Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our fans at the end of the game.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Disgrace call yourself Cardiff fans.

Re: Our fans at the end of the game.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:32 pm

Dahboy wrote:Disgrace call yourself Cardiff fans.

What happened?

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:37 pm

Beyond the usual lot leaving 10 minutes early, not sure what was done by "our fans" that was so bad? No one boo'd, etc...

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:42 pm

Loads slating Jazz out again then clearing off leaving the team do a lap of honour to a empty stadium.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:45 pm

A lap of honour, do me a favour.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:47 pm

A team in relegation spots, finished mid table doing a lap of honour after a humiliating second half and you have a pop at our fans.

Lap of honour what a joke.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:53 pm

It's a Friday night, doing anything after the game was silly. Don't think they really pushed the fact that a lap of honour was being done, either?

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:55 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:A team in relegation spots, finished mid table doing a lap of honour after a humiliating second half and you have a pop at our fans.

Oh yes how stupid of me, we should have been relegated.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:02 pm

The "lap of honour" was like most of the performances by the players over the last month or so - half arsed.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:17 pm

I stayed and clapped the team, because in my opinion they deserved it as no matter what anyone says in nearly every single game since Warnock came in, the players have given maximum effort and I know that some of them would be gutted to see people leave before they can say thank you to us for our support.

Tbh I'm not bothered if some of them didn't deserve the applause, 75% of them did so I stayed and clapped them off for the last time this season because it has been an interesting but also an entertaining season and that was down to those players that put in the effort.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:25 pm

TrueBlue99 wrote:I stayed and clapped the team, because in my opinion they deserved it as no matter what anyone says in nearly every single game since Warnock came in, the players have given maximum effort and I know that some of them would be gutted to see people leave before they can say thank you to us for our support.

Tbh I'm not bothered if some of them didn't deserve the applause, 75% of them did so I stayed and clapped them off for the last time this season because it has been an interesting but also an entertaining season and that was down to those players that put in the effort.

:clap:

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:32 pm

The team always do a lap of honour at the last home game I wondered what the players and Warnock thought no wonder it was half hearted looking at an almost empty stadium . well done the ones who stayed

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:24 am

I didn't stay as I had work early in morning hence why I'm putting this on at this time! ! And it was frigging freezing and no one's gonna clap me after my shift :lol:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:39 am

I always stay

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:26 am

Dahboy wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:A team in relegation spots, finished mid table doing a lap of honour after a humiliating second half and you have a pop at our fans.

Who said that emptyhead? If you care to read back and take in my.post I personally don't believe a lap of honour last night was warranted. If we'd had some semblance of success and pushed for play offs or a cup run I'd say yes.
I've clapped the team at every home game, at away games if you want to slag out our fans for not clapping a lap if honour that wasn't even announced in the programme, on the tannot before kick off or even at half time then carry on super fan.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:46 am

When I did my job and earned a fraction of the money that players do, I never did a lap of honour for my customers before my Summer holidays, and I like to think I did slightly better than an average job. Once upon a time a lap of honour was reserved for teams that had won something.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:13 am

I wouldn't call it a 'lap of honour' in our case. More a chance for players to thanks the fans for their support all season and fans to applaud the players efforts. It's something they do every last home game so don't see why they should have advertised it this season! Always annoys me when people leave before the end of the game but it's become so common I don't think there's much that can be done about it.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:30 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:When I did my job and earned a fraction of the money that players do, I never did a lap of honour for my customers before my Summer holidays, and I like to think I did slightly better than an average job. Once upon a time a lap of honour was reserved for teams that had won something.

happens at every single club and has done for years and years. its not a lap of honour,its a show of appreciation.
which no doubt if they for some reason didnt do there would be an outcry about how they only care about money and take us for granted.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:33 am

Blame the club not the fans.

The whole set up was almost geared for a "Newcastle Celebration" and no consideration for the home fans.

We gave them too many tickets, placed them in a prime position for TV coverage etc etc etc. No consideration for us at all.

Did not enjoy the game at all. Too many "fans" were busy talking, moving around, leaving early, trying to bring beer into the stands, Stewards by us did not have a fecking clue.

Barely heard our fans singing and almost thought I was at St James Park.

Club seemed more interested in making sure the away fans have a better time than us, letting the girl win the shoot out, reducing the catering at the back of the Family Stand for us.................and then we gave them the 3 points as well.

Cant wait until the start of next season when we get our normal attendances and I can enjoy a football match without the day trippers.

Did not stay at the end too watch the Geordie celebrations. Club need to start thinking about us
:old: :old:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:02 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Who said that? If you care to read back and take in my.post I personally don't believe a lap of honour last night was warranted. If we'd had some semblance of success and pushed for play offs or a cup run I'd say yes.
I've clapped the team at every home game, at away games if you want to slag out our fans for not clapping a lap if honour that wasn't even announced in the programme, on the tannoy before kick off or even at half time then carry on super fan.

