Where's the gunnarson thread

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby llan bluebird » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:35 pm

Another anonymous display as a CM. All those MoM and accolades were when he played DM, but Warnock prefers Halford in that role......

All a bit strange to me.
llan bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Where's the gunnarson thread

Postby dogfound » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:45 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Another anonymous display as a CM. All those MoM and accolades were when he played DM, but Warnock prefers Halford in that role......

All a bit strange to me.

tell you what else is strange. that Neil Warnock quote you have about Whitts. has hardly played him since he made the quote..and showed him zero respect tonight.
dogfound

Postby City Slicker » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:00 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Another anonymous display as a CM. All those MoM and accolades were when he played DM, but Warnock prefers Halford in that role......

All a bit strange to me.

Fag end of the season Llan after a stupendous season, including heroics for his country. He's on the beach of course just like you and I would be. Just wait to see him perform next season when Warnock hooks him up with a better midfield partnership :thumbup:
City Slicker

Postby dogfound » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:18 pm

City Slicker wrote:

All a bit strange to me.

Fag end of the season Llan after a stupendous season, including heroics for his country. He's on the beach of course just like you and I would be. Just wait to see him perform next season when Warnock hooks him up with a better midfield partnership :thumbup:

think he was making the point that gunner was played out of position.not that he was on a beach.
i tend to agree. his performances go from hero to zero dependent on where NW wants him playing.
dogfound

Postby KBK-13 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:17 pm

Not sure why so many of our managers have tried playing him further forward, put him infront of the back 4 and let him break up play and give an easy pass. Iceland play to his strengths and he looks class, a number 10 or box to box midfielder he is not.
KBK-13

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:16 pm

I don't think Gunner is as good as people make out on here. he does have a great attitude and works as hard as anyone. my biggest issues is in the big games, ha can be announamous. I would love him to dominate a game and bully more teams. don't get me wrong I like him and would want him to stay but I think we need more from him.
2blue2handle

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't think Gunner is as good as people make out on here. he does have a great attitude and works as hard as anyone. my biggest issues is in the big games, ha can be announamous. I would love him to dominate a game and bully more teams. don't get me wrong I like him and would want him to stay but I think we need more from him.

For us to go that step further we need to find a Joey Barton or Mark Noble and for us older ones David Batty. Gunner is good but not as good as them.
Bakedalasker

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:10 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I don't think Gunner is as good as people make out on here. he does have a great attitude and works as hard as anyone. my biggest issues is in the big games, ha can be announamous. I would love him to dominate a game and bully more teams. don't get me wrong I like him and would want him to stay but I think we need more from him.

For us to go that step further we need to find a Joey Barton or Mark Noble and for us older ones David Batty. Gunner is good but not as good as them.

I think Halford is our David Batty :lol:
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat