Gary Monk set to be sacked by Leeds!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:43 pm

:wave: :laughing6:

Ridiculous really but should help our 6 pts against them next season :lol:

Leeds United set to axe former Swansea City manager Garry Monk after missing out on Championship play-off spot - reports

Leeds United manager Garry Monk

Sunday 20th April 2017
Leeds United owners are to set to sack former Swansea City boss Garry Monk after the club missed out on a place in the Championship play-offs, according to reports.

According to The Sun there will be a major dug-out shake-up this summer at Elland Road, with a new man at the helm thought to be high on the agenda.

After a difficult start to life in Yorkshire, Monk had been praised for guiding the Whites to within an inch of the play-off places before tailing off in recent weeks.

A 3-3 draw against Norwich City on Saturday has all but ended their promotion hopes.

Leeds co-owner Andrea Radrizzani has appointed Spaniard Ivan Bravo as a special adviser, with a foreign coach set to be brought in.

Monk's contract is up in June and will not be renewed, the Sun state.

Monk said after the game with the Canaries: "I've got one more game left and, you know me, I will be focused on that.

"But like I said in the week, the club have said when they want to speak so I have to respect that and even when that point comes, it will be a case of us both agreeing on the right way to go forward.

"Of course, for me, I know clearly how I would take it forward and take the club forward and the squad forward and the club will have their views as well.

"That's all to come, that's been said for a number of weeks now. There are really solid foundations now for the club to build upon and take this club forward. We'll see how that happens."
Attachments
JS106937002.jpg
JS106937002.jpg (48.54 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
BrightBlueFuture

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Gary Monk set to be sacked by Leeds!

Postby KWest » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Hate the guy, and surprised he's done so well this year, but letting him leave seems a bit silly given he's done better than anyone they've had in recent years. Hell, he could still technically only miss out on the playoffs by goal difference, no? That club is a genuine joke.

Not sure it's being "sacked" if you're contract expires either, to be fair...
KWest

Postby pengamblue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:55 pm

taxi for monk :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :occasion5:
pengamblue

Postby Sven » Mon May 01, 2017 4:57 am

I'm with KWest on this one...

I'm not a Gary Monk fan by any means but I almost felt a little for him being sacked by the club down the road and I sincerely hoped we would be responsible for his Leeds departure after this season's game at the CCS, which actually became the catalyst for an impressive run of form for a team that were in the same position as us at that time...

To sack him from the Leeds United job after what the horrible git achieved this season would be akin to Birmingham sacking Gary Rowett...and probably a lot worse! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby SnackaJack » Mon May 01, 2017 5:00 am

We would be in the Championship already had we not sacked him, of that I am utterly convinced.
SnackaJack

Postby GrangeEndStar » Mon May 01, 2017 6:11 am

A horrible club run by horrible people. Punched above their weight this season because of Monkfish and now their going to sack him as they didn't make the playoffs. Now the deluded nutter owner appoints a Real Madrid league director to run the circus. Good. They'll be marching on together to division 3 next season and another 6 points for us.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Bluebina » Mon May 01, 2017 3:46 pm

great any more good news :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :wave: :wave: :thumbup: :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Return to General Chat