Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING NEWS AND ALL GOOD NEWS AT CARDIFF CITY

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:14 pm

CARDIFF CITY ' ALL GOOD NEWS COMING OUT '

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/04/2 ... oming-out/ :thumbright: :bluebird:

For me this is more than good news and shows we are trying to put the Despicable Rebrand behind us :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I have been told that Our Home and Away Kits will No longer have anything to do with the Despicable Red we once wore. :thumbright:
I have also been told our club is even thinking of not having the Despicable Red on the 3rd Kit as well.

Even more news on the Red, I have also been told that our club is moving even more forward and quotes have been asked for regarding the removing of the Red seats in the Upper Ninian Stand, one source is saying this will 100% be done, I am still not convinced that this will happen, but will be very happy if this is true :thumbright: :thumbright:

I was also told more good news that Kareem Harris, Junior Hoilett and of course as it's already come out Kenneth Zohore have agreed new contracts.

Neil Warnock is more than happy that he has signed up three players that he wanted to stay for next seasons promotion challenge.

I was also told that Warnock has been given a £5mill budget which will be increased if players like Craig Noone and Anthony Pilkighton are moved on etc as these two alone are costing our club approx £200,00 a month.

Exciting times ahead for our fans and club :thumbright: :bluebird:

I have been told that eventually the Red will be Non existent at our Great Football club :thumbright: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING NEWS AND ALL GOOD NEWS AT CARDIFF CITY

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:28 pm

All sounds really positive Annis.

With the football getting better, the crowds and attendances are slowly improving, I hope that the removal of red seats will go another step to seeing more fans return.

Excellent news about Zohore and Hoilett though I am not sure whether Harris has what's needed, although I am happy to be proven wrong and with a pre-season under NW then hopefully we will see improved performances from Hoilett and Harris.

Good news all round though :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:34 pm

At last red will be confined to clubs history like all good & bad things that happen! And Hopefully people won't complain at cost of removing red seats if it happens! Upwards and onwards :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:CARDIFF CITY ' ALL GOOD NEWS COMING OUT '

For me this is more than good news and shows we are trying to put the Despicable Rebrand behind us :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I have been told that Our Home and Away Kits will No longer have anything to do with the Despicable Red we once wore. :thumbright:
I have also been told our club is even thinking of not having the Despicable Red on the 3rd Kit as well.

Even more news on the Red, I have also been told that our club is moving even more forward and quotes have been asked for regarding the removing of the Red seats in the Upper Ninian Stand, one source is saying this will 100% be done, I am still not convinced that this will happen, but will be very happy if this is true :thumbright: :thumbright:

I was also told more good news that Kareem Harris, Junior Hoilett and of course as it's already come out Kenneth Zohore have agreed new contracts.

Neil Warnock is more than happy that he has signed up three players that he wanted to stay for next seasons promotion challenge.

I was also told that Warnock has been given a £5mill budget which will be increased if players like Craig Noone and Anthony Pilkighton are moved on etc as these two alone are costing our club approx £200,00 a month.

I have been told that eventually the Red will be Non existent at our Great Football club :thumbright: :bluescarf:
The news about red not featuring on our stripes is quite frankly a non story,as for the rest of your posting,I feel only mildly interested,what is far more important is that Warnock gets enough of a warchest to fundermently turn around a very mediocre squad he currently has

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:38 pm

Happy with all this wonder what our away kit will be then? Also want the white shorts back on the home kit but you cant have it all sometimes. Happy that Kadeem and Junior have signed up aswell although I expected those to happen eventually.

Dont really mind the red seats as I just dont see them at all so I never got bothered by them being sat in the Ninian but it can look odd in photos so if we can get them Blue im all for it.

How come you were able to come out with this good news early Annis?

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:48 pm

I like the red seats . They make the stadium stand out over other generic new builds which are boring single colour bowls.
Hopefully if they are changed they are not blue . Maybe a design like using some of them to put the welsh dragin in the ground would look good

:bluescarf:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:CARDIFF CITY ' ALL GOOD NEWS COMING OUT '

All excellent news and shows the club want to move forward. :ayatollah:
All we need now is to get rid of the red worm on our badge and that puts the rebrand completely behind us. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:53 pm

Would love to see the end of the red at our Club because it's the symbol of so much hurt. Yes we have had red at different times during our history but now the red is a constant reminder of the worst days of supporting CCFC.
I would love to see yellow as our second kit and I know to a lot the red seats don't bother them but every time I go especially in the Canton Stand it is a constant reminder of a colour that ripped the heart and sole from the city. I hope this is true and it will happen.
Good news on the keeping of those three players and Harris is improving and he was playing well yesterday before he got injured.
Good stuff :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:54 pm

All good news. Hopefully we will see a a return to yellow being our 3rd colour after blue and white.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:58 pm

nubbsy wrote:All good news. Hopefully we will see a a return to yellow being our 3rd colour after blue and white.

