PLANET SWAMP

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PLANET SWAMP

Postby Big Ceri » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:40 am

I had a spare 5 mins yesterday and decided to have a browse on Planet Swamp at the 'mood music'.

I remember the pain that we went through and theirs seems a hell of a lot worse. I remember the shit we took from them and now the shoe is on the other foot.

I totally enjoyed that spare 5 mins - it cheered me up no end!

:bluebird:
Big Ceri

PLANET SWAMP

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: PLANET SWAMP

Postby AfricanBluebird » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:35 am

I had a look. Quite funny :lol:

This is how ridiculous and irrational us football fans are though... I took a look at planet swamp as you suggested but in 'incognito' mode as I didn't want it in my browser history!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
AfricanBluebird

Postby Sven » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:37 am

I'm not one to search other clubs Forums but this is good to hear :thumbup:

Deep down, they always knew the day would come but they were in denial in a sort of "tomorrow never comes" haze of temporary glory

It's not a 'done deal' yet, but the auspices are not looking too good and 64Jack (a decent guy is Mike) and Proud Jack (a clown) apart, they have gone incredibly quiet on here of late

Long may that continue :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:03 am

Sven wrote:I'm not one to search other clubs Forums but this is good to hear :thumbup:

Deep down, they always knew the day would come but they were in denial in a sort of "tomorrow never comes" haze of temporary glory

It's not a 'done deal' yet, but the auspices are not looking too good and 64Jack (a decent guy is Mike) and Proud Jack (a clown) apart, they have gone incredibly quiet on here of late

2 people that share the same photos/dna
dogfound

Postby Sven » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:06 am

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:I'm not one to search other clubs Forums but this is good to hear :thumbup:

2 people that share the same photos/dna

Nah, Mike (64Jack) is known to the Forum and is actually a top guy. He's as cheesed off as anyone with Proud Jack's antics and he alluded to that in a recent thread :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:15 am

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

2 people that share the same photos/dna[/qu

Nah, Mike (64Jack) is known to the Forum and is actually a top guy. He's as cheesed off as anyone with Proud Jack's antics and he alluded to that in a recent thread :thumbright:

hmm
dogfound

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:54 am

Sticks in the throat to say this but to last 6 years in the PL and win the League Cup is an amazing achievement for a club whose natural position would be League 1 at best.

They became complacent and when they sold out to the White Sox it was only time before the wheels came off. It is clear now that the £100m 'investment' was more to do with buying Jenkins shares than putting anything actually into the clubs coffers.

I can't see the American's bailing them out in the Championship and will probably sell everything which isn't nailed down so they get their money back before departing back across the Atlantic.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby dogfound » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Sticks in the throat to say this but to last 6 years in the PL and win the League Cup is an amazing achievement for a club whose natural position would be League 1 at best.

They became complacent and when they sold out to the White Sox it was only time before the wheels came off. It is clear now that the £100m 'investment' was more to do with buying Jenkins shares than putting anything actually into the clubs coffers.

I can't see the American's bailing them out in the Championship and will probably sell everything which isn't nailed down so they get their money back before departing back across the Atlantic.

not sure about this. it couldnt last forever could it?
and the old board jenkins ,morgan and co are not wealthy men in terms of football club owners and in no position to subsidise the club .so in theory they are better off with the yanks who do have mazoomas
dogfound

Postby sir ninian » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:18 pm

Proves how shit their team is when 2 of the top threads on there are as follows...
1-Thread on tomato's,where the poster wans to know if people prefer tinned tomato's or fresh.
2-Thread on there about croissants where the poster is livid because every croissant he ever gets is soggy!!
No wonder when it's been stuck up his sisters fanny for 3 day's. :bluebird:
sir ninian

Postby Charlie Harper » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:37 pm

I confess to having a read this season as when they lose, which is most weeks, they all start arguing amongst themselves and as they have a lot of idiots it's gets personal :D

Relegation will spell the end of the club and crowds of between 10-12000 and hopefully a few more relegations.
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby murphy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:35 pm

The funny thing is when they had a very good season a few years back finishing 8th some of their fans though they could push on from that and try and break into the top 6 and be a prem team forever.

