WARNING SENSITIVE PHOTO " SEAMUS COLEMAN INJURY "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:07 pm

Horrible injury. Martin O'Neill confirms Northern Irelands Captain Seamus Coleman has broken his leg.

Wish him all the best.

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d9MXee_lKo :shock:

IMG_1677.JPG
IMG_1677.JPG (146.69 KiB) Viewed 6842 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WARNING SENSITIVE PHOTO " SEAMUS COLEMAN INJURY "

Postby Egdun » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:09 pm

FFs , that's terrible, all the best coleman
Egdun

Postby blueheaven » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:29 pm

Horrendous injury but i think it was more a result of the way he fell rather than the actual tackle which was slightly late but i have seen far worse.

Best Wishes to Coleman for a full recovery :old:
blueheaven

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:38 pm

That's awful. Wish him all the best for a speedy recovery from this.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Dahboy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Is this a joke it didnt lokk that bad ffs.
Dahboy

Postby Wayne S » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:58 pm

blueheaven wrote:..... i think it was more a result of the way he fell rather than the actual tackle.....

But he hasn't hit the deck yet and that leg somehow doesn't look right. :lol:
Wayne S

Postby Dahboy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:03 pm

Never a sending off, Taylor's nowhere near him on that pic.
Dahboy

Postby blueheaven » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:20 pm

Wayne S wrote:
blueheaven wrote:..... i think it was more a result of the way he fell rather than the actual tackle.....

TBH I think it is one of those ones where is studs have stuck in the pitch and his momentum has taken him forward resulting in the break. I honestly think the tackle was a yellow card but the crowd reaction and the fact that he had just booked Bale for what was probably a worse challenge resulted in the red for Taylor.

Again best wishes to Coleman :old:
blueheaven

Postby nubbsy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:53 am

blueheaven wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

TBH I think it is one of those ones where is studs have stuck in the pitch and his momentum has taken him forward resulting in the break. I honestly think the tackle was a yellow card but the crowd reaction and the fact that he had just booked Bale for what was probably a worse challenge resulted in the red for Taylor.

Again best wishes to Coleman :old:

I think what resulted in Taylor getting sent was a horrendously timed tackle that snapped colemans leg clean in half.

"the way he fell" lol
nubbsy

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:12 am

Seamus Coleman suffers broken leg in Republic of Ireland draw

BBC

Republic of Ireland skipper Seamus Coleman suffered a broken leg in his side's goalless draw with Wales at the Aviva Stadium.

The Everton defender, 28, was given oxygen before being carried off following the challenge with Neil Taylor, who was sent off.

The incident happened midway through the second half of the important World Cup qualifier.

Republic manager Martin O'Neill said the defender suffered a "bad break".

Listen: Taylor's tackle on Coleman 'out of character'

'All our thoughts are with Seamus' - Wales boss Coleman

"Seamus has gone to hospital, it's been confirmed by a doctor that he has broken his leg," added O'Neill.

"Obviously, it's a real blow to him. He's having the season of a lifetime at club level. He's a big player for us, a great captain and a great character.

"It's a big loss to Everton, a big loss to us. But he'll fight back I hope. It puts things in perspective."

Christie's 'shock' at Coleman injury
Wales manager Chris Coleman said defender Taylor was "despondent" following the game.

"First and foremost, the most important thing is Seamus Coleman," he said. "We are told that it is not so good, which we are sorry for.

"Neil Taylor is not really that type of player, but it's a tough one for Seamus. Our thoughts are with him. I have not seen it again."

Everton return to Premier League action with the Merseyside derby against Liverpool at Anfield on Saturday, 1 April.

Everton midfielder James McCarthy was scheduled to start for the Republic, but was withdrawn from the team-sheet before kick-off due to a hamstring injury.

"He thought he was going to be OK with the couple of days (training) he had done," added O'Neill. "He was feeling it and I just didn't want to take any chances."

The draw in Dublin meant the Republic missed out on returning to the top of Group D, after Serbia beat Georgia earlier on Friday, with Wales four points behind in third.

Gareth Bale twice went close for Wales from long range, but the visitors had to withstand a spell of heavy pressure following Taylor's sending off.

Wales will also be without Real Madrid forward Bale when they visit Serbia on 11 June after he was booked for a foul on John O'Shea.

