Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whitts done

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:10 pm

Judging by his face as he was subbed he's done.

Re: Whitts done

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Agree it's time

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:17 pm

His clapping as he walked off, along with the look on his face, definitely suggested he's off.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:17 pm

Face like a smacked arse when going off.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:47 pm

City Slicker wrote:Face like a smacked arse when going off.

Probably because he shouldn't have been going off. Pilkington offers us nothing.

I did get the feeling he's gone, from how he clapped the fans. Something about this whole situation has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't feel like we should be clapping off a club legend in our last home game not knowing if that's the last time we'll see him in our shirt.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:26 pm

He looked gutted. He's barely had a game lately I'm not suprised. Not the best way to end your days with Cardiff.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:32 pm

He looked really pissed off and I feel for him,Ralls for Halford fair enough but your last 2 subs in the 60th odd minute not for me.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:22 pm

The man's a legend here and he didn't deserve to be subbed off, if that is his last appearance for us i'd be quite upset im not quite sure what Warnock thought that pilkington would offer us.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:30 pm

TrueBlue99 wrote:The man's a legend here and he didn't deserve to be subbed off, if that is his last appearance for us i'd be quite upset im not quite sure what Warnock thought that pilkington would offer us.

shit way to be treated .

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:30 pm

KWest wrote:
City Slicker wrote:Face like a smacked arse when going off.

Probably because he shouldn't have been going off. Pilkington offers us nothing.

I did get the feeling he's gone, from how he clapped the fans. Something about this whole situation has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't feel like we should be clapping off a club legend in our last home game not knowing if that's the last time we'll see him in our shirt.

Kaye, the manager calls the shots, not players and I think you're being a bit hard on Pilkington. He's no favourite of mine but he's not a bad player and he does offer something different to Whittingham.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:26 pm

Pilkington did well when he came on. Whitts had disappeared after half time and we were 2nd best at that point.

He had his moment. We got to clap him off.

Why does there always have to be a set up- let's just enjoy the players whilst they are here.

There's enough on his back when he's playing well.
When he's struggling then he should come off like any other player

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:54 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Pilkington did well when he came on. Whitts had disappeared after half time and we were 2nd best at that point.

Why does there always have to be a set up- let's just enjoy the players whilst they are here.

club legend {we havent exactly got many } special circumstances.
and taking him off did wonders.
absolutely shit decision.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:56 pm

dogfound wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Pilkington did well when he came on. Whitts had disappeared after half time and we were 2nd best at that point.

club legend {we havent exactly got many } special circumstances.
and taking him off did wonders.
absolutely shit decision.

Yep, conceded within literally minutes of taking him off!

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:58 pm

A few too many on here have rose tinted specs on, Whitts although a city legend was shite tonight and has been on a downward spiral for sometime, he should bow out gracefully and look at a coaching role!

Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:10 am

Unless Warnock knows something different then it's a shit way to treat a player that's given us so much. Bollocks to there shouldn't be no sentiment, anyone that has followed Cardiff city over the past 10 years cannot fault or question the quality or commitment to the cause he has given us. I really hope it's not his last game but if it is hats off to you whitts you've been a absolute joy to watch. Cardiff city legend. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:34 am

Wolfpac wrote:A few too many on here have rose tinted specs on, Whitts although a city legend was shite tonight and has been on a downward spiral for sometime, he should bow out gracefully and look at a coaching role!

this post stinks of the modern football fan attitude tbh. the complete opposite to rose coloured glasses.
i turn up week in week out to watch people do things i cant. if your then going to go down the rose coloured glasses / no sentiment in football route you obviously aint appreciated the 10 years of watching him. and wouldnt even appreciate if it was 10 years of messi or pele either. sad.
youd fit in well at the emirates .

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:39 am

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:Unless Warnock knows something different then it's a shit way to treat a player that's given us so much. Bollocks to there shouldn't be no sentiment, anyone that has followed Cardiff city over the past 10 years cannot fault or question the quality or commitment to the cause he has given us. I really hope it's not his last game but if it is hats off to you whitts you've been a absolute joy to watch. Cardiff city legend. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

If he wasn't subbed early he wouldn't have had the chance to say goodbye as he did and neither would have the fans as it would have been lost in the visitors celebrations.The other thing I noticed was NW walking in the opposite direction without any acknowledgement when he was came off unlike the others he subbed.Perhaps I'm looking into that too much.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:55 am

Quality player in his day. Not quite as effective as he used to be, but has given us some good memories.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:41 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:Unless Warnock knows something different then it's a shit way to treat a player that's given us so much. Bollocks to there shouldn't be no sentiment, anyone that has followed Cardiff city over the past 10 years cannot fault or question the quality or commitment to the cause he has given us. I really hope it's not his last game but if it is hats off to you whitts you've been a absolute joy to watch. Cardiff city legend. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

If he wasn't subbed early he wouldn't have had the chance to say goodbye as he did and neither would have the fans as it would have been lost in the visitors celebrations.The other thing I noticed was NW walking in the opposite direction without any acknowledgement when he was came off unlike the others he subbed.Perhaps I'm looking into that too much.

i dont think you are . no chemistry there whatsoever.
defo wont be here next season .eh oh another season of kick and rush on the horizon.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:06 am

