my living standards whoever wins. In over 40 years of voting, I have never really noticed any big differences in whichever party is in power. I can guarantee that whoever wins, the poorer members of society will not become rich, people like me will plod along and will not get rich or poor, and the wealthy people will not become poverty stricken. Whether we have a Conservative government or a Labour one, we will still be complaining in 10 years time about the same things we are complaining about today. We are not immune from global influences, and there is only so much money in the pot that can be spread around. Anyone who thinks everything will be a bed of roses if Labour get in are deluding themselves, and the average person will see very little change even if the Conservatives lose. Exactly the same scenario in 5 years, anyone who thinks replacing a Labour government with a Tory or a Liberal one will result in great changes will be equally deluded.

Thu May 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Sven wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Wales has always been Labour Chief. Most only vote Labour here in the Valleys because it's traditional to do so.

You are spot on Sir. For all those who are voting Labour in Wales remember, Welsh Labour spent 9 million on a race track which could have been better spent on the Welsh NHS. :old:

Got to say Chief I do support the racetrack and think it will be fantastic for Wales. The Jobs it would create. The tourist side of it. I feel house prices could rise. It would regenerate the area and it could Deffo do with that. Wales would benefit greatly from this track but that is only my opinion Chief .

Totally agree with this

Sadly, one of the worst traits in modern society is that many people don't want anything that doesn't relate directly to them, in this case a motorcycle race track that would only serve to boost the economy of Wales and bring enjoyment to those who attended what is a pretty unique experience

Thankfully, there are some planners out there who see the 'value' of lots of things that I personally wouldn't support but would bring enjoyment to many others who would support ;) :ayatollah:

But we can't have it both ways, example the National Lido in Pontypridd who RCT taxpayers subside made a loss of 600k in 16 weeks of trading! A track will definitely generate jobs etc but you could also argue how often is it going to be used and at what cost? I have seen many posts relating to the NHS and the dire mess its in so I think its important for people to realise in Wales the NHS is devolved and the extra money the Labour party had through consequential payments from Westminster were spend on dead end projects and could have been used for the health service!! :thumbup:

Thu May 25, 2017 3:14 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Sven wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Totally agree with this

But we can't have it both ways, example the National Lido in Pontypridd who RCT taxpayers subside made a loss of 600k in 16 weeks of trading! A track will definitely generate jobs etc but you could also argue how often is it going to be used and at what cost? I have seen many posts relating to the NHS and the dire mess its in so I think its important for people to realise in Wales the NHS is devolved and the extra money the Labour party had through consequential payments from Westminster were spend on dead end projects and could have been used for the health service!! :thumbup:

I agree. there are established well known motor racing circuits in the UK who are struggling to make ends meet and to stay afloat. Personally, I can never see this project being completed. It may get started, but I don't believe that this will create any wealth other than to a small group of businessmen with their own interests being all important. Even if someone could get it built without going through the hoop half way through, how much use will it get through the course of a year. Silverstone is an established circuit which is losing money.

Thu May 25, 2017 4:00 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Sven wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Totally agree with this

Kate (and Steve Zodiak) I'm not disputing your comments on the Wales NHS and other things and wasn't aiming my comments at you directly. However, the simple facts are that there has to be 'other stuff' going on for people and there is also a gap in the UK market for a motorcycle-specific international motorcycle arena. Not only would it bring crowds but also local jobs in engineering, infrastructure and hospitality. Several firms have already said they will relocate to the area on practicality alone; much the same as many of the F1 teams are cluttered around Silverstone and its F1 specific track, which is not that good for top motorcycle events (and I'm a member there!)

All I am saying tis that if there is an opportunity to bring such positive things to Wales in any form, then they should be grasped and I think we'll find the main obstacle to the Ebbw Vale project is a difference how funding is acquired and the guaranteed so that WAG (and subsequently the Welsh tax payers) don't lose out, which is fair enough in my eyes :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thu May 25, 2017 10:09 pm

Labour support building nationally too. The Tory lead has been steadily eroding, from a high of 18-20 points, now down to just 5 according to this poll. As he's getting around the country, people are finally getting to see the real Jeremy Corbyn, not the one the murdoch press and Tory media machine like to portray, and they like what they see.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe ... html%3Famp

Fri May 26, 2017 7:51 pm

Sven wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Sven wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Totally agree with this

Kate (and Steve Zodiak) I'm not disputing your comments on the Wales NHS and other things and wasn't aiming my comments at you directly. However, the simple facts are that there has to be 'other stuff' going on for people and there is also a gap in the UK market for a motorcycle-specific international motorcycle arena. Not only would it bring crowds but also local jobs in engineering, infrastructure and hospitality. Several firms have already said they will relocate to the area on practicality alone; much the same as many of the F1 teams are cluttered around Silverstone and its F1 specific track, which is not that good for top motorcycle events (and I'm a member there!)

