Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Jacks stay up

Sun May 14, 2017 7:19 pm

They're just delaying the inevitable.

Sun May 14, 2017 7:20 pm

VincentTanOut wrote:They're just delaying the inevitable.

That's what I think to this season was a sign they're luck will run out just like with Wigan, Villa and now Sunderland.

Sun May 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

That's what I think to this season was a sign they're luck will run out just like with Wigan, Villa and now Sunderland.

Luck doesn't come into it. We be now had almost 250 back to back Premier League games, that doesn't happen by luck.

Sun May 14, 2017 7:56 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Luck doesn't come into it. We be now had almost 250 back to back Premier League games, that doesn't happen by luck.

How many did Wigan, Villa and Sunderland have then? don't think it matters how many premier league games you've had.

Sun May 14, 2017 8:15 pm

Well there are more than 3 worse teams than Swansea in the premier. Their off fields troubles caused them to be in a relegation battle.

Sun May 14, 2017 8:45 pm

They deserved to stay up. Sadly, there will now be NO protests about the take-over, which is sad no matter what team you support. Modern Football Is Rubbish.

Sun May 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

How many did Wigan, Villa and Sunderland have then? don't think it matters how many premier league games you've had.

I have no idea, none of them by luck whatever the number though which is the point.

Sun May 14, 2017 9:05 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:They deserved to stay up. Sadly, there will now be NO protests about the take-over, which is sad no matter what team you support. Modern Football Is Rubbish.

There is one planned for this weekend funnily enough. Although not at the takeover as such but the way the old shareholders handled it, some of which remain in positions of power against the will of the fans.

Sun May 14, 2017 9:22 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

I have no idea, none of them by luck whatever the number though which is the point.

You can not deny though that they were delaying the inevitable and hopefully its the case with you also. :D

Sun May 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

You can not deny though that they were delaying the inevitable and hopefully its the case with you also. :D

Nope. Villa have had a longer unbroken stay in the top flight than even Chelsea (at a quarter of a century in the Premier League since 1992). If you are good enough then you will stay there, there is no luck there is no inevitable - it's in your own hands year in year out.

Sun May 14, 2017 9:51 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Nope. Villa have had a longer unbroken stay in the top flight than even Chelsea (at a quarter of a century in the Premier League since 1992). If you are good enough then you will stay there, there is no luck there is no inevitable - it's in your own hands year in year out.

They were fighting relegation for a good few years as did Wigan and Sunderland if you lot continue to have the transfer windows you have been doing in the previous summers you will go down if Suggurdson and Llorente goes and go with cheap signings to replace them with because that's you're policy isn't it? buy cheap and sell on for a profit.

Sun May 14, 2017 9:55 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

They were fighting relegation for a good few years as did Wigan and Sunderland if you lot continue to have the transfer windows you have been doing in the previous summers you will go down if Suggurdson and Llorente goes and go with cheap signings to replace them with because that's you're policy isn't it? buy cheap and sell on for a profit.

If Man United have bad transfer windows and all their best players leave them then they will go down too eventually. It's hardly anything groundbreaking. Our last transfer window was phenomenal as it goes, Ayew, Carrol and Olson have been stunning acquisitions. We have been in the Premier League for almost a decade now, finished top 8, European knockout stages, won a major trophy, average finish of 11th, 24th highest earning club in the whole of Europe - I don't think it's been a struggle to be fair.

Sun May 14, 2017 10:06 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

If Man United have bad transfer windows and all their best players leave them then they will go down too eventually. It's hardly anything groundbreaking. Our last transfer window was phenomenal as it goes, Ayew, Carrol and Olson have been stunning acquisitions. We have been in the Premier League for almost a decade now, finished top 8, European knockout stages, won a major trophy, average finish of 11th, 24th highest earning club in the whole of Europe - I don't think it's been a struggle to be fair.

Man U are one richest clubs in the world absolute nuts you brought them in :lol: Yeah you did decent in Jan because you had to you were in a desperate situation but in previous the summers you have been poor and don't block out the overturn of managers you have gone through and probably more overturning to come which of course Villa and Sunderland did for a few years good for the short term survival but then long term you're back to square one when you're in another relegation battle.