Not all of their fans though that just some clueless ones who prob haven't been going there long.

If the likes of Villa, West Ham and Newcastle struggle to stay up there year in, year out then how are Swansea going too when they are more on par with Bournemouth.

Them morons who really thought they were something are now the ones who are struggling with the reality of supporting a flippin' shit club!

:lol:
murphy

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:15 pm

I have said a few times on here that these have been a great few years for Swansea. However, this is a temporary blip, and it won't be long before they return to their true level which is in the bottom two divisions. Their fans should be pleased that a small village club has been punching way above their weight for quite a while. In all honesty, I think there is more chance of them enjoying non league football in the next ten years than there is of us returning to the PL, and I don't expect us to be close to the top division any time soon.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:47 am

dogfound wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Sticks in the throat to say this but to last 6 years in the PL and win the League Cup is an amazing achievement for a club whose natural position would be League 1 at best.

and the old board jenkins ,morgan and co are not wealthy men in terms of football club owners and in no position to subsidise the club .so in theory they are better off with the yanks who do have mazoomas

It will cost at least £1m a month to subsidise the club in the Championship if we are anything to go by. The parachute payments will be swallowed up by settling existing contracts and other liabilities especially as other revenues will be hugely reduced.

The Americans didn't sign up to that, they were drawn by the mind blowing headline amounts being paid by Sky for participating in the world's richest league. They will soon find that the Championship is nothing but a minor after thought with no real pot of gold on offer which will COST THEM to play in.

Personally I don't think the American's have put anything like £100m into Swansea and the actual amount is much smaller.

However, they will not hang around throwing good money after bad. We have seen plenty of evidence of that with American owners at other clubs.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Hopski » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:27 am

Big Ceri wrote:I had a spare 5 mins yesterday and decided to have a browse on Planet Swamp at the 'mood music'.

I remember the pain that we went through and theirs seems a hell of a lot worse. I remember the shit we took from them and now the shoe is on the other foot.

I totally enjoyed that spare 5 mins - it cheered me up no end! :bluebird:

https://thejack.army/forums/global-sports.10/

This forum of theirs is even more entertaining
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Hopski

Postby SnackaJack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:48 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
dogfound wrote:

It will cost at least £1m a month to subsidise the club in the Championship if we are anything to go by. The parachute payments will be swallowed up by settling existing contracts and other liabilities especially as other revenues will be hugely reduced.

The Americans didn't sign up to that, they were drawn by the mind blowing headline amounts being paid by Sky for participating in the world's richest league. They will soon find that the Championship is nothing but a minor after thought with no real pot of gold on offer which will COST THEM to play in.

Personally I don't think the American's have put anything like £100m into Swansea and the actual amount is much smaller.

However, they will not hang around throwing good money after bad. We have seen plenty of evidence of that with American owners at other clubs.

There was never any investment into the club, it was a share sale not an investment, it was never meant to be anything else. Not sure why you thought otherwise?

Swansea have cemented themselves into PL history. Been there for over 20% of its lifespan, clubs outside the top 6 always get relegated now and again. But due to the parachute payments, the good ones go back up fairly quickly, it is the normal life cycle of a PL club. Will Swansea be one of those? We shall see.

The last decade has propelled the club forward though and have achieved more success than most clubs in Britain in living memory. Been a superb time, and may continue for a while longer yet. Who knows.
SnackaJack

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:24 am

SnackaJack wrote:
dogfound wrote:

There was never any investment into the club, it was a share sale not an investment, it was never meant to be anything else. Not sure why you thought otherwise?

Swansea have cemented themselves into PL history. Been there for over 20% of its lifespan, clubs outside the top 6 always get relegated now and again. But due to the parachute payments, the good ones go back up fairly quickly, it is the normal life cycle of a PL club. Will Swansea be one of those? We shall see.

The last decade has propelled the club forward though and have achieved more success than most clubs in Britain in living memory. Been a superb time, and may continue for a while longer yet. Who knows.

I feel your faith in your achievements over the last decade is brave tbh.

