Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jacks stay up

Sun May 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Jammy, but Hull worse than them. Good luck hanging on to SIGURDSSON

Re: Jacks stay up

Sun May 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Nothing jammy about it. It is a 38 game league, in fact we have been on the end of some absolute horrendous decisions, this season more than any other I can remember.

Bottom line, we survived because we deserved to, if we got relegated then similarly we would have deserved to.

Sun May 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Sigurdson off to Everton, agreed and done deal :bluebird:

Sun May 14, 2017 12:15 pm

SnackaJack wrote:Nothing jammy about it. It is a 38 game league, in fact we have been on the end of some absolute horrendous decisions, this season more than any other I can remember.

Bottom line, we survived because we deserved to, if we got relegated then similarly we would have deserved to.

fair comment, pardon the intentional bias since this is a Cardiff City Forum :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun May 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Hate to say it but you finish the league exactly where you deserve to , and over the season Hull have been worse than them, not sure if they will keep hold of Siguardson next year mind , think they will be in relegation battle again next season

Sun May 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Sigurdson off to Everton, agreed and done deal :bluebird:

And lorrente probably go maybe couple of others be interesting see how Clement does in transfer dealing previous managers not had much success! Yes sell players at massive profit past 4yrs but they havnt improved with replacements.

Sun May 14, 2017 12:18 pm

A player of truly outstanding qualities with the football. I would be shocked if they managed to replace him adequately :bluebird:

Sun May 14, 2017 12:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

And lorrente probably go maybe couple of others be interesting see how Clement does in transfer dealing previous managers not had much success! Yes sell players at massive profit past 4yrs but they havnt improved with replacements.

Maybe they could sell Montero to Real or Barca lol :laughing6:

Sun May 14, 2017 12:22 pm

This isn't meant to sound like sour grapes, but I honestly think Clement long term will be a failure at Swansea, and I think they will be looking for a new manager by this Christmas. I may be wrong but I just don't see him pushing them on. He's done well to keep them up, but I don't see it continuing next season. :bluebird:

Sun May 14, 2017 12:27 pm

I don't buy into the argument of sides fielding weakened teams, refereeing decisions etc. Over the course of a season I think you finish in your position on merit. The three weakest sides over the course of a season will have gone down.

Sun May 14, 2017 12:27 pm

As much as I admit I wanted them to go down. From a promotion push hull are a worse team and therefore gives us a better chance to go up. Positive thinking

Sun May 14, 2017 12:32 pm

ThomasC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Maybe they could sell Montero to Real or Barca lol :laughing6:

Nah he's only got one leg the other is perpetually injured! :laughing6:

Sun May 14, 2017 12:38 pm

Hull have only got themselves to blame, it was in their own hands. Swansea[ sadly] deserve to stay up.

Sun May 14, 2017 12:48 pm

The league table doesn't lie, they may be the 4th worse team, but that was all that was required.

Quite good for us..... S.Wales derby would be a toss up and a lot of commotion surrounding the game. The teams coming down are in a bit of trouble

Hull, let the blood letting begin. Won't keep hold of their manager so won't have any continuity and may end up like us this time. Kept Brucie last time and got back up. Fans very unhappy and we all know where that leads to..........

Boro, Sacked a very good manager for a rookie and we know the championship is an unforgiving league to learn you trade in. A team laden with top end championship players but how many will fancy themselves as premier league quality and seek a move.

Sunderland - May even have a couple of quid on them being relegated. Worse than Villa last season and a mess on and off the field. Keeper will be gone for decent money but the chairman wants out....

Sun May 14, 2017 12:52 pm

Fair play to Hull - they are pfaffing useless.

Hull, Sunderland and Middlesborough away next season :o

Sun May 14, 2017 2:15 pm

The gypos are on borrowed time in the premiership

Sun May 14, 2017 2:31 pm

I'm quite happy for them to stay in the Prem and struggle for another season. Ideally they will get relegated the season we get promoted. I don't want them stinking out the Championship anyway while we are in it.

