Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Emyr Huws

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:10 pm

For me next season he has to be given a chance, performed superb for Ipswich and could be like a new signing for us (and save us a few quid in the market and spend it elsewhere position wise to strengthen the team)

Another great finish today and the loan seems to have worked well for the lad.....just hope he is still on Warnocks radar.

Re: Emyr Huws

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:26 pm

He took a pay cut to go out and play too, great attitude. I'd like to see him given a chance here. I think Ipswich will A. struggle to afford to buy him (only just bought him ourselves and his form would have done his value a world of good) and B. struggle to pay his wages (evidently as they wouldn't pay full for loan)

Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:01 pm

but was he happy at Cardiff? he had 1 or 2 chances and showed nothing actually I felt he didn't even try looked like he didn't want to be here . love to be wrong as he is welsh

Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:19 pm

He's reiterated today that he wants to move to Ipswich.

Let's hope they can come up with the fee - or have someone who we want in return

Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:23 pm

valleyrambill wrote:but was he happy at Cardiff? he had 1 or 2 chances and showed nothing actually I felt he didn't even try looked like he didn't want to be here . love to be wrong as he is welsh

Exactly one or two chances. That's nowhere near enough time. Let's look at Zohore for a recent example.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:56 pm

He's probably enjoying his football at Ipswich as he is playing regularly - and this may be why he has mentioned staying there beyond this season.

For me as we know Warnock has a nack of getting the best out of players, Huws will be back at city next season I'm sure, Warnock will have been monitoring his performances and took note he's been one of Ipswichs star performers since he arrived and want to give him a good pre season to show his worth.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:53 pm

Took his goal well today.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:29 pm

He's shown with Wales just how good he is and now proving it with Ipswich. I really hope Warnock gives him an opportunity.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:20 pm

valleyrambill wrote:but was he happy at Cardiff? he had 1 or 2 chances and showed nothing actually I felt he didn't even try looked like he didn't want to be here . love to be wrong as he is welsh

was happy enough with the move. not so happy not getting game time.
i dont consider playing in a very scratch team in the FA cup being given a chance. not a moan,its just how i see it and if our manager doesnt see his style fitting how he wants us to play sooner the better for all parties that he moves on.
real shame because i love having welshmen in the team.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:58 pm

We play totally different to Wales and the Trollope disaster.He is just to languid for Warnock IMO.

Horses for courses and he doesn't fit.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:00 pm

He doesn't fit, I can't see where he would fit in our current system. His good form though hopefully means we can get a fee and another off the wage bill.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:20 pm

Fabulous goal, he wasn't great here and doesn't want to play for us. Let's move on FFS, there's far better out there and that goes for a few others people are scared of losing. The future is bright, the future is Warnock :bluescarf:

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:26 pm

City Slicker wrote:Fabulous goal, he wasn't great here and doesn't want to play for us. Let's move on FFS, there's far better out there and that goes for a few others people are scared of losing. The future is bright, the future is Warnock :bluescarf:

more a case of doesnt want to be not playing for us .
who the feck wants to live in Ipswich ?

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:47 am

City Slicker wrote:Fabulous goal, he wasn't great here and doesn't want to play for us. Let's move on FFS, there's far better out there and that goes for a few others people are scared of losing. The future is bright, the future is Warnock :bluescarf:

He was never given a chance so who caan blame him for wanting guaranteed football. If Warnock wants him in the team he'll soon change his tone!

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:22 pm

nubbsy wrote:

He was never given a chance so who caan blame him for wanting guaranteed football. If Warnock wants him in the team he'll soon change his tone!

pretty sure your right. sometimes in life its clear for whatever reason your not wanted and its not just a case of trying harder.
personally i think his performances since leaving plus the self imposed wage cut prove he just wants to play.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:57 pm

waste of money and effort,let him go while his stock is high and use the money to go towards someone who wants to fight for his place in the team rather than just be given one

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:05 pm

We need Warnock to start talking about how he's looking forward to having him back in the squad. He's possibly Cardiff's most valuable player at present and we need to be talking up his value to us. I'd love to keep him but if he's going lets get the best deal we can for him. Don't be surprised to Huddersfield come in with a good offer if they go up.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Reza wrote:waste of money and effort,let him go while his stock is high and use the money to go towards someone who wants to fight for his place in the team rather than just be given one

you mean like Bamba,Hoilett and McGregor fought their way in.
the reality is a manager either rates a player or doesnt its something that isnt unique to football or sport either.
i do agree though that regarding his move to our club , so far we have had zero return and was part of a particularly poor transfer window.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Reza wrote:waste of money and effort,let him go while his stock is high and use the money to go towards someone who wants to fight for his place in the team rather than just be given one

The only waste about it was buying him and not giving him a chance, 45 minutes he had and then months later a cup game where the WHOLE team was utterly dreadful.