' Constantly slating our players '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Stringfellow » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:22 pm

I can't think of more than one or two players who hasn't been given negative posts on here the last 3 or 4 weeks including the manager. I don't know what people except, we are Cardiff city in the championship yet all I read is he's shit etc etc and what's most noticeable is fans judge and go off a players peformance in just a few games not a full season.

Teams and players go up and down with form, ralls and jazz used to be the fall guys but now others coming in for it. Honestly, just genuinely don't get it. A lot live in a fantasy world. We were nailed on relegation yet turned it around and until the goal yesterday were the better team.

Need a reality check :thumbup:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Constantly slating our players '

Postby LostBlue » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:24 pm

Says alot about football fans these days. On MOTD just now S'oton fans were booing their players for having a crap game yet 4 or 5 years ago they were in the lower leagues and shit. Very quick to forget the bad times and get ahead of themselves the modern football fans are. So short sighted it's unreal.
Really, even if you get relegated, however sad it may be for a week or two it isn't as bad as people make out. All teams go up and down at some point, they have to, it's called the law of the game and where would we be without them? Correct! In a pointless league like The MLS or SPFL, Bundesliga, La Liga, the list is endless. At least ours is competitive and interesting, so just enjoy it. Or if you want to see your team win every week go support Bayern/Real/Barca in their mickey mouse leagues.

I actually thought we played quite well last night. Not for the whole game but we moved it about fairly well, had more of the chances but were let down by finishing and aptitude in the final third. And we had to be beaten by two really good goals.

Yes some players are finished with us and are no longer good enough but that is as inevitable and certain as death and taxes. Again, it happens at every single club throughout the world.

Sorry I didn't mean for this to be so much of an essay, it just came out.
LostBlue

Postby daidap » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:57 am

U r both spot on.when i was growing up in the 80's we were landed to get over 3,000 @ NP.Ithink impatient and fickle are 2 words i would use by fans in general!!!
daidap

Postby fred keenor » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:35 am

Modern football!
Everyone thinks it's like football manager on a PC
fred keenor

Postby valleyrambill » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:46 am

Its true I am guilty of it too we all think we are managers but years ago we didn't have computers and web sites we had to go in the pub and have a rant lol
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:58 am

Stringfellow wrote:I can't think of more than one or two players who hasn't been given negative posts on here the last 3 or 4 weeks including the manager. I don't know what people except, we are Cardiff city in the championship yet all I read is he's shit etc etc and what's most noticeable is fans judge and go off a players peformance in just a few games not a full season.

Teams and players go up and down with form, ralls and jazz used to be the fall guys but now others coming in for it. Honestly, just genuinely don't get it. A lot live in a fantasy world. We were nailed on relegation yet turned it around and until the goal yesterday were the better team.

Football is emotive and also players form fluctuate so it is no surprise that fans opinions change from one extreme to the other. To me it comes with the territory and I'm as bad as the next fan. I would say if you believe a poster is wrong then put up the counter argument and explain why they are wrong.

What I think is wrong is to infer that fans shouldn't express opinions you don't understand and that applies no matter how poor that opinion seems to be. Where I would draw the line is the 'Roathy' like poster who won't engage in debate and simply keeps relying for the sake of it without directly answering questions put to them.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby troobloo3339 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:19 am

Im probably in the minority here . But I have . No idea, how we lost to newcastle
They had three chances and scored two
We had at least seven good . Chances and never scored any
Nevermind the questionable decision on morrisons . Goal
We . Have the nucleus of adecent squad
Cant wait for warnock to get rid of what's needed and . Bringin the right players to get us challenging for . Play offs
troobloo3339

Postby RV Casual » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:54 am

We are all guilty of it, myself included, but I have to be honest, this has to be one of the most negative forums out there in.
RV Casual

Postby tylorstown18891 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:44 am

Couldn't agree more the best I've seen is gunnarson and he's been one of our best all season :lol: it really does put me off of coming on this forum tbh
tylorstown18891

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:09 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:I can't think of more than one or two players who hasn't been given negative posts on here the last 3 or 4 weeks including the manager. I don't know what people except, we are Cardiff city in the championship yet all I read is he's shit etc etc and what's most noticeable is fans judge and go off a players peformance in just a few games not a full season.

Football is emotive and also players form fluctuate so it is no surprise that fans opinions change from one extreme to the other. To me it comes with the territory and I'm as bad as the next fan. I would say if you believe a poster is wrong then put up the counter argument and explain why they are wrong.

What I think is wrong is to infer that fans shouldn't express opinions you don't understand and that applies no matter how poor that opinion seems to be. Where I would draw the line is the 'Roathy' like poster who won't engage in debate and simply keeps relying for the sake of it without directly answering questions put to them.

Agree with a lot of that but why shouldn't we slate players when they are poor.
For example, I loved Noone a few years ago when he was playing effective and exciting football but now he's poor in nearly every game I slate him. Don't see anything wrong with that personally.

With regards to roathy, he's just plain weird and I don't understand why anyone on here engages with him unless they don't know who he is. He obviously has mental issues.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat