Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' NEIL WARNOCK NOT HAPPY '

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:33 am

' NEIL WARNOCK NOT HAPPY '

Saturday 29th April 2017

Neil Warnock slams referee's performance in Cardiff City's defeat to Newcastle United

Neil Warnock has slammed official Graham Scott for his role in spoiling Cardiff City's plans for a winning home send-off – and had a dig at referees' chief Mike Riley for good measure.

The Cardiff boss Warnock was left fuming for man in the middle Scott ruling out an early header from skipper Sean Morrison – and for the free-kick that Atsu scored the opener from.

He claimed Oxfordshire official Scott needed to be “educated” to some of the play – but then managed to have a pop at refs boss Riley at the same time.

NEIL WARNOCK:

Neil Warnock said: “It was disappointing end at home for us, but if you don't score your chances....It showed why you pay for quality and why we need to get more goals into the team and that's what we're looking to do in summer.

“I can't fault the effort and they've been brilliant since I've been here and I thought they were a bit unlucky. Sean Morrison's header that was disallowed, it was very soft.

“And the free-kick for the first goal is a nothing free-kick. We've got to start educating platers what to do when you get a referee like that. I thought Scotty had a bad game today, I thought he was very, very poor, in general and his positioning and interpretation.

“Mitrovic comes on, never looks at the ball and three times it should be a foul on Morrison but he never sees it. Why? Because he's not educated. And it's no wonder if Mike Reilly is his tutor.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' NEIL WARNOCK NOT HAPPY '

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:40 am

:o :o not like our Neil .

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:' NEIL WARNOCK NOT HAPPY '

Saturday 29th April 2017

Neil Warnock slams referee's performance in Cardiff City's defeat to Newcastle United

Neil Warnock has slammed official Graham Scott for his role in spoiling Cardiff City's plans for a winning home send-off – and had a dig at referees' chief Mike Riley for good measure.

The Cardiff boss Warnock was left fuming for man in the middle Scott ruling out an early header from skipper Sean Morrison – and for the free-kick that Atsu scored the opener from.

He claimed Oxfordshire official Scott needed to be “educated” to some of the play – but then managed to have a pop at refs boss Riley at the same time.

NEIL WARNOCK:

Neil Warnock said: “It was disappointing end at home for us, but if you don't score your chances....It showed why you pay for quality and why we need to get more goals into the team and that's what we're looking to do in summer.

“I can't fault the effort and they've been brilliant since I've been here and I thought they were a bit unlucky. Sean Morrison's header that was disallowed, it was very soft.

“And the free-kick for the first goal is a nothing free-kick. We've got to start educating platers what to do when you get a referee like that. I thought Scotty had a bad game today, I thought he was very, very poor, in general and his positioning and interpretation.

“Mitrovic comes on, never looks at the ball and three times it should be a foul on Morrison but he never sees it. Why? Because he's not educated. And it's no wonder if Mike Reilly is his tutor.”

He's not happy :laughing6: that's going to cost him a few quid !!!

He's right though the referee was rubbish !!!

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:44 am

Neil clutching at straws there!
:lol:
Funny how he didn't mention that Jazz should have been red carded and they should have had a penalty for shirt pulling.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:45 am

And he doesn't mention the foul on Kadeem,how could he not book him for that.Metatarsal breaking tackle plain as day and the ref couldn't be better placed.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:46 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:And he doesn't mention the foul on Kadeem,how could he not book him for that.Metatarsal breaking tackle plain as day and the ref couldn't be better placed.

Shocking tackle mate.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:48 am

It is ok to have a go at the ref for decisions going against us but what about those that went in our favour. Newcastle had 2 definite penalty decision waved against them.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:53 am

The ref was poor all over, same as some said in our favour at times and against at others.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:02 am

Ref never picked Halford though

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:13 am

The foul from Morrison was clear as day, what is he talking about?

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:47 am

llan bluebird wrote:Ref never picked Halford though

:laughing6:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Think NW is just frustrated at teams overall performance! Ref was typical of championship gave us some and them some decisions! But biggest decision went in our favour we should have had had jass sent off for nasty foul 2nd half . :o

Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:49 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:And he doesn't mention the foul on Kadeem,how could he not book him for that.Metatarsal breaking tackle plain as day and the ref couldn't be better placed.

Shocking tackle mate.

Lovely tackle that. Shame it wasn't in the first five minutes that little prick might have piped down.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' NEIL WARNOCK NOT HAPPY '

Saturday 29th April 2017

NEIL WARNOCK:

I am really getting tired of Mr Warnock blaming the referee for his own terms shortcomings,if City had taken their chances last night the referee's performance would have been immaterial

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:56 am

nubbsy wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Shocking tackle mate.

Lovely tackle that. Shame it wasn't in the first five minutes that little prick might have piped down.

The tackle on Kadeem? Could have broken his ankle.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:40 am

The ref was poor how on earth people can have a go at Warnock is beyond me unbelievable if it wasn't for him we would be in league 1 so I am grateful to have him he will make the odd mistake