The Jacks relegation would be Cardiffs loss?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby skiprat » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:59 pm

Apparently the jacks being in the premier league pumps millions into cardiffs economy.a lot of away fans stay here before going to Swansea for the game.
skiprat

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: jacks relegation cardiffs lose?

Postby nubbsy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:09 pm

I wonder how many would choose to stay in scumsea if it was the other way around haha
nubbsy

Postby SnackaJack » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:28 pm

nubbsy wrote:I wonder how many would choose to stay in scumsea if it was the other way around haha

Not many would stop at Swansea as it is not on the way, Cardiff provides a handy stop geographically when coming from many English cities across the bridge. Although obviously the overwhelming majority come straight to Swansea. So millions is over stretching it by some distance one would think. :D
SnackaJack

Postby dogfound » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:51 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
nubbsy wrote:I wonder how many would choose to stay in scumsea if it was the other way around haha

Not many would stop at Swansea as it is not on the way, Cardiff provides a handy stop geographically when coming from many English cities across the bridge. Although obviously the overwhelming majority come straight to Swansea. So millions is over stretching it by some distance one would think. :D

anch :lol: :lol: :lol:
dogfound

Postby SnackaJack » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:52 pm

dogfound wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

anch :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah so you agree with me, great. Maybe that can be the first steps of your recovery :D
SnackaJack

Re: The Jacks relegation would be Cardiffs loss?

Postby murphy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:54 pm

99% of fans go to an away game then go straight back home. So what makes people think there's 100s in Cardiff everytime after playing them away.
murphy

Postby skiprat » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:24 am

I went to town yesterday there were still hundreds of Newcastle fans about .
skiprat

Postby griff105 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:47 am

I can live with that.
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
griff105

Postby City Slicker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:13 am

skiprat wrote:Apparently the jacks being in the premier league pumps millions into cardiffs economy.a lot of away fans stay here before going to Swansea for the game.

Bugger the economy, it'll definitely be our gain when we smash the scum TWICE in a season :thumbright:
City Slicker

Postby theclaw » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:14 am

Don't worry about them hotels they are doing ok.
theclaw

Postby SnackaJack » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:07 am

skiprat wrote:I went to town yesterday there were still hundreds of Newcastle fans about .

Because it's bank holiday weekend and one of the longest journeys in the league. Not sure what hotels has to do with your football club though? I can't imagine many of tournament own any?
SnackaJack

Postby 64JACK » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:45 pm

Still good mates with a few Liverpool fans who used to stay in Swansea when they played in cup finals at the Millstad. And yeah they stayed in Swansea every time.
64JACK

Postby Sven » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:54 pm

64JACK wrote:

Still good mates with a few Liverpool fans who used to stay in Swansea when they played in cup finals at the Millstad. And yeah they stayed in Swansea every time.

The FA Cup Finals were a different issue, as it is with the forthcoming Champions League Cup Final (which just in case it's been lost on some is being played in the Welsh capital) mainly due to the shortage of hotel rooms...

Can't compare the two, TBF ;) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby RV Casual » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:04 pm

64JACK wrote:

I will go against my fellow fans on this one, if I was English and was coming from somewhere up North, London, down South or whatever there are plenty of good reasons to stay in Swansea to be be fair.

For the younger crowd you have a decent nightlife, plenty of pubs, bars, university so plenty of youngsters about etc, for the older crowds Swansea isn't really that much of a shit hole, I actually quite like the place and Football aside find the people a friendly bunch, the City Center is not Cardiff but it still has some decent shops, you have a great market, the sea front, mumbles etc etc, I'm surprised you don't get a lot of stopovers, perhaps you do?
RV Casual

Postby SnackaJack » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:26 pm

Cardiff is a lovely City, why wouldnt people stop there on the way? Won't help the club though.

London is a lovely City too, but don't see Barnet fans jumping for joy that away fans come into the City to play the big London teams. I honestly don't get the geographical debates. Same with our fans going on about Swansea's beaches... aye great. People arent shackled to the area of which they support their football club. Id imagine the majority of Cardiff fans have never even lived in Cardiff with the large valley following. Pointless debate.
SnackaJack

Postby 64JACK » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:21 pm

Sven wrote:
64JACK wrote:

The FA Cup Finals were a different issue, as it is with the forthcoming Champions League Cup Final (which just in case it's been lost on some is being played in the Welsh capital) mainly due to the shortage of hotel rooms...

Can't compare the two, TBF ;) :ayatollah:

That's why i stated they stayed in Swansea every time Sven. It was by choice, not lack of hotel rooms. But it depends on what you're looking for, not a city v city thing, as you can't compare the two. Both have their own qualities. :thumbright:
64JACK

Postby nubbsy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:57 pm

RV Casual wrote:
64JACK wrote:

I will go against my fellow fans on this one, if I was English and was coming from somewhere up North, London, down South or whatever there are plenty of good reasons to stay in Swansea to be be fair.

For the younger crowd you have a decent nightlife, plenty of pubs, bars, university so plenty of youngsters about etc, for the older crowds Swansea isn't really that much of a shit hole, I actually quite like the place and Football aside find the people a friendly bunch, the City Center is not Cardiff but it still has some decent shops, you have a great market, the sea front, mumbles etc etc, I'm surprised you don't get a lot of stopovers, perhaps you do?

I was just having a bit of banter but if you wana get all boring and share your love affair with the jacks don't let me stop you
Last edited by nubbsy on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nubbsy

Postby nubbsy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:59 pm

64JACK wrote:

They're scoucers I'm not suprised they feel more at home in your pretty shitty city!
nubbsy

Postby RV Casual » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:33 pm

nubbsy wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
64JACK wrote:

I was just having a bit of banter but if you wana get all boring and share your love affair with the jacks don't let me stop you

Love affair :lol: chill out will you, I do like an Ice Cream in Verdis and a stroll down the Mumbles but I wouldn't go that far :oops: ;)

I take your point though, reading it back I do sound like I work for the Swansea Tourist Board, wheres the f*cking edit button when you need it :lol:
RV Casual

Postby 64JACK » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:51 pm

nubbsy wrote:
64JACK wrote:

They're scoucers I'm not suprised they feel more at home in your pretty shitty city!

Liverpool is a fantastic city you utter cretin! Grow up! :banghead:
64JACK

Postby wez1927 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Swansea is a shit hole, even people born there want to come to cardiff the CAPITAL :lol:
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby SnackaJack » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:49 pm

Is wez ok? Hes like a drunk uncle at a party just blurting out random expletives :D
SnackaJack

Postby nubbsy » Mon May 01, 2017 10:30 am

RV Casual wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
64JACK wrote:

Love affair :lol: chill out will you, I do like an Ice Cream in Verdis and a stroll down the Mumbles but I wouldn't go that far :oops: ;)

I take your point though, reading it back I do sound like I work for the Swansea Tourist Board, wheres the f*cking edit button when you need it :lol:

Haha aye the mumbles is nice (and the ice cream) just a shame about the clientèle!
nubbsy

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Can't think of it all that deeply, just think it's time they went back down and always enjoy the South Wales derby match!

We've had so much stick off them in recent years - getting promoted when the more likely team was us! But we didn't!
The league cup - we lost the final - they won it!
The rebrand jokes coming from them! It's time that we took back control of football in South Wales! Lolol
Once a blue always a blue44

Return to General Chat