The ones that have gone back up have a lot more experience than Swansea such as the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland and West Ham. Even the likes of Hull, Norwich and Burnley are ahead of you.

Next season will be a real test for Swansea if you go down. You have had a decade of success but now face failure. Coming back from failure is a lot harder than maintaining success. I doubt your team will not be recognisable next year. Your best players will not hang around.

As you say we will see.
Bakedalasker

Postby SnackaJack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

The ones that have gone back up have a lot more experience than Swansea such as the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland and West Ham. Even the likes of Hull, Norwich and Burnley are ahead of you.

Next season will be a real test for Swansea if you go down. You have had a decade of success but now face failure. Coming back from failure is a lot harder than maintaining success. I doubt your team will not be recognisable next year. Your best players will not hang around.

As you say we will see.

Its not so much faith in achievements bakedalasker, I was just stating that the club has moved on leaps and bounds. The achievements have allowed us a first rate academy and top class training facilities, it has grown us as a club. No question.

Newcastle, Sunderland, West Ham are ahead of us in terms of size of club and what they can do when relegated. But I would certainly put us above the likes of Hull and Burnley and put us on par with Norwich, who will always be one of the faves in the Championship,

I don't see relegation as failure, genuinely. Not going back up within the first 2 seasons would be failure in my eyes. A relegation in the 6th season of PL football is exceeding expectations and the natural life-cycle of a club like ours. WBA would be the same.

I don't actually think our squad would change that much either, not our starting crop anyway, we are not a very good PL side this season as a result. Of our current starting 11 I can only see us losing Llorente, Gylfi and Fernandez... maybe Fer. Players like Gomis, Montero, Ki, Borja will be the ones making way, and ironically they are the ones that barely play.
SnackaJack

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:34 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

As you say we will see.

Its not so much faith in achievements bakedalasker, I was just stating that the club has moved on leaps and bounds. The achievements have allowed us a first rate academy and top class training facilities, it has grown us as a club. No question.

Newcastle, Sunderland, West Ham are ahead of us in terms of size of club and what they can do when relegated. But I would certainly put us above the likes of Hull and Burnley and put us on par with Norwich, who will always be one of the faves in the Championship,

I don't see relegation as failure, genuinely. Not going back up within the first 2 seasons would be failure in my eyes. A relegation in the 6th season of PL football is exceeding expectations and the natural life-cycle of a club like ours. WBA would be the same.

I don't actually think our squad would change that much either, not our starting crop anyway, we are not a very good PL side this season as a result. Of our current starting 11 I can only see us losing Llorente, Gylfi and Fernandez... maybe Fer. Players like Gomis, Montero, Ki, Borja will be the ones making way, and ironically they are the ones that barely play.

Fine lines is an expression used a lot in our game.

It will be interesting to see if you will adapt to Championship football next season if you come down. Get it slightly wrong and you will remain in it. It is not an easy league to get out off. Personally I think you will struggle. Saying that if I had to bet on you staying up or coming down then my money would be on you surviving.
Bakedalasker

Postby SnackaJack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Yeah agreed it is fine lines. We are opposite on this one though, I think we will go down (lost any semblance hope over the last 2 games) but would be disappointed if we didn't come back up within 2 seasons. We deserve to go down, no complaints on that here. Too much off the field drama unsettling the place added to a very poor succession of transfer windows.

For me, the teams that struggle when they go down are the ones that get decimated by departures as they are full of top quality that mentally won't drop down a league and those with a load of imports that are not used to the physicality. With Olsson, Mawson, Naughton, Britton, Routledge, Dyer, Carroll, Fer, Cork (potentially Bartley and Barrow to come back from loan) I think that is a decent nucleus of a team that knows the English game well and will know what that level of football is all about. Plus a manager that has experienced it before.
SnackaJack

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:35 pm

SnackaJack wrote:Yeah agreed it is fine lines. We are opposite on this one though, I think we will go down (lost any semblance hope over the last 2 games) but would be disappointed if we didn't come back up within 2 seasons. We deserve to go down, no complaints on that here. Too much off the field drama unsettling the place added to a very poor succession of transfer windows.