How long you been watching football, teams always thank the supporters after every last home game. You don't have to announce it in the programme mate lol. Keep watching the egg.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:22 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Who said that dickhead? If you care to read back and take in my.post I personally don't believe a lap of honour last night was warranted. If we'd had some semblance of success and pushed for play offs or a cup run I'd say yes.
I've clapped the team at every home game, at away games if you want to slag out our fans for not clapping a lap if honour that wasn't even announced in the programme, on the tannot before kick off or even at half time then carry on super fan.

To be fair it was in the programme in warnocks notes and I did hear it on the tannoy at the end of match he ask if people could stay as the team would be back out shortly, but obviously people have their own reasons for leaving but it only lasted 5 mins so I wasn't bothered about losing that short amount of time, it's understandable though when people have work and need to get back.

Tbh at the end of the day it's down to the person, we shouldn't be called a disgrace because it's all our own opinions and choices.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:40 am

Not really a lap of honour though is it?

It's more a lap of thanks. A time for the players to get around and thank the fans. Every club will do one at their last home game.

I doubt the players really care who stays. And I couldn't really care iffans do or don't either. If I was there, I would've stayed.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:42 am

Dahboy wrote:Loads slating Jazz out again then clearing off leaving the team do a lap of honour to a empty stadium.

Loads slating Jizz again ??????? Now I'm lost

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:39 pm

Dahboy wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Who said that? If you care to read back and take in my.post I personally don't believe a lap of honour last night was warranted. If we'd had some semblance of success and pushed for play offs or a cup run I'd say yes.
I've clapped the team at every home game, at away games if you want to slag out our fans for not clapping a lap if honour that wasn't even announced in the programme, on the tannoy before kick off or even at half time then carry on super fan.

How long you been watching football, teams always thank the supporters after every last home game. You don't have to announce it in the programme mate lol. Keep watching the egg.

Do you cry every time someone has a different opinion to you or is it just in this case? Egg? 33 years watching Cardiff 16 as a season ticket holder. Hope that qualifys me under your "super fan" scheme you operate.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:31 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:When I did my job and earned a fraction of the money that players do, I never did a lap of honour for my customers before my Summer holidays, and I like to think I did slightly better than an average job. Once upon a time a lap of honour was reserved for teams that had won something.

I don't think it is a lap of honour. Just a traditional end of season thank you to the fans. I think fans who have true feelings for the Club will stay behind for a couple of minutes to applaud the players for their efforts this season. Friday's effort was piss poor from the fans who pissed off.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:55 pm

Every one of the grey people by me stayed to applaud. Till our bladders called us away.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:07 pm

moonboots wrote:

I don't think it is a lap of honour. Just a traditional end of season thank you to the fans. I think fans who have true feelings for the Club will stay behind for a couple of minutes to applaud the players for their efforts this season. Friday's effort was piss poor from the fans who pissed off.

Fans who have true feelings for the Club will stay behind to applaud the players for their efforts this season. Fridays effort was piss poor from the fans who pissed off?

This is a joke surely?

So your telling me that those that left at the final whistle don't have true feelings for the Club? Sorry mate, but that is absolute nonsense. I know blokes who have been going down there for 50 years supporting us in every division come rain or shine through all the doom and gloom who would not have bothered hanging around.

I didn't even go Friday as I had to work so what does that make me?

As it goes if I had been there on Friday I would have been off as soon an the final whistle went, can you tell me for what reason I would need to stay behind to clap the players for their efforts :lol: I can't get over that, their effort has been piss poor for a start, the players are not the 'Club' their a small part of it, a well paid part of it as it goes.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:41 am

I'm going to pop into the ticket office tomorrow and clap the staff in there, after all, they've given everything this season, I'm then going to go into the club shop and do the same.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:12 am

RV Casual wrote:
moonboots wrote:

Fans who have true feelings for the Club will stay behind to applaud the players for their efforts this season. Fridays effort was piss poor from the fans who pissed off?

This is a joke surely?

So your telling me that those that left at the final whistle don't have true feelings for the Club? Sorry mate, but that is absolute nonsense. I know blokes who have been going down there for 50 years supporting us in every division come rain or shine through all the doom and gloom who would not have bothered hanging around.

As it goes if I had been there on Friday I would have been off as soon an the final whistle went, can you tell me for what reason I would need to stay behind to clap the players for their efforts :lol: I can't get over that, their effort has been piss poor for a start, the players are not the 'Club' their a small part of it, a well paid part of it as it goes.

Shows the difference between supporters and spectators for me.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:20 am

hotwings wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
moonboots wrote:

This is a joke surely?

Shows the difference between supporters and spectators for me.

So those of us who have followed the club home and away spending thousands of pounds over 40 or 50 years are not true supporters unless we stay behind to applaud the players. What a load of rubbish.