Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' FK Sarajevo under control of Vincent Tan '

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:40 pm

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/04/0 ... ncent-tan/

Hello everyone,

First I want to apologize because my english is not perfect but I believe you will understand me.

I've registered on this forum to hear you opinion about situation in my club because as you know Vincent Tan is owner of FK Sarajevo also same as of Cardiff City FC.

Vincent Tan bought most of our club because he can not be 100% owner based on rules of our country. After he came here, everything was perfect. We had debts of around 3 mil euros, and he payed them off. He invested money to build academy, and he said people from Cardiff City will be here to teach our kids, and later we could sell them to your club or send them on loan to his other clubs. That did not happen, but academy is there. Results of academy are 2 players in our first eleven and one of biggest talents in europe, Nedim Hadzic. As we heard he is going to be sold to Benfica.

He invested more money in our club and we were able to loan Matej Delac from Chelsea FC, Mate Jajalo from FC Koln. We signed Milan Stepanov, player who used to be central back of FC Porto for few years. We brought Ikande who was youngster of AC Milan.

We won one Cup and we became champions two years ago.

But we were surprised that Vincent Tan was in this city only two times. He sent some Malesian people here to keep control, but that did not happen. In fact, people from our country took control over club, finances and everything. They started to steal money and we had "war" with them. Two of most important persons in that time were Dino Selimovic and Abdulah Ibrakovic. They resigned from their positions under pressure of us (fans).

We tought things will be better, but than people from our board came and said WE DO NOT HAVE MONEY FOR SIGNINGS. That can not be truth, because as we know, we have deal with Vincent Tan that every year he is going to invest 4mil, and we sold 3 players in total of around 3mil euros.

Point of this what I am writing here is to see, is there any way that we (fans) can reach someone close to Vincent Tan or something like that, and present him how do WE feel, because we do not believe our board is sending him right reports.

Probably for you guys, these amounts are funny, because you sell and buy players for lot of more money, but salaries here for football players are around 2 or 3k euros.

By the way, as supporter of FK Sarajevo (our color is maroon and our arch rivals has blue colors), I support you and your demands of getting your color and club back to you,

Thank you for reading this and I hope you will give me some smart advices what we could do as supporters

Best regards

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/04/0 ... ncent-tan/

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: FK Sarajevo under control of Vincent Tan

Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:27 am

We (Cardiff) fans could never get near Tan. I feel for you as sounds like a similar scenario we are told our board wrongly advise him too. Big coincidence??

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:52 pm

Where do we begin.....I think he is finally learning how to run a club, finally got us a decent manager again.
I guess a protest will filter back to him?? When he bought you he said he happy to get a club who appreciated him, a sly dig at us after he split our fan base and almost killed our club as we knew it...... :blue scarf:

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/04/0 ... ncent-tan/ :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:57 pm

Welcome :thumbright:

I have met Vincent Tan on three occasions.

One of the meetings Myself and Carl were able to speak to him for three hours without others being able to but in and be all over him.
Tan, listened and seemed very respectful at the time,but then others in our club told him our fans were happy with the rebrand etc.

The problem we had and do have at Cardiff to many people/staff/fans bowed to his every word and some for their own means backed Tan totally for our disgracefull and dispacable stripping of our proud identity. It all ended in tears and we have never really recovered from it all.

We were lied to/blackmailed and fan turned against fan.

When about 90% of our fan base finally united we got back most of our identity.

There are still a minority who still love him,no matter what he did to our club.

A Football Club to him is a toy and to us a Football Club is part of our lives.

Our club was in turmoil,its slowly recovering.

What I have read about your fans and nearly the majority of other clubs, you won't roll over and if you start going to the press/demonstrations etc and get organised he will finally have to take notice :thumbright: :thumbright:

GOOD LUCK :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ' FK Sarajevo under control of Vincent Tan '

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:15 pm

The only method 100% likely to get your point across is a mass boycott of a match and a protest outside the stadium.

It's what we should have done from day 01 as we wasted a lot of time messing around having our voices fall on deaf ears.

:bluebird:

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:16 pm

nubbsy wrote:The only method 100% likely to get your point across is a mass boycott of a match and a protest outside the stadium.

It's what we should have done from day 01 as we wasted a lot of time messing around having our voices fall on deaf ears.

Jack a lot of truth in that,but many of our fans were threatened in the early stages by Tans Red Brigade, from the Municipal club to many away games.

Also in the Cardiff City stadium at the first ever meetings with the CEO. I witnessed it myself, Thats why Dave Sugarman and Tracey quit watching City for many years.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:26 pm

Hundreds of Fans wearing red shirts were standing outside ground with baseball bats threatening fans to accept the change of colour! !!!!! :thumbup:

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Hundreds of Fans wearing red shirts were standing outside ground with baseball bats threatening fans to accept the change of colour! !!!!! :thumbup:

Strewth mate were you threatened,i never knew about this :o :shock: :shock:

I knew Tan''s lot were bullies, this is taking it to far.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Hundreds of Fans wearing red shirts were standing outside ground with baseball bats threatening fans to accept the change of colour! !!!!! :thumbup:

Bloody hell Allan, you talk some crap on here sometimes :lol:

You were never bothered about the Rebrand, but many of us were and were hurt badly by it.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:40 pm

Well said annis cardiff city fc the bluebirds. Was shut down for 2 years even crisis clubs Coventry and Portsmouth haven't had to endure that.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:The only method 100% likely to get your point across is a mass boycott of a match and a protest outside the stadium.

Jack a lot of truth in that,but many of our fans were threatened in the early stages by Tans Red Brigade, from the Municipal club to many away games.

Also in the Cardiff City stadium at the first ever meetings with the CEO. I witnessed it myself, Thats why Dave Sugarman and Tracey quit watching City for many years.

I wish I'd been there when these bullies piped up and tried to tell people what to think and do! They don't deserve to support our club and I don't know who they are but I hope they don't go anymore.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:25 pm

skiprat wrote:Well said annis cardiff city fc the bluebirds. Was shut down for 2 years even crisis clubs Coventry and Portsmouth haven't had to endure that.

I 100% agree our club was virtually dead during the Rebrand years and to many it was dead :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:41 pm

It amazes me what little interest Tan shows in the football clubs he has bought.

I thought he bought Sarajavo to become a feeder club to Cardiff once we were premier material. Well the later never happened, most likely won't with him as owner, and he just simple has lost interest in it all.

A lot here are saying he has left too much responsibility to the people here and has had his fingers burnt. So he has brought in trusted allies to ru the show. Unfortunately these allies are good buisnessmen but know nothing about football. I'm not too sure if that is the same at Sarajevo. Sounds like it is not far off.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:42 pm

I was always quite surprised about the bully tactics, probably the most shameful period in our history and those fans must now feel ashamed at such actions?? If they still go even heard that gwyn bloke packed it in?? After all those years....what a tragic exit if true..... :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:21 pm

goats wrote:I was always quite surprised about the bully tactics, probably the most shameful period in our history and those fans must now feel ashamed at such actions?? If they still go even heard that gwyn bloke packed it in?? After all those years....what a tragic exit if true..... :bluescarf:

The bullying went both ways, gwyn goes every match in the grandstand

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:25 pm

wez1927 wrote:
goats wrote:I was always quite surprised about the bully tactics, probably the most shameful period in our history and those fans must now feel ashamed at such actions?? If they still go even heard that gwyn bloke packed it in?? After all those years....what a tragic exit if true..... :bluescarf:

Both ways? Well I know for a fact that one way it went down to threatening the kids over phone calls.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:28 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Both ways? Well I know for a fact that one way it went down to threatening the kids over phone calls.