For me, the teams that struggle when they go down are the ones that get decimated by departures as they are full of top quality that mentally won't drop down a league and those with a load of imports that are not used to the physicality. With Olsson, Mawson, Naughton, Britton, Routledge, Dyer, Carroll, Fer, Cork (potentially Bartley and Barrow to come back from loan) I think that is a decent nucleus of a team that knows the English game well and will know what that level of football is all about. Plus a manager that has experienced it before.

A sensible post only problem I see is the age of some of those players routledge and Britton will be mid 30's some of the others approaching 30.

You mention the "first class" academy but has it blood enough youngsters to step up to championship level football?
WelshPatriot

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:43 pm

SnackaJack wrote:Yeah agreed it is fine lines. We are opposite on this one though, I think we will go down (lost any semblance hope over the last 2 games) but would be disappointed if we didn't come back up within 2 seasons. We deserve to go down, no complaints on that here. Too much off the field drama unsettling the place added to a very poor succession of transfer windows.

Clement might not survive and if he does the pressure will be on and a bad start next season will bring the axe. I really think you are underestimating the difficulties you will have next season the Championship and the players you name aren't going to get you promoted.

Plus the off the field problems will still be there as the Americans will not be happy seeing their money being wasted buying a second tier club and will be shocked when they realise the cost of subsidising a football club outside the PL.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:46 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

A sensible post only problem I see is the age of some of those players routledge and Britton will be mid 30's some of the others approaching 30.

You mention the "first class" academy but has it blood enough youngsters to step up to championship level football?

I think snackajack is woefully underestimating the problems which will be staring them in the face next season.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby SnackaJack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:03 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

Fair point, I think there is talk of Routledge converting to right back, which I personally have been calling for a little while now, this will suit his game better than the wing now he is getting on. Britton on the other hand is evergreen, honestly age does not really affect his game as it is not about pace. I think he will be the most important player should we go down. He obviously can't go on forever but he would certainly have the next 2 seasons of high quality.

As for our academy, no is the honest answer. But it is a long term thing. We just won the Premier League 2 by a mile and there are some excellent prospects in there Dan James is getting some backing for some first team game time and Oliver McBurnie is now seemingly preferred over redkrd signing Borja Baston so there are a few little gems in there. But the academy won't produce consistantly for many years.
SnackaJack

Postby SnackaJack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:05 pm

I think snackajack is woefully underestimating the problems which will be staring them in the face next season.

To be completely honest I think you are over egging them. Which tends to happen on these sites and perfectly understandable. The reality is we are in a decent position as far as a relegation side goes, I will certainly be backing us to bounce straight back and I dont part with my cash easily when it comes to the Swans :D
SnackaJack

Postby SnackaJack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:12 pm

Clement might not survive and if he does the pressure will be on and a bad start next season will bring the axe. I really think you are underestimating the difficulties you will have next season the Championship and the players you name aren't going to get you promoted.

Plus the off the field problems will still be there as the Americans will not be happy seeing their money being wasted buying a second tier club and will be shocked when they realise the cost of subsidising a football club outside the PL.

I am sure he will. Jenkins was reluctant to get rid of Bradley and said quite openly that changing the manager all the time is counter productive, we had to push the button in the end as it was glaringly obvious he was staggeringly out of his depth. Clement is of good pedigree and did a decent job for Derby (think they were 6th when sacked?). He is a little negative for me in the way he sets up his team but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

As I touched upon, I dont think they will need to subsidise anything. £60m is not a bad price at all for PL side, and not bad for a Championship side with the facilities we have also. Gylfi and Borja will be sold for £40m minimum and that is before we even get to Gomis, Ki, Montero, Llorente et al. There is also relegation clauses placed in the players contracts as confirmed in the latest Trust meeting. We are in as good a shape as we could hope for should relegation come.