Sun May 14, 2017 10:19 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Man U are one richest clubs in the world absolute nuts you brought them in :lol: Yeah you did decent in Jan because you had to you were in a desperate situation but in previous the summers you have been poor and don't block out the overturn of managers you have gone through and probably more overturning to come which of course Villa and Sunderland did for a few years good for the short term survival but then long term you're back to square one when you're in another relegation battle.

So are Chelsea but they found themselves down the bottom last Christmas. Pound coins can't score goals.

Your argument makes no sense, it seems based on things that haven't happened and aren't likey to. Why would we go through an array of managers? Clement has been superb and has all the attributes and pedigree to continue. Our transfer windows have been good enough to give us an 8th place finish and an average finish of 11th. I think you're being hopeful rather than accurate, which is fine, but it isn't conducive to an accurate and factual debate.

Sun May 14, 2017 10:35 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

So are Chelsea but they found themselves down the bottom last Christmas. Pound coins can't score goals.

Your argument makes no sense, it seems based on things that haven't happened and aren't likey to. Why would we go through an array of managers? Clement has been superb and has all the attributes and pedigree to continue. Our transfer windows have been good enough to give us an 8th place finish and an average finish of 11th. I think you're being hopeful rather than accurate, which is fine, but it isn't conducive to an accurate and factual debate.

I beg the differ what happened with Chelsea was a one off thing it was quality squad that down tooled to get a great manager sacked and I bet you thought Guidolin was superb yes he kept you up but you did you push on under him? no and wouldn't be surprised if the same happens with Clement just like it happened at Sunderland with Martin O Neil ,Poyet Dick Advocaat and so on you're summer transfer window business is questionable Sell Williams and replace him with a unknown rookie from Barnsley a 15 mill flop from Spain and the only good signing was Llorente and the rest were just cheap average players that didn't improve the squad that finished 12th.

Sun May 14, 2017 10:45 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

I beg the differ what happened with Chelsea was a one off thing it was quality squad that down tooled to get a great manager sacked and I bet you thought Guidolin was superb yes he kept you up but you did you push on under him? no and wouldn't be surprised if the same happens with Clement just like it happened at Sunderland with Martin O Neil ,Poyet Dick Advocaat and so on you're summer transfer window business is questionable Sell Williams and replace him with a unknown rookie from Barnsley a 15 mill flop from Spain and the only good signing was Llorente and the rest were just cheap average players that didn't improve the squad that finished 12th.

Guideline was average, he had a reputation of a fire extinguisher for smaller clubs, which is what he ultimately was. I don't think anybody expected longevity or success under him. Clement is a different animal.

Swapping an aging Williams for a future England captain prospect was one of the best deals we have ever done. He will be a superstar and will undoubtedly earn the club an absolute windfall. Borja didn't work out but that happens, neither did Torres and Chelsea. Leroy Fer was also a great acquisition and one of the shining lights of this season. I am afraid you are looking through Cardiff specs here. To suggest Mawson is not a good signing is sheer ridiculousness, he is a colossus and long may these kind of signings continue.

Sun May 14, 2017 10:50 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Guideline was average, he had a reputation of a fire extinguisher for smaller clubs, which is what he ultimately was. I don't think anybody expected longevity or success under him. Clement is a different animal.

Swapping an aging Williams for a future England captain prospect was one of the best deals we have ever done. He will be a superstar and will undoubtedly earn the club an absolute windfall. Borja didn't work out but that happens, neither did Torres and Chelsea. Leroy Fer was also a great acquisition and one of the shining lights of this season. I am afraid you are looking through Cardiff specs here. To suggest Mawson is not a good signing is sheer ridiculousness, he is a colossus and long may these kind of signings continue.

I stopped reading at "future England captain" Goodnight and I wish you every failure in the future. :lol:

Sun May 14, 2017 11:28 pm

Yes I can tell you stop reading when things don't go your way. :D

Mawson England U-21 int, 19 goals in his last 4 seasons a quarter of which have come in the Premier League. An absolute monster of a defender earning plaudits from all quarters, future of the England defence alongside Keane and Stones. Certain captain material. Sorry to p*ss on your chips :lol:

Mon May 15, 2017 2:11 am

Gutted they stayed up, but at the end of the day they deserved it. Think losing Siggurdson and Llorrente will f**k them right up though, for next season.