Ian, Wez was not around during those years and it really was all one sided as you know as well. :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Ian, Wez was not around during those years and it really was all one sided as you know as well. :bluescarf:

Not about :lol: it went both ways annis and you know it did ,thankfully in the past now but it seems that this board and especially you like to bring it up isnt it time to move on ?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:55 pm

Hello guys,

Thank you for your support.

Just want to say that this what I've said isn0t official statement of our supporters, but we all share this opinion.

We were protesting against our board, and some members of it left the board, but what makes us confused and pretty angry is that we don't hear anything from Vincent about our club. I don't say he is bad guy or whatever, so far we can say he is the best thing that happend to us since he payed off our debts, invested in our academy and brought some financial staibility for some period to our club. But question is where is all that money?

For money he invested in our club we expected to have some decent signings at least.

FK Sarajevo has big army of supporters, but we want success because we are biggest club in Bosnia and Herzegovina. We want some answers, and I hope that Sir Vincent Tan will pay more attention to FK Sarajevo.

This is who we are Sir Vincent Tan!

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:13 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Not about :lol: it went both ways annis and you know it did ,thankfully in the past now but it seems that this board and especially you like to bring it up isnt it time to move on ?

Wez, I 100% never had anything to do with starting this topic, so it's not me bringing it back up.

You started Tans committee in a Topic the only the other day did you not :lol:

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:14 pm

Ultrajvosa wrote:Hello guys,

Thank you for your support.

Just want to say that this what I've said isn0t official statement of our supporters, but we all share this opinion.

We were protesting against our board, and some members of it left the board, but what makes us confused and pretty angry is that we don't hear anything from Vincent about our club. I don't say he is bad guy or whatever, so far we can say he is the best thing that happend to us since he payed off our debts, invested in our academy and brought some financial staibility for some period to our club. But question is where is all that money?

For money he invested in our club we expected to have some decent signings at least.

FK Sarajevo has big army of supporters, but we want success because we are biggest club in Bosnia and Herzegovina. We want some answers, and I hope that Sir Vincent Tan will pay more attention to FK Sarajevo.

This is who we are Sir Vincent Tan!

Your very welcome, I will support any club/ fans against Tan if he has done them or you wrong :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez, I 100% never had anything to do with starting this topic, so it's not me bringing it back up.

Tans signings are doing great recently :lol: your not around anymore so you opinion doesnt count ,only joking :lol:

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:23 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Tans signings are doing great recently :lol: your not around anymore so you opinion doesnt count ,only joking :lol:

:lol: :thumbup: :bluebird:

Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:34 am

Bakedalasker wrote:It amazes me what little interest Tan shows in the football clubs he has bought.

I thought he bought Sarajavo to become a feeder club to Cardiff once we were premier material. Well the later never happened, most likely won't with him as owner, and he just simple has lost interest in it all.

A lot here are saying he has left too much responsibility to the people here and has had his fingers burnt. So he has brought in trusted allies to ru the show. Unfortunately these allies are good buisnessmen but know nothing about football. I'm not too sure if that is the same at Sarajevo. Sounds like it is not far off.

Businessmen are not always the most honest of people and it happened before when Sam H was turned over by the Riddler and PMG.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:
skiprat wrote:Well said annis cardiff city fc the bluebirds. Was shut down for 2 years even crisis clubs Coventry and Portsmouth haven't had to endure that.

I 100% agree our club was virtually dead during the Rebrand years and to many it was dead :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

This is spot on our club was.no longer trading during the rebrand. Hence why promotion eas not like any other promotion i have celebrated before it. Thr club is still recovering but we are getting there

Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:

So what exactly happened? We get plenty of innuendo but not much fact.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:46 am

boyo1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

This is spot on our club was.no longer trading during the rebrand. Hence why promotion eas not like any other promotion i have celebrated before it. Thr club is still recovering but we are getting there

Agreed it is a nonsense to claim the 'club closed down' for two and half years whilst we played in red. It is also a nonsense to claim that there was a sizable section of the fan base who were fanatical about wanting to play in red.