What would be your away kit then ?

Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:02 pm

I'm taking it this is the end of the worm on the badge. I have no problem with the colour red as an away shirt although I think its idea as a shirt should be dismissed for a few seasons.

However for the red seats they need to be replaced as they are associated with the rebrand.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:22 pm

Annis, if this is all true, for me personally this is brilliant news! I'd love the seats in the upper ninian to become either blue or yellow or both - perhaps yellow seats with a bluebird shape??? :bluebird:

If we have our yellow kits back as an away kit that would be fab - I for one (and I know a few of my friends) would buy an away kit for the first time since the rebrand. Don't get me wrong - I think the red seats in the stadium don't look horrendous but I believe the club, the stadium the kit reflects a big part of our history and identity and if changed would be really happy with that! Will be buying home and away shirts next season if this happens! :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Merchandise wise - and if we do well in the league the club can make a fortune in sales! Imagine going up in blue and away yellow - massive sales!

Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:All good news. Hopefully we will see a a return to yellow being our 3rd colour after blue and white.

I always liked the black away kits

Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:41 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Yellow and but if whut or blue

Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:55 pm

Any colour for away strip EXCEPT White will do.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:57 pm

what about that poxy worm on the badge?

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:03 pm

All good news and the club seem to want to move mountains to get us back to a united club again.Interesting to see how much the cost for replacing the seats is.
Warnock has got his budget so to me the play-offs are more realistic than "a fantastic achievement "as he recently stated.
Well done all involved and let's hope the fans come back.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:04 pm

I personally have no problem with a Red kit as long as it's our away kit...in fact I would prefer to keep the 2nd kit Red as it identifies us with being Welsh.

£5 million is probably not going to be anywhere near enough for a promotion push...Warnock is going to have to work miracles in the transfer market. Yesterday's game highlighted how desperately short we are of genuine quality playmakers and they don't come cheap

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:04 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Not massively fussed nukes; black, white, yellow (Not red).

What I ment what I would like to see is a blue and white home kit with some bits of yellow like Wales do with the green for eg. Like we've had on many kits in the past. It gives us some of individuality.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:07 pm

papa wrote:what about that poxy worm on the badge?

Replace it with a similar size Welsh dragon and replace that red line around the badge with yellow.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:11 pm

Annis,
From what you say regarding the red, does this mean the red on the badge and dragon will be recoloured / removed???

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:37 pm

That would all be brilliant news!!

I would love to see a blue , white and yellow home kit.

I'd like to see blue seats in the Ninian Stand. That would make it look awesome!

It would be great to have the red removed from the badge.

And the worm!

It would be excellent if it happened. I hope so.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:38 pm

theclaw wrote:All good news and the club seem to want to move mountains to get us back to a united club again.Interesting to see how much the cost for replacing the seats is.
Warnock has got his budget so to me the play-offs are more realistic than "a fantastic achievement "as he recently stated.
Well done all involved and let's hope the fans come back.

Personally I'd rather them change the seats if we go back up (they don't bother me as much as they did with the shirts ) as I think the money should be used on players instead as budget is going to be tight as it is

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:57 pm

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/04/2 ... oming-out/ :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:03 pm

thomasblue wrote:I like the red seats . They make the stadium stand out over other generic new builds which are boring single colour bowls.
Hopefully if they are changed they are not blue . Maybe a design like using some of them to put the welsh dragin in the ground would look good

I like this idea. How about going a step further and replacing some red seats with white and green to make a giant Welsh flag.
That would look awesome

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:15 pm

I'd like a yellow away kit, then a black 3rd kit but suppose I could handle the 3rd kit being red. The red seats on the other hand need changing. :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Pilks, noonie, Kennedy, Okeefe, Saadi, John and Huws will bring at least 3m in sales without the massive savings on wages with the others,

NW should have a decent war chest

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:51 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I like the red seats . They make the stadium stand out over other generic new builds which are boring single colour bowls.

I like this idea. How about going a step further and replacing some red seats with white and green to make a giant Welsh flag.
That would look awesome

Yeah and probably cheaper as wouldn't need to replace them all.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Pilkington and Noone in particular yesterday were extremely poor and disappointing.

Sooner they go then the sooner we can bring in players who want to play for their place!

Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:20 pm

Wonderful news :occasion5: :ayatollah:

This to me this is closure on rebrand, a decision 100% long time coming. Red away kits was not a complete breakaway from the not to distant ugly past.