All I am saying tis that if there is an opportunity to bring such positive things to Wales in any form, then they should be grasped and I think we'll find the main obstacle to the Ebbw Vale project is a difference how funding is acquired and the guaranteed so that WAG (and subsequently the Welsh tax payers) don't lose out, which is fair enough in my eyes :thumbup: :ayatollah:

I realise your comments wasn't directly aimed at either of us, its not a problem to have a different view/opinion it makes the thread more interesting. :thumbup:

Fri May 26, 2017 9:39 pm

I'm realistic. I understand that a Labour win is unlikely, and I'm dreading another five long years of Tory austerity but I'm positive for the future. After the new Labour Tory lite experiment saw people leave them in their droves, now we have a genuine left wing party, and the young people are really enthused by having a genuine alternative to the tories who's number one priority is unashamedly to serve the wealthy.

Sun May 28, 2017 7:23 am

I don't think they will be as far ahead as they think.
Myself, wife, mother and 3 brothers all previously voted labour but now conservative and plenty of people I've visited have mentioned corbyns history etc.
How do they come to these figures and we've all seen how wrong they can be.

Sun May 28, 2017 7:28 am

Miller time wrote:I don't think they will be as far ahead as they think.
Myself, wife, mother and 3 brothers all previously voted labour but now conservative and plenty of people I've visited have mentioned corbyns history etc.
How do they come to these figures and we've all seen how wrong they can be.

Same with our family most voted ukip last time around and were labour before that this time its tories for us all

Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:43 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
ffs wrote:

Not sure what your intentions are here Steve, we may be devolved but our budget is set from Westminster...

Yes money has been wasted every government does, my point was the job they done as whole and how cutting services isn't the answer to a recession and never will be

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:46 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
ffs wrote:

Not sure what your intentions are here Steve, we may be devolved but our budget is set from Westminster...

Yes money has been wasted every government does, my point was the job they done as whole and how cutting services isn't the answer to a recession and never will be

I know, but one of my previous points was that the Welsh Government has always told us that they have had impossibly tight budgets to work with, and that has not just been when the Conservatives are in power. They have had their disagreements with the ruling Labour parties as well, and that was only to be expected as both parties work to the same formula. None of it matters in Wales, because one thing that is certain here is that Carwyn will be in charge again for another five years. I have no major problem with that because I am just a very average person, I have never noticed any massive difference to my life whoever is in power, and I doubt if I will during the rest of my lifetime either.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:21 am

lol the deficit was astronomical though, so its no surprise that the national debt was going up

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:05 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

lol the deficit was astronomical though, so its no surprise that the national debt was going up

The deficit has been com8ng d9wn year on year also do peo0le expect all debt from 2010 to be the tories ? The over spending and commitments of labour would take years to unravel so of course the national debt would go up massively imagine what it would be now if labour stayed in power i bet it would be of been a lot worse

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:49 pm

wez1927 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

The deficit has been com8ng d9wn year on year also do peo0le expect all debt from 2010 to be the tories ? The over spending and commitments of labour would take years to unravel so of course the national debt would go up massively imagine what it would be now if labour stayed in power i bet it would be of been a lot worse

Fantastic work they've done wez really brilliant managed to have a few billion less of a loss each year, real cracking stuff in doing so they have put our security and police into meltdown, almost underfunded the NHS to the point that we have no option but to privatise it(their plan all along), not content with that in 7 years they then rip up their entire fiscal policy saying oh yes by the way it didn't work and now are moving onto taking all your cash from your life savings and property to find your care oh and they will also take your kids dinners off them

Vote blue id rather sling my fish pasted smothered knackers in a pool of hungry piranhas

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:54 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

It was but if they've done such a good job as we seems to think then how have they put 1 trillion in the debt?

The maths don't add up 7 years £1 trillion even with high interest they claim there deficit year on year is lower than at any point under labour so how has ND gone up 1 trillion someone is lying or has not grasp of maths ....