Haha :lol:
commitment not in the tackle
commitment not in the50 / 50 ball
commitment to earn a fortune maybe
get in the real, world ffs , hes made a fortune out of playing for cardiff , and hes no longer worth the money hes on
he has been offered a new deal , its his decision if he dont take it
I say thanks whitts for all the times you did what you were handsomely paid to do by scoring / creating / and making brilliant passes , but age waits for no man your time with us is up
its warnocks time now youve been offered what warnock believes your worth to be a squad player ( you dont need the money anyway ) if its you or warnock that needs suppoting sorry its warnock for me
fans need to back warnocks decisions how ever hard they may seem and look at the bigger picture
so I say thanks again whitts but like all the greats weve had in the past your time is up :wave:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:06 am

Lets be honest, Whitts was a good player for us some 3 years ago, provided nothing since except for corners, penalties and free kicks. It is like playing with 10 men when he is in the side. Did absolutely nothing against Newcastle last night too slow, won't tackle won't head the ball. So come on all you sentimental fans get real, his time is up and he has to go. Thanks for the memories Whitts. :wave: :wave:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:19 am

King Brian Clark wrote:Lets be honest, Whitts was a good player for us some 3 years ago, provided nothing since except for corners, penalties and free kicks. It is like playing with 10 men when he is in the side. Did absolutely nothing against Newcastle last night too slow, won't tackle won't head the ball. So come on all you sentimental fans get real, his time is up and he has to go. Thanks for the memories Whitts. :wave: :wave:

A sensible post at last! This club needs to move into the future fast and Warnock is the future thank goodness. Good player in his day but not what we need now. Lovely bloke; I've met him but I'm not going to get weepy over a guy who earns as much in a week for playing a bit of football as do most real people who struggle with hard , shit awful, mind numbing mundane jobs of work.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:21 am

dogfound wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:A few too many on here have rose tinted specs on, Whitts although a city legend was shite tonight and has been on a downward spiral for sometime, he should bow out gracefully and look at a coaching role!

this post stinks of the modern football fan attitude tbh. the complete opposite to rose coloured glasses.
i turn up week in week out to watch people do things i cant. if your then going to go down the rose coloured glasses / no sentiment in football route you obviously aint appreciated the 10 years of watching him. and wouldnt even appreciate if it was 10 years of messi or pele either. sad.
youd fit in well at the emirates .

Modern football is all about money, whites is earning £20k a week ...yep he can do more than me on the pitch but he doesn't do enough to earn anywhere near that amount.... he has taken his money and time for him to move on....simple economics :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:24 am

I agree with all his detractors....Whitts in his prime wouldn't be a Warnock player, so an ageing Whitts will never be.

Most of us guessed it was his last home game, so with that in mind Warnock lost a few brownie points with a lot of fans, in the way he handled it a double f*cking substitution was crass.

IMO Warnock (we) got lucky with the emergence of Kenny, but teams have already been warned about his strengths and our front three haven't scored for an eternity.

I have moved even higher up the Ninian so i can see more of the ball, because its in the air far more than Slade, but thats OK because he was a clown.

I await to see how Warnock plays next season, but it certainly won't involve much passing.

Cheers Whitts, a true legend

retire #7 (for a few seasons) jersey

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:49 am

He s been great ,but I agree with lots of the posts ,,,,he s past it now ,lots of times the game just passed him by
Class championship player ,!royal city man ,but time to step out :wave:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:01 am

troobloo3339 wrote:Haha :lol:
get in the real, world ffs , hes made a fortune out of playing for cardiff , and hes no longer worth the money hes on
I say thanks whitts for all the times you did what you were handsomely paid to do by scoring / creating / and making brilliant passes , but age waits for no man your time with us is up
its warnocks time now youve been offered what warnock believes your worth to be a squad player ( you dont need the money anyway ) if its you or warnock that needs suppoting sorry its warnock for me
fans need to back warnocks decisions how ever hard they may seem and look at the bigger picture
so I say thanks again whitts but like all the greats weve had in the past your time is up :wave:

no idea what reason you became a football fan tbh.
his 10 full seasons at our club have coincided with our best 10 finishes in this league in the last 40 years. 4 wembley games. qualifying for the play offs 3 times.winning a championship and our only prem season. ALLthings that those of us that watched the previous 30 years could only dream of.
its been our most succesful period for nearly a hundred years.Whitts is the only constant in all of that but instead of having a hero youve got a hate figure. stark raving bonkers

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:16 am

troobloo3339 wrote:Haha :lol:

Well said .

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:34 am

Maybe Warnock should of shook his hand as our present manager it was his duty. Don't know what is going on behind the scenes with Whitts. Yes he was clearly emotional and that is normal after leaving your workplace after such a long time I was the same when I retired last year after 30 years in one place. But let's face it Whitts has become a millionaire thanks to Cardiff for doing a job we wish we could all do. He and we got the chance to say goodbye and thank you and that's what matters.
Yes he is a Cardiff Legend and I don't throw that about often when it comes to players, for that you have to show special qualities and dedication and pride in the Blue shirt.
Thanks Whitts Cardiff City legend :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:38 am

Whether he still warrants a place in the team is a different debate. I was just not impressed with the way he was taken off, he's been first class down the years surely he could've brought him off on his own so we could give him a proper thank you.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:05 am

We can't live in the past, Great player in his day but they have long gone, seems some on here would like to keep paying him good money for not doing a job instead of using the money on another younger hungrier player.
Bottom line is (as far as we know) Is HE who hasn't put pen to paper. Legend ? yes. Loyal ? remains to be seen.