The truth is a large amount of our support realised it was the most pragmatic way ahead considering the club was on it's knees financially. We can argue all day about the way it was done (gun to the head) which is universally accepted as wrong, but to save our club we had to endure a period of pain to rectify the overspending years of Ridsdale and Hammam.

If in the year 2021 this club emerges debt free and playing in blue (even maybe playing in the PL) then those pragmatic supporters would have been proved right. History will be the judge.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:00 pm

Tan has mixed views on here and rightly so, the rebrand was a disaster for the fans especially some of the hard core fans. Although in red we got to the prem and had sell out crowds everywhere. if we had stayed in the prem we would probably still be in red and Tan would have got away with it from his point of view.

I think Tan over the years has trusted the wrong managers, wrong CEO's and generally the wrong people. We wasted a hell of a lot of money and a lot of mistakes were made throughout the club. We aren't the only club to make mistakes though with the wrong managers and wrong signings.

However for me its all about what he is going to do going forward, personally I 100% believe he is the right person for us. We seem to be wiping off the debt and making the cut backs needed throughout the club. I want us to be self sufficient and not have to rely on Tan investing. In Warnock we have a manager who I hope can be trusted with whatever money is available. For me going forward we are doing the right things so no matter of my opinion on Tan I fully believe that the future is brightest under the current regime.

I can understand why some fans want him gone at any cost however the grass isn't always greener and would leave the future of the club totally up in the air. Sometimes its better the devil you know.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Tan has mixed views on here and rightly so, the rebrand was a disaster for the fans especially some of the hard core fans. Although in red we got to the prem and had sell out crowds everywhere. if we had stayed in the prem we would probably still be in red and Tan would have got away with it from his point of view.

I think Tan over the years has trusted the wrong managers, wrong CEO's and generally the wrong people. We wasted a hell of a lot of money and a lot of mistakes were made throughout the club. We aren't the only club to make mistakes though with the wrong managers and wrong signings.

However for me its all about what he is going to do going forward, personally I 100% believe he is the right person for us. We seem to be wiping off the debt and making the cut backs needed throughout the club. I want us to be self sufficient and not have to rely on Tan investing. In Warnock we have a manager who I hope can be trusted with whatever money is available. For me going forward we are doing the right things so no matter of my opinion on Tan I fully believe that the future is brightest under the current regime.

I can understand why some fans want him gone at any cost however the grass isn't always greener and would leave the future of the club totally up in the air. Sometimes its better the devil you know.

I'm still not sure what Tan's plans are. He is very quiet at the moment, and we still have massive debts. I suppose we will have a better idea when we see what sort of players are brought in during the Summer. I don't feel any more confident of a promotion push than I did at the start of this season. The only advantage we have is that at least we will have a decent manager here this August. I am not convinced that this club is in a position to be seriously challenging the top few teams next season, and I still think that the priority here is maintaining Championship status while reducing debts, the same as it was at the begining of this season. We will know one way or the other in the next couple of months.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Tan has mixed views on here and rightly so, the rebrand was a disaster for the fans especially some of the hard core fans. Although in red we got to the prem and had sell out crowds everywhere. if we had stayed in the prem we would probably still be in red and Tan would have got away with it from his point of view.

I'm still not sure what Tan's plans are. He is very quiet at the moment, and we still have massive debts. I suppose we will have a better idea when we see what sort of players are brought in during the Summer. I don't feel any more confident of a promotion push than I did at the start of this season. The only advantage we have is that at least we will have a decent manager here this August. I am not convinced that this club is in a position to be seriously challenging the top few teams next season, and I still think that the priority here is maintaining Championship status while reducing debts, the same as it was at the begining of this season. We will know one way or the other in the next couple of months.

I don't think anyone knows Tan's actual plans. All I can think of is he might be biding his time and hoping that the fad of Chinese Billionaires buying up clubs will come his way and he gets most of his cash back. :?