Should we not go back up within 2 years however then you will be correct and the Americans will start to get twichy, but I firmly believe we would come back, and I am as realistic as they come.
SnackaJack

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:07 pm

SnackaJack wrote:

I am sure he will. Jenkins was reluctant to get rid of Bradley and said quite openly that changing the manager all the time is counter productive, we had to push the button in the end as it was glaringly obvious he was staggeringly out of his depth. Clement is of good pedigree and did a decent job for Derby (think they were 6th when sacked?). He is a little negative for me in the way he sets up his team but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

As I touched upon, I dont think they will need to subsidise anything. £60m is not a bad price at all for PL side, and not bad for a Championship side with the facilities we have also. Gylfi and Borja will be sold for £40m minimum and that is before we even get to Gomis, Ki, Montero, Llorente et al. There is also relegation clauses placed in the players contracts as confirmed in the latest Trust meeting. We are in as good a shape as we could hope for should relegation come.

Should we not go back up within 2 years however then you will be correct and the Americans will start to get twichy, but I firmly believe we would come back, and I am as realistic as they come.

We thought exactly the same when we came down, indeed our squad was labelled 'the best in the Championship' and despite still having a big nucleus of the Championship winning team we bombed. That £40m will soon be swallowed up and you will be up against big spenders all desperate to get out of this division. Also you don't own your ground which makes £60m well overpriced.

As for Clement he will be gone soon enough if by November (as I suspect) you are hovering around mid table.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby SnackaJack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:21 pm

SnackaJack wrote:

We thought exactly the same when we came down, indeed our squad was labelled 'the best in the Championship' and despite still having a big nucleus of the Championship winning team we bombed. That £40m will soon be swallowed up and you will be up against big spenders all desperate to get out of this division. Also you don't own your ground which makes £60m well overpriced.

As for Clement he will be gone soon enough if by November (as I suspect) you are hovering around mid table.

With respect you were never going to come back up. You had bundles of debt and you mist certainly did not have a good squad, it mustered the lowest points in the Premier League that year many of which then left. That £40m is on top of the parachute payments mind, as well as normal seasonal income. I can assure you the Americans would not have to fund anything in the parachute years. Owning your own ground doesn't mean a lot, Man City, and Inter Milan don't for starters. The key is the rights to income from the stadium. £60m is an absolute bargain for a company with assets in the £100's of millions with the potential for a yearly revenue stream of even more (Sigurdsson is worth half that alone). Just being realistic.

I certainly can't see Clement being sacked anytime soon.
SnackaJack

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:51 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
With respect you were never going to come back up. You had bundles of debt and you mist certainly did not have a good squad, it mustered the lowest points in the Premier League that year many of which then left. That £40m is on top of the parachute payments mind, as well as normal seasonal income. I can assure you the Americans would not have to fund anything in the parachute years. Owning your own ground doesn't mean a lot, Man City, and Inter Milan don't for starters. The key is the rights to income from the stadium. £60m is an absolute bargain for a company with assets in the £100's of millions with the potential for a yearly revenue stream of even more (Sigurdsson is worth half that alone). Just being realistic.

We were pre-season favourites with all the bookies to be promoted and should have been but we had terrible manager, in that I can see so many similarities with Clement. We had debt but it was all to the owner and he wasn't calling it in, indeed he gave OGS even more money to spend which he did very badly.

The parachute payments are the biggest myth in football. On paper they look very impressive and we were lucky in that we had 4 seasons worth when we came down. But in reality they get sucked away settling liabilities from the PL contracts and plugging the hole for the drop in income, even if you have relegation clauses in player contracts. The £40m you mention will also disappear fast especially if as I suspect your American owners take back some of their share investment. We received £26m for Steven Caulker, Gary Medel and Jordon Mutch and it didn't do us much good.

With respect you are no Man City or Inter Milan and absolutely no-one would buy you for £60m as a mid table Championship club who don't even own their own ground. You are showing the naivety that most relegated PL clubs display when believe they will bounce back quickly, just ask Blackburn, Aston Villa and Sheffield W fans how easy that is.

The fact is your skint and you know you are and I predict you will have a transfer embargo just like we did for breaching FFP at some point.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby SnackaJack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:25 pm

SnackaJack wrote:

We were pre-season favourites with all the bookies to be promoted and should have been but we had terrible manager, in that I can see so many similarities with Clement. We had debt but it was all to the owner and he wasn't calling it in, indeed he gave OGS even more money to spend which he did very badly.

