Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Police armed with Taser guns on the streets of Cardiff

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:57 pm

Police armed with Taser guns on the streets of Cardiff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Police armed with Taser guns on the streets of Cardiff

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Should have guns!

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Had guns in the Hayes the other day.....will be standard procedure soon.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Police carrying guns routinely will make me feel a whole lot safer, it's well overdue :thumbup:

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:44 pm

It'll be great to see armed police, the cowardly scum won't like that one bit :thumbup:

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Haven't they carried tasers for a while?

Armed police at the ccs not long ago too. Personally I'm happy with more police being armed around the city center.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:29 pm

nubbsy wrote:Haven't they carried tasers for a while?

Armed police at the ccs not long ago too. Personally I'm happy with more police being armed around the city center.

Yes lot more police authorised to use tazers who are not firearms officers, Regularly see them at events like city and in town centre. :thumbup:

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Should have a total reshuffle in the joke of our police forces. I remember when you had to be 5ft 11" and lean too. The other day I saw this woman cop she was at least 4ft 9" and fat as lard. My 2 year old would out sprint that fat cop.

Should have guns.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Yes lot more police authorised to use tazers who are not firearms officers, Regularly see them at events like city and in town centre. :thumbup:

A terrorist with a AK47 will run a mile when he sees a cop with a tazer.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:59 pm

Dahboy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

A terrorist with a AK47 will run a mile when he sees a cop with a tazer.

We were talking in general terms about tazers nothing to do with terrorists :thumbup:

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:32 pm

Great idea, let's turn into america when someone innocent gets shot by the police everyday

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:53 pm

antill_dunning wrote:Great idea, let's turn into america when someone innocent gets shot by the police everyday

We should bring back hanging too. Live every Thursday ten past nine channel 4, and a different venue every week.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:56 am

antill_dunning wrote:Great idea, let's turn into america when someone innocent gets shot by the police everyday

It won't end up like that though. I'm just talking about a slightly higher armed presence around city centers. They already have armed police regulary in London train stations, it's nothing new.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:12 am

The police officer who tasered a man who had killed his girlfriend at a hotel near Blackwood and was chewing on her face is suspended while an investigation takes place.

The man who was well known to the police was high as a kite and had to be tasered 3 times to stop him. 20 minutes later he died.

This police officer should be commended not suspended and investigated as to why he used his taser 3 times.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:21 am

Magners wrote:The police officer who tasered a man who had killed his girlfriend at a hotel near Blackwood and was chewing on her face is suspended while an investigation takes place.

The man who was well known to the police was high as a kite and had to be tasered 3 times to stop him. 20 minutes later he died.

This police officer should be commended not suspended and investigated as to why he used his taser 3 times.

If he had been carrying a gun the guy could have been despatched instantaneously and the threat of some other poor innocent being harmed would have been eliminated. Routinely armed police are prevalent throughout the world and it's not considered a big issue in the likes of Switzerland and Norway. USA is a special case with complex issues, the good guys being armed doesn't automatically cause the festering problems seen in America.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:56 pm

Magners wrote:The police officer who tasered a man who had killed his girlfriend at a hotel near Blackwood and was chewing on her face is suspended while an investigation takes place.

If correct what was on news the guy got tazered 1st then handcuffed but he was still fighting mad so was tazered twice more to subdue him! not surprising he died but not because of tazer but it could be amphetamine related apparently! :roll:

Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:14 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

If correct what was on news the guy got tazered 1st then handcuffed but he was still fighting mad so was tazered twice more to subdue him! not surprising he died but not because of tazer but it could be amphetamine related apparently! :roll:

You have the right article, it was on the news.

The guys death is probably drug related.

My point is why suspend the police officer for doing his job.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:07 pm

Magners wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

You have the right article, it was on the news.

The guys death is probably drug related.

My point is why suspend the police officer for doing his job.

After every incident involving death or firearms being used there's an auto taken off duty rule! Not fair but until inquest over guess he will stay off duty :o