Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Halford....Why ???

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:10 pm

Is he a starter at home. Its like starting with 10 men

Re: Halford....Why ???

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:20 pm

Should.not start full stop. Very poor player and no good in the defensive midfield role at all. Gunnar is out best for that position. Halford should be sub at best

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:27 pm

I love Warnock but don't understand this one starting with Halford he is a player to bring on if we need to hold onto a 1 nil lead and our players are knacked in the last 20.

Looking at that bench I would have moved Bruno up and put Connelly at centre half if he wanted to play safe

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:48 pm

What was Halford playing for ?

Doing a dirty job.

As soon as he went off they strolled through where Halford would have been, and scored. He may be a donkey, but he does a decent job at doing the donkey work.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:52 pm

So he is better than Gunnar at that role, because i believe Ralls is better than Gunnar at CM

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:19 am

barry boy wrote:What was Halford playing for ?

Doing a dirty job.

As soon as he went off they strolled through where Halford would have been, and scored. He may be a donkey, but he does a decent job at doing the donkey work.

I agree with you mate. Halford put in some good tackles and break up play thought he had a decent 1st half. Poor passing in 2nd half

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:41 am

Really don't see what Halford brings to the team , he's an average player , if I had a choice who I would raher keep for next season out of him and Whitts , it would have to be Whitts.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:45 am

Totally agree with Boyo1927, Halford needs to go.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:51 am

Not sure if he is only a centre half next season, could be with Manga and Connolly leaving. That would make sense.

But, if he is our DM at home another mid table season for us

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:55 am

Think I'm right in saying that we haven't won a single match when Halford has started. Joe Ralls is a good midfielder. Halford is at best a player for the bench. Warnock made a big mistake picking him last night and on his form since January he should be released.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:59 am

He done a job last night that no one else carried on.
When he went off they almost scored for fun.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:52 am

Halford started at both Leeds and Derby away in the space if three days.

Cost us nothing at home surprised to see him start but away from home been very impressive.

Apart from the Gunnar our midfield is our area we must strengthen and get right for next season, players who can tackle, carry the ball forward, win balls in the air and time to time score. You got it that rules Joe Ralls out on all counts.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:30 am

Gunnars laboured passing is half our problem. If he is not a DM i really can't see what he brings.
He can use his body well, he is strong as an ox probably too strong because he isn't that more mobile than Whitts. Can't head, defend set plays, travel with the ball without over running it or score.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him sold.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:44 pm

Sell our player of the year, won't be surprised tomorrow night to see him pick up all the awards.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Much rather see okeefe or huws in there. To think he may get a place in the squad over one of these two is concerning.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:37 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Sell our player of the year, won't be surprised tomorrow night to see him pick up all the awards.

Sol not only our player of the season, but bloody savior

Kenny Young player although is he that young

Warnock has a history of selling fans favourites.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:53 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Gunnars laboured passing is half our problem. If he is not a DM i really can't see what he brings.
He can use his body well, he is strong as an ox probably too strong because he isn't that more mobile than Whitts. Can't head, defend set plays, travel with the ball without over running it or score.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him sold.

I agree with this. Gunnar is one dimensional, he plays that defensive battling role very well but outside of that he's poor.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:32 pm

bluemun wrote:Think I'm right in saying that we haven't won a single match when Halford has started. Joe Ralls is a good midfielder. Halford is at best a player for the bench. Warnock made a big mistake picking him last night and on his form since January he should be released.

Derby away won 4-3