:bluescarf:

Sun May 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Im surprised how easily Hull have folded in the last two games but all credit to the gypos they have stepped it up last few games. They have a few in their ranks who clearly love the Club and have pulled it together

Sun May 14, 2017 2:57 pm

MalagaCF wrote:The gypos are on borrowed time in the premiership

Again , and yet still competing and still there

Sun May 14, 2017 4:08 pm

We have an average league finish of 11th, we are hardly scraping by on borrowed time. But I appreciate the thought :D

Sun May 14, 2017 5:13 pm

SnackaJack wrote:We have an average league finish of 11th, we are hardly scraping by on borrowed time. But I appreciate the thought :D

life is great mate,
have a great summer
up the jacks

fair play what a horrible season

Sun May 14, 2017 5:17 pm

SgorioFruitt wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:We have an average league finish of 11th, we are hardly scraping by on borrowed time. But I appreciate the thought :D

life is great mate,
have a great summer
up the jacks

This season is just a sign you're on that you're on borrowed time you going down is inevitable.

Sun May 14, 2017 6:03 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
SgorioFruitt wrote:

life is great mate,
have a great summer
up the jacks

This season is just a sign you're on that you're on borrowed time you going down is inevitable.

I will be expecting you to post your very chunky bet on that then, would be silly not to cash in :mrgreen:

Sun May 14, 2017 6:16 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SgorioFruitt wrote:

life is great mate,
have a great summer
up the jacks

I will be expecting you to post your very chunky bet on that then, would be silly not to cash in :mrgreen:

Not a gambling man but still if you don't learn from this season you're luck will run out If you sell Siggurdson and Llorente would you trust the board to bring in good replacements?

Sun May 14, 2017 6:27 pm

You don't have to be, I don't play the lottery but if I was sure I would obviously win soon then I would... as would anyone else that GENUINELLY thought that :D

We have had the two worst finishes in our PL history with Sigurdsson and Llorente in the team. We managed perfectly well without either. Sigurdsson although a wizard from the set piece and puts in an immense amount of effort is far from indispensable in open play. I think selling him for £25m would kick the club on, not hold it back.

There is no such thing as luck long term. This will be our 7th season there with an average finish of 11th. Nothing lucky about that.

Sun May 14, 2017 6:31 pm

SnackaJack wrote:You don't have to be, I don't play the lottery but if I was sure I would obviously win soon then I would... as would anyone else that GENUINELLY thought that :D

We have had the two worst finishes in our PL history with Sigurdsson and Llorente in the team. We managed perfectly well without either. Sigurdsson although a wizard from the set piece and puts in an immense amount of effort is far from indispensable in open play. I think selling him for £25m would kick the club on, not hold it back.

But will they invest that money or will they pocket it that's the thing? and will you lot will just get cheap replacements which is what put you in the position you're in.

Sun May 14, 2017 6:36 pm

They can't pocket it so yes I'd imagine so.

Sun May 14, 2017 6:38 pm

SnackaJack wrote:They can't pocket it so yes I'd imagine so.

Why can't they wasn't that what you lot were fussing about with Huw and the yanks?

Sun May 14, 2017 6:59 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

Why can't they wasn't that what you lot were fussing about with Huw and the yanks?

Because it isn't their company. They own 61% I think. It is illegal to just take money out of a company, even more so if it's a company you don't own. :D

I don't recall any "fussing", although there is an ongoing dispute between the old shareholders and the Trust with regards to them selling their shares against the shareholders agreement if that is what you are referring to? It's nothing to do with anybody taking anything. In order for venture capitalists to get a return they improve the business and increase the value if their shares. If the club gets £25m then it is more prudent to invest in company assets and thus increasing the value of it.

Sun May 14, 2017 7:05 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Because it isn't their company. They own 61% I think. It is illegal to just take money out of a company, even more so if it's a company you don't own. :D

I don't recall any "fussing", although there is an ongoing dispute between the old shareholders and the Trust with regards to them selling their shares against the shareholders agreement if that is what you are referring to? It's nothing to do with anybody taking anything. In order for venture capitalists to get a return they improve the business and increase the value if their shares. If the club gets £25m then it is more prudent to invest in company assets and thus increasing the value of it.

I'm no expert but that's probably what I was referring to.