Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Black Saturday

Sun May 07, 2017 4:55 pm

Swansea winning v everton newport beating notts County to stay up and cardiff fans on here saying well done county and they hate every thing cardiff more than the jacks I wont av its good for welsh football if it was cardiff on the verge of going down it wouldnt av been I hope they stay up they hate us

Re: black saturday

Sun May 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Totally agree .. hoped they would have gone down.. and down again next year . . Lol they hate us with a passion and the feelings mutual from me at least..

Sun May 07, 2017 6:41 pm

Totally agree with you.the love in with other clubs on here makes me cringe. Especially feeling sorry for clubs who've historically had more success than us then fall on hard times.cant stand the lot of them.

Sun May 07, 2017 9:40 pm

I couldn't give two shits about Newport to be honest

Sun May 07, 2017 11:08 pm

I work in the Newport area and trust me, most hate us with a passion. I really don't get why some of our fans wish them well. I was gutted they stayed up. Saturday was a bad footballing day.

Mon May 08, 2017 6:26 am

I work in Newport, as the only Cardiff fan, i get and give stick but its all banter, its good for welsh football that they survived, somewhere to send the youngsters on loan.

Mon May 08, 2017 10:54 pm

rustyblue wrote:I work in Newport, as the only Cardiff fan, i get and give stick but its all banter, its good for welsh football that they survived, somewhere to send the youngsters on loan.

Spot On .

Tue May 09, 2017 8:32 am

rustyblue wrote:I work in Newport, as the only Cardiff fan, i get and give stick but its all banter, its good for welsh football that they survived, somewhere to send the youngsters on loan.

Yeah, I have good friends from Newport and Swansea so I've never bought into the fierce rivalry. It's all good fun. My focus for rivalry is more over the bridge towards the likes of Bristol City and Leeds. I'm really finding Newcastle unbearable over the last decade as well.

The more Welsh teams as high up as possible, the better. I'm not going down, I probably would want Swansea to come down for the laughs it would cause but I won't be gutted if they stay up. I won't really care. I'm glad Newport stayed up though. Wouldn't mind them coming up to our division so we can batter them.

I'm thinking about getting a season ticket at Merthyr next season. I've moved close to the home ground now and I want to introduce my son to football games slowly so thought taking him to games at Penydarren Park where the crowd isn't as big would be less intimidating for him.

Tue May 09, 2017 1:37 pm

I'm surprise people on here saying they wish county went down, I don't understand why your even paying attention to them we are team with ambitions to get promote to the premier league, whilst they hope for league two safety.

Re: Black Saturday

Mon May 22, 2017 9:33 pm

Well done to Newport county on pulling that off.
Quite remarkable.
Great for football in Wales.