The Republic's next Group D qualifier is at home to Austria, also on 11 June.
Attachments
_95312001_coleman_rex.jpg
_95312001_coleman_rex.jpg (58.37 KiB) Viewed 5639 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:19 am

Neil Taylor
Attachments
C7v18BqXwAAtY7A.jpg
C7v18BqXwAAtY7A.jpg (93.95 KiB) Viewed 5594 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:49 am

Boss Chris Coleman says "all thoughts," are with Republic of Ireland defender Seamus Coleman after he broke his leg during Friday's 0-0 draw with Wales.
Attachments
_95311913_gettyimages-657436992.jpg
_95311913_gettyimages-657436992.jpg (55.61 KiB) Viewed 5257 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby KWest » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:16 am

The tackle was horrible, and anyone stating otherwise is fooling themselves. If the same tackle had been made the other way round, these same people would be out for blood.

Have most people even seen the full replay? Taylor not only wiped him out with a dangerous foot, but he also followed through dangerously with his second foot. Coleman is lucky both his legs didn't get snapped, which is how it actually looked in the initial footage.

There's no defending Neil Taylor.
KWest

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:21 am

Attachments
Seamus-Coleman-ireland-wales-football-soccer-video-shock-tackle-599793.jpg
Seamus-Coleman-ireland-wales-football-soccer-video-shock-tackle-599793.jpg (51.76 KiB) Viewed 4946 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby englishbluebird » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:37 am

Neil Taylor is not a nasty lad but he got caught upin the heat of the moment and it was a terrible challenge.People saying its how he fell etc need their heads testing. Thoughts are with Seamus Coleman, could be a career ender sadly
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:47 am

Terrible tackle which certainly deserved a straight red. I am sure some of the comments on here would be the complete opposite if a Welsh player had been on the receiving end of such a bad challenge.
Steve Zodiak

Postby KWest » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:57 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:I am sure some of the comments on here would be the complete opposite if a Welsh player had been on the receiving end of such a bad challenge.

Absolutely right, Steve. They'd be calling for extended bans.
KWest

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:22 pm

Deserved red card for challenge alone! but looking at it couple of times it appears damage done with the combined force of Taylor challenge and Coleman kicking ball at same time ? Totally needless challenge by Taylor!!! :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Dahboy wrote:Never a sending off, Taylor's nowhere near him on that pic.

I've got to be fair, you're embarrassing beyond on occasion! :roll: :oops: :oops:

Why can't you (just for once) have something sensible to say about such an incident? :?

No one believes Neil Taylor set out to do that but it was 100% a reckless challenge that deserved a Red Card and has now ended what was a super season for Seamus Coleman and may affect his career going forward! :cry:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby DandoCCFC » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:54 pm

I don't think you need to defend Taylor for the tackle, he has mistimed a tackle and it happens so I don't know why Kwest is saying there's no defending Taylor.

Tackles are part of the sport, some are clean and some are dangerous... Taylor obviously never wanted Coleman to end up the way he did.

Horrific tackle it is and he got his red card, so what's the real problem?

For me dangerous tackles are always gonna happen and it is sad when a player is on the receiving end and ends up with a long term injury.

I think people read too much into incidents like this, it's part of the game it's a contact sport.. Torres got knocked out a few weeks ago, Cech has to wear a scrum cap every game for the rest of his career, if people are gonna keep moaning about these incidents then just go watch sports that has no contact, simple.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Woodville Willie » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:17 am

Let's just remember that Taylor has suffered a horrible injury in the past and so realises the pain and the heartache it causes when a pro sportsman is effectively "taken out of the game" for a long time. He isn't a dirty player, but I woundn't defend the tackle as it was completely out of control and extremely badly timed.

Best wishes to Coleman. Nobody wants to see that sort of thing on the football field.
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:48 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:Let's just remember that Taylor has suffered a horrible injury in the past and so realises the pain and the heartache it causes when a pro sportsman is effectively "taken out of the game" for a long time. He isn't a dirty player, but I woundn't defend the tackle as it was completely out of control and extremely badly timed.

Best wishes to Coleman. Nobody wants to see that sort of thing on the football field.

Bad tackle but not deliberately set out to hurt him! Some comments about it are way OTT along with way Wales played (rough) Ireland were just as guilty! :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Woodville Willie » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:Let's just remember that Taylor has suffered a horrible injury in the past and so realises the pain and the heartache it causes when a pro sportsman is effectively "taken out of the game" for a long time. He isn't a dirty player, but I woundn't defend the tackle as it was completely out of control and extremely badly timed.

Bad tackle but not deliberately set out to hurt him! Some comments about it are way OTT along with way Wales played (rough) Ireland were just as guilty! :roll:

100% Allan!! Way over the top comments about his intentions and our style of play.
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Return to General Chat