UPDATED Awful ticket sales for Kevs testimonial

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby grange_end1927 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:31 am

UPDATED Well over a 1,000 ticks sold now and it's pay on the day

I went down tick office today to buy 2 ticks for Kevin McNaughton's testimonial, asked the girl sales,she went quite and then said low,how low i said?,she went in the hundreds :o :shock:

Its only ten quid and three quid and we can't even support super Kev,come on fellow Bluebirds turn up and support Supper Kev :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Be bloody lucky to get a crowd of a few thousand and they have opened all the ground up,be no money left for Kev after costs.
Attachments
kevinmcnaughton_cardiff_20110720.jpg
kevinmcnaughton_cardiff_20110720.jpg (30.45 KiB) Viewed 9664 times
grange_end1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Awful ticket sales for Kevs testimonial

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:34 am

Surely there will be a crowd of 8,000-10,000 on a Sunday and cheap tickets.

Its had massive publicity, on here,on Facebook,in the media etc

Well I still say Cardiff fans will show their loyalty and up to 10,000 will turn up,its pay on the day :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

:ayatollah: " JUST LOOK AT THE PLAYERS THAT ARE PLAYING :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: " :ayatollah:
Attachments
C66pSA6WYAAuV-U.jpg
C66pSA6WYAAuV-U.jpg (171.44 KiB) Viewed 9639 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:38 am

I AM GOING TO TWEET/FACE BOOK IT AGAIN/TAG FANS IN IT ETC

Last time I reached over 25,000 Cardiff City fans on Twitter and Facebook etc
Attachments
C66pSA6WYAAuV-U.jpg
C66pSA6WYAAuV-U.jpg (171.44 KiB) Viewed 9623 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Blue_Barber » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:45 am

The scheduling for this wasn't the greatest though was it - Super Kev v the mothers of South Wales... it's going to take a brave man to abandon the family on that day, I just mentioned it to my Mrs - was glared at!! Even invited her!

I'm surprised the mums of the players are so understanding- or do they think it's a regular game????? Lol
Blue_Barber

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:48 am

Blue_Barber wrote:The scheduling for this wasn't the greatest though was it - Super Kev v the mothers of South Wales... it's going to take a brave man to abandon the family on that day, I just mentioned it to my Mrs - was glared at!! Even invited her!

I'm surprised the mums of the players are so understanding- or do they think it's a regular game????? Lol

Who the hell on behalf of the club decided on Mothers Day?

We honestly need to clear out some of the staff at our club and get professional staff in.

It took them long enough to finally give Kev his Testimonial.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:48 am

Its shocking timing it should of been at the end of the season,im in ireland so cant go and i bet many are too
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Blue_Barber » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:50 am

Mind boggles - surely a game like this would have been more sort after during the post season when we are all dying for time out from the wives!!
Even Father's Day!!
Blue_Barber

Postby AfanBluebird » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:50 am

Most Die Hard City fans will be out in Dublin all weekend. Schedualling of the game is awful. Should have been kept on tonight.
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.’
Bill Shankly
AfanBluebird

Postby wez1927 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:51 am

Blue_Barber wrote:Mind boggles - surely a game like this would have been more sort after during the post season when we are all dying for time out from the wives!!
Even Father's Day!!

Agree
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:55 am

wez1927 wrote:Its shocking timing it should of been at the end of the season,im in ireland so cant go and i bet many are too

Wez, I agree there will be about 3,000 Cardiff fans in Dublin and rightly so :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

But there are still thousands upon thousands of other Cardiff City fans, past and present still able to go.

I also agree terrible organisation though.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Jimbo27 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:12 pm

The date they chose is shocking! I really feel for Super Kev as on another day I think he'd easily get 8-10k!
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27

Postby TrueBlue99 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Only the grandstand will be open, I imagine that most of the grandstand will fill up, so however many seats are in that side of the ground will probably be as high as the attendance get's unfortunately.

Sad that such a great Icon for us won't even get maybe even a quarter of the stadium full, its upto the fans to prioritise what's more important which I understand of course, I know fans probably booked to go over to Ireland months in advance and thats just unfortunate that the club couldn't find another time to host this match.

If I had the chance of seeing this match or Wales playing I would choose Super kev, because I know I would have another chance to see Wales and we won't have another chance to give Kev a farewell. Surely there are more City fans that are going to be around than this on sunday, Come guys let's give Kev the send off he deserves.
TrueBlue99

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:24 pm

I will be down there with my Father and Missus to show support for SuperKev.

About 5 years ago, I was in Tesco with my Daughter and Kev took time out to speak to her and myself, such a lovely man, so we should all support this iconic City legend cause it will be a cracking game :bluescarf:
Wolfpac

Postby since64 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:34 pm

CCFC have ignored so many bigger legends in my time he's lucky to be getting one at all
since64

Postby TERRYB » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:57 pm

This just shows how abysmal the organisation is at our Club. Let's pick a date which coincides with Mother's Day, The Weekend in Dublin for Ireland v Wales W. Cup Qualifier, the weekend before quite a few thousand of our loyal fans head to WOLVERHAMPTON TO SUPPORT OUR FIRST TEAM . You couldn't make it up. This game should have taken place way before now. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
TERRYB

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:06 pm

From Facebook

Dafydd Jones
My sons and I would love to have gone, but like many others I'm sure, it's Mothers day, so no chance!!

Chris Owen
Mothers day thats why

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby theclaw » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:08 pm

People moaning about Mother's Day,mid-season and everything else FFS,if the club had booked Barcelona there would be 20k there!
If your home and available get down there.
theclaw

Postby Dobbin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:11 pm

For me testimonials are a thing of the past.

As soon as they started moving the dates around and waiting so long to have it - ticket sales were going to be poor.

If you are going to have one should be in the players last season at the club and fitted in accordingly - don't think it helped he was out on loan at the end of his Cardiff City career,
Dobbin

Postby Dobbin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:13 pm

We struggle to get 15k including away fans for a league game so why people think we will get 10k for a testimonial I don't know
Dobbin

Postby WelshPatriot » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Ridiculous scheduling and I feel for Kev.

First the clash with the Ireland game and now mothers day.

I imagine my Sunday will pan out like a lot of other guys Sunday, visiting my mum, then my mother in law and then treating the wife to a meal from the kids.
WelshPatriot

Postby llangainbluebird » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:14 pm

theclaw wrote:People moaning about Mother's Day,mid-season and everything else FFS,if the club had booked Barcelona there would be 20k there!

Exactly!
llangainbluebird

Postby WelshPatriot » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:14 pm

theclaw wrote:People moaning about Mother's Day,mid-season and everything else FFS,if the club had booked Barcelona there would be 20k there!

Ridiculous post.
WelshPatriot

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:16 pm

As much as I like super Kev, he was a great servant and a by the sound of it a really nice bloke... I just totally disagree with any sort of testimonial for professional footballers.

Kev had a long career 15 years as a professional?? Earning dam good money for most of that time and if he was sensible should be a millionaire by now and never have to work again.

Why should people pay money to see a kick about and earn him a few more bob, it just doesn't seem right.

I have been in my job for 25 years and all I got an extra £250 and 2 extra days holiday!!!

Sorry, but I have never been to a testimonial in my life and never will go!!!
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:As much as I like super Kev