The parachute payments are the biggest myth in football. On paper they look very impressive and we were lucky in that we had 4 seasons worth when we came down. But in reality they get sucked away settling liabilities from the PL contracts and plugging the hole for the drop in income, even if you have relegation clauses in player contracts. The £40m you mention will also disappear fast especially if as I suspect your American owners take back some of their share investment. We received £26m for Steven Caulker, Gary Medel and Jordon Mutch and it didn't do us much good.

With respect you are no Man City or Inter Milan and absolutely no-one would buy you for £60m as a mid table Championship club who don't even own their own ground. You are showing the naivety that most relegated PL clubs display when believe they will bounce back quickly, just ask Blackburn, Aston Villa and Sheffield W fans how easy that is.

The fact is your skint and you know you are and I predict you will have a transfer embargo just like we did for breaching FFP at some point.

I think you could have had Mourinho in charge and you wouldn't have gone back up. That is no slight on you, your team was not good enough and you had real off the field drama. Not to mention Tan had to cut his cloth accordingly as you were not up there long enough to save/build. OGS being a bad manager compounded that, but didnt cause it.

They are not a myth, they allow teams to keep hold of their good players. So the likes of Mawson, Olsson and Carroll we can probably now keep hold of, where as without the payments we would undoubtedly have to get rid. It allows us to keep the nucleus of our PL squad together.

You sold Medel, Caulker and Mutch but for years had over spent and reached £100m+ in debt. We have no debt and a cash income for players sold (Ayew, Williams, Bony) which is still payable year on year and continues into the Championship, this is on top of the guaranteed money we will get for out current PL stars.

I agree nobody would buy us for £60m as a mid table Championship side. But we arent - we are a PL side, one with £100's of millions in assets and will be in a great position to bounce right back with £100's of millions of guaranteed income streams. £60m is an absolute snip and the Americans profited from the old shareholders not being wealthy men and wanting to cash in. There is nothing naive about my view, I say it as I see it.

The last paragraph unfortunately took this from a semi sensible debate (if a little far fetched) to the absurd. We are about as far away from a transfer embargo as you can get for a club like us. We will be absolutely nowhere near breaching FFP rules. I am all for open and honest debate but that is just silly, or wishful thinking as it seems to be developing as.
SnackaJack

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:13 am

SnackaJack wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

I think you could have had Mourinho in charge and you wouldn't have gone back up. That is no slight on you, your team was not good enough and you had real off the field drama. Not to mention Tan had to cut his cloth accordingly as you were not up there long enough to save/build. OGS being a bad manager compounded that, but didnt cause it.

They are not a myth, they allow teams to keep hold of their good players. So the likes of Mawson, Olsson and Carroll we can probably now keep hold of, where as without the payments we would undoubtedly have to get rid. It allows us to keep the nucleus of our PL squad together.

You sold Medel, Caulker and Mutch but for years had over spent and reached £100m+ in debt. We have no debt and a cash income for players sold (Ayew, Williams, Bony) which is still payable year on year and continues into the Championship, this is on top of the guaranteed money we will get for out current PL stars.

I agree nobody would buy us for £60m as a mid table Championship side. But we arent - we are a PL side, one with £100's of millions in assets and will be in a great position to bounce right back with £100's of millions of guaranteed income streams. £60m is an absolute snip and the Americans profited from the old shareholders not being wealthy men and wanting to cash in. There is nothing naive about my view, I say it as I see it.

The last paragraph unfortunately took this from a semi sensible debate (if a little far fetched) to the absurd. We are about as far away from a transfer embargo as you can get for a club like us. We will be absolutely nowhere near breaching FFP rules. I am all for open and honest debate but that is just silly, or wishful thinking as it seems to be developing as.

Your latest accounts show a loss of £15million and your turnover is down year on year. Your next set of accounts will look even worst thanks to your American owners. Your not the stable well run club you once were.

Couple the operating losses with relegation and even with parachute payments you'll be struggling,you'll become a selling club and you won't get anywhere near your valuations on players as the tanks asset strip to recoup.
WelshPatriot

Next

Return to General Chat