Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Exeter City Fans travel 510 mile rd trip

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Over 700 Exeter City fans travelled all the way to Doncaster Rovers, Little Exeter City taking 700 fans on a 500 mile plus rd trip, distance does not matter to some fans.

Re: Exeter City Fans travel 510 mile rd trip

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:01 pm

Yet we will struggle to take 300 to Huddersfield and everyone will be blaming the kick off time

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:48 pm

Why does every little thing on here have to revert back to a pop at our fans and negativity towards our supporters.

Why can't we just say well done to the 700 Exeter fans on traveling to Doncaster and seeing their side clinch a Play Off Place, why are we even being mentioned????

Mon May 01, 2017 7:44 am

RV Casual wrote:Why does every little thing on here have to revert back to a pop at our fans and negativity towards our supporters.

Why can't we just say well done to the 700 Exeter fans on traveling to Doncaster and seeing their side clinch a Play Off Place, why are we even being mentioned????

I think its because some on here always make excuses, by saying distance or time of match yet it happens to all clubs fans, they don't moan about it,they just get on with it and turn out in good numbers away from home.

Little Bury near the bottom of Div one yesterday took 550 fans away to Southend, (500 mile rd trip), Bury are a really small club (use to take 50 away fans)but like most small clubs nowadays their support has increased vastly and ours has cut in half and not because of distance or times,because the truth is our support has been broken over the last 7yrs and thats the truth.

We use to travel to Tranmere,Halifax,Southend,Northampton,Halifax all on Friday nights away, I was at those grounds at least on five occasions each one of them, we never moaned, we just went and were actually excited about going :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Clubs like Exeter,Carlisle,Bury,Grimsby etc etc have had NO success at all and were very very small clubs to us years ago,yet their support has not just remained its increased year after year.

Mon May 01, 2017 8:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Why does every little thing on here have to revert back to a pop at our fans and negativity towards our supporters.

I think its because some on here always make excuses, by saying distance or time of match yet it happens to all clubs fans, they don't moan about it,they just get on with it and turn out in good numbers away from home.

Little Bury near the bottom of Div one yesterday took 550 fans away to Southend, (500 mile rd trip), Bury are a really small club (use to take 50 away fans)but like most small clubs nowadays their support has increased vastly and ours has cut in half and not because of distance or times,because the truth is our support has been broken over the last 7yrs and thats the truth.

We use to travel to Tranmere,Halifax,Southend,Northampton,Halifax all on Friday nights away, I was at those grounds at least on five occasions each one of them, we never moaned, we just went and were actually excited about going :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Clubs like Exeter,Carlisle,Bury,Grimsby etc etc have had NO success at all and were very very small clubs to us years ago,yet their support has not just remained its increased year after year.

Nah sorry, I'm not buying it, some people are just ultra negative about our fans and our support and whatever we do or take will just never be good enough.

Pointing out the blatantly obvious is not making excuses either, Huddersfield at 12 on a Sunday is inconvenient for many fans. That's not an excuse but a statement of fact.

Newport took 300 odd to Carlisle and you said it was a pathetic following, Bury in a division higher and in a similar circumstances take a couple of hundred more to Southend and you think it's good, how does that work?

We take 2,000 odd to Bristol City and its negative not positive, we take 2,500 to Reading and its not enough should be 4,000. Always the same.

I have no idea why on a thread about Exeter City someone wants to have a pop at our fans yet again, I have no idea what the motive is or what people think is being achieved but believe me when I say it's counter productive.

Mon May 01, 2017 9:19 am

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Nah sorry, I'm not buying it, some people are just ultra negative about our fans and our support and whatever we do or take will just never be good enough.

Pointing out the blatantly obvious is not making excuses either, Huddersfield at 12 on a Sunday is inconvenient for many fans. That's not an excuse but a statement of fact.

Newport took 300 odd to Carlisle and you said it was a pathetic following, Bury in a division higher and in a similar circumstances take a couple of hundred more to Southend and you think it's good, how does that work?

We take 2,000 odd to Bristol City and its negative not positive, we take 2,500 to Reading and its not enough should be 4,000. Always the same.

I have no idea why on a thread about Exeter City someone wants to have a pop at our fans yet again, I have no idea what the motive is or what people think is being achieved but believe me when I say it's counter productive.

First that was Newport's biggest away game for many many years, it was so important for the future of their club, I believe if that had been us, we would of had thousands up there.

Little Bury, take 300-500 fans to 250 mile games regularly, Newport take 30-150 fans to those type of away games.

Newport have never had good support, never, lads yes,but not good support.

Also Newport played away to Exeter City a match for me down the road in our day and Newport were on a brilliant run and they still only took hundreds.

Its the same for every club next Saturday 12pm, we have not been singled out.

Also for three years now we have had hardly any restrictions and 95% of our away games are pay on the day, I put it out on here, on twitter and Fb to help our fans know :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon May 01, 2017 5:35 pm

Well I for one used to go to 16-20 away games but have stopped now because simply as with much of 'modern football' it became boring - nothing to do with Tan restrictions by authorities etc I simply became bored of sitting on a bus for hours on end for 90 minutes of football. Surely this must have happened to others as well

Mon May 01, 2017 5:41 pm

Well I for one used to go to 16-20 away games but have stopped now because simply as with much of 'modern football' it became boring - nothing to do with Tan restrictions by authorities etc I simply became bored of sitting on a bus for hours on end for 90 minutes of football. Surely this must have happened to others as well