Our fans at the end of the game.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Our fans at the end of the game.

Postby hotwings » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:23 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
hotwings wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
moonboots wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:When I did my job and earned a fraction of the money that players do, I never did a lap of honour for my customers before my Summer holidays, and I like to think I did slightly better than an average job. Once upon a time a lap of honour was reserved for teams that had won something.

I don't think it is a lap of honour. Just a traditional end of season thank you to the fans. I think fans who have true feelings for the Club will stay behind for a couple of minutes to applaud the players for their efforts this season. Friday's effort was piss poor from the fans who pissed off.

Fans who have true feelings for the Club will stay behind to applaud the players for their efforts this season. Fridays effort was piss poor from the fans who pissed off?

This is a joke surely?

So your telling me that those that left at the final whistle don't have true feelings for the Club? Sorry mate, but that is absolute nonsense. I know blokes who have been going down there for 50 years supporting us in every division come rain or shine through all the doom and gloom who would not have bothered hanging around.

I didn't even go Friday as I had to work so what does that make me?

As it goes if I had been there on Friday I would have been off as soon an the final whistle went, can you tell me for what reason I would need to stay behind to clap the players for their efforts :lol: I can't get over that, their effort has been piss poor for a start, the players are not the 'Club' their a small part of it, a well paid part of it as it goes.

Shows the difference between supporters and spectators for me.

So those of us who have followed the club home and away spending thousands of pounds over 40 or 50 years are not true supporters unless we stay behind to applaud the players. What a load of rubbish.

I'd probably call you a fan. Same as people who turn up every week but boo players or slag them off. Not really supporting is it?
hotwings

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby RV Casual » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:51 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
hotwings wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
moonboots wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:When I did my job and earned a fraction of the money that players do, I never did a lap of honour for my customers before my Summer holidays, and I like to think I did slightly better than an average job. Once upon a time a lap of honour was reserved for teams that had won something.

I don't think it is a lap of honour. Just a traditional end of season thank you to the fans. I think fans who have true feelings for the Club will stay behind for a couple of minutes to applaud the players for their efforts this season. Friday's effort was piss poor from the fans who pissed off.

Fans who have true feelings for the Club will stay behind to applaud the players for their efforts this season. Fridays effort was piss poor from the fans who pissed off?

This is a joke surely?

So your telling me that those that left at the final whistle don't have true feelings for the Club? Sorry mate, but that is absolute nonsense. I know blokes who have been going down there for 50 years supporting us in every division come rain or shine through all the doom and gloom who would not have bothered hanging around.

As it goes if I had been there on Friday I would have been off as soon an the final whistle went, can you tell me for what reason I would need to stay behind to clap the players for their efforts :lol: I can't get over that, their effort has been piss poor for a start, the players are not the 'Club' their a small part of it, a well paid part of it as it goes.

So those of us who have followed the club home and away spending thousands of pounds over 40 or 50 years are not true supporters unless we stay behind to applaud the players. What a load of rubbish.

He's got to be fishing for bites surely to god mate?

Some people would have supported that team all season home and away and many of them would have already renewed for next season to support a side that we, as of yet, have absolutely no idea whether or not they are going to be challenging or not, renewed out of a blind love for the Club they support year or year yet because they didn't stay around past 10 pm to clap the players that they have clapped and supported ALL SEASON they are no longer worthy of super fan status in the eyes of the 'look at me! look at me! brigade'. Pathetic.
RV Casual

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:02 am

RV Casual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
hotwings wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
moonboots wrote:

This is a joke surely?

He's got to be fishing for bites surely to god mate?

Some people would have supported that team all season home and away and many of them would have already renewed for next season to support a side that we, as of yet, have absolutely no idea whether or not they are going to be challenging or not, renewed out of a blind love for the Club they support year or year yet because they didn't stay around past 10 pm to clap the players that they have clapped and supported ALL SEASON they are no longer worthy of super fan status in the eyes of the 'look at me! look at me! brigade'. Pathetic.

I agree. There are loads like me who happily fork out a lot of money to back their team, and give them our vocal backing during the game. There are also plenty like me who have a life outside of football, and once the final whistle has blown will get away as quickly as possible to try and beat some of the traffic so that they can get back to their family and on with their life.
Steve Zodiak

Previous

Return to General Chat