Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Zohore the new Bothroyd, so we just need a Chopra...

Sat May 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Next season I see us really going at teams at home, 4-4-2 with KZ and possibly Danny Ward or another forward with serious pace.

Re: Zohore the new Bothroyd, so we just need a Chopra...

Sat May 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Zohore is nowhere near a Bothroyd.

The only think he has over Bothroyd is determination. Anything else he is a poor second. Saying that there were not many players in the league that could match Bothroyd. Hopefully Zohore now he has made his stance will develop and become a pretty close Bothroyd player next season.

Sat May 20, 2017 8:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Zohore is nowhere near a Bothroyd.

The only think he has over Bothroyd is determination. Anything else he is a poor second. Saying that there were not many players in the league that could match Bothroyd. Hopefully Zohore now he has made his stance will develop and become a pretty close Bothroyd player next season.

I doubt that Bothroyd can score a goal like Zohore did against Preston or that massively tight angle goal against Rotherham. :ayatollah:

Sat May 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

I doubt that Bothroyd can score a goal like Zohore did against Preston or that massively tight angle goal against Rotherham. :ayatollah:

Take it you were not at the QPR game?

Sat May 20, 2017 9:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Take it you were not at the QPR game?

That was a great goal but not as unique as those two I have just mentioned though.

Sat May 20, 2017 10:28 pm

different player different time, our fans are always looking at the past, what we used to ridicule English fans for.

If it's not Marshall, it's Mutch or Ledley or Campbell all players on inflated wages who have struggled the exact thing we are trying to get away from.

Warnock has a way though and I have faith in him to not waste wages on these type of players to please the fans. success will bring fans back not names.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:54 am

both great players
zohore can be far better than jay and unfortunately jay had many failures.

play off final when he wanted to go off

reading at home play off semis,ducking out of the challenge with their keeper.

Sun May 21, 2017 8:57 am

Jay in that one season was one of the best players I have witnessed in the shirt. Untouchable at.times...after England call up never the same.

Kz is not at that level but for me has all.the ingredients to be a far better and consistent player. He must not lose focus. Warnock won't allow it but the wrong manager for him might. I think he will be awesome next season. Needs a partner of pace and class

Sun May 21, 2017 4:12 pm

When bothroyd could be bothered he was great. But he was rarely consistent, even at Cardiff. His last year was his best scoring 18 goals but he'd scored 11 and 12 the two previous seasons in which he spend the majority of the time walking around head down or on his arse.

Ken is 23 and finished this season like a man possessed scoring 14 in half a season. If he continues like this he could far surpass boothroyds achievements for Cardiff city. He's got a better attitude and all the attributes to become a better player than Jay ever was.

Sun May 21, 2017 4:17 pm

ZOHORE MUCH BETTER THAN BOTHROYD
:notworthy:

Sun May 21, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm not saying he's at Jay's level (at his best) yet, but his link-up play has come on in leaps and strides and for me that was always Jay's best attribute, the way he brought others into play was terrific. KZ can fashion something out of nothing though which I've not seen from a City striker in my near 20 years supporting and score a completely individual goal. With a serious goalscorer like Chopra next to him we'll be able to blow teams away at home in the same way we did in the Jonesy era

Mon May 22, 2017 3:48 am

BrightBlueFuture wrote:I'm not saying he's at Jay's level (at his best) yet, but his link-up play has come on in leaps and strides and for me that was always Jay's best attribute, the way he brought others into play was terrific. KZ can fashion something out of nothing though which I've not seen from a City striker in my near 20 years supporting and score a completely individual goal. With a serious goalscorer like Chopra next to him we'll be able to blow teams away at home in the same way we did in the Jonesy era

Similar to blakey in some aspects too. Looking forward.to seeing him next season. Possible 20 goals

Mon May 22, 2017 11:51 pm

boyo1927 wrote:
BrightBlueFuture wrote:I'm not saying he's at Jay's level (at his best) yet, but his link-up play has come on in leaps and strides and for me that was always Jay's best attribute, the way he brought others into play was terrific. KZ can fashion something out of nothing though which I've not seen from a City striker in my near 20 years supporting and score a completely individual goal. With a serious goalscorer like Chopra next to him we'll be able to blow teams away at home in the same way we did in the Jonesy era

Similar to blakey in some aspects too. Looking forward.to seeing him next season. Possible 20 goals

Definitely at least 20 goals and possibly near 30.
This guy will be playing for Chelsea in a few seasons.
Let's enjoy him while we got him.
:bluebird:

Tue May 23, 2017 7:57 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Zohore is nowhere near a Bothroyd

You are quite right... Bothroyd spent more time with his ass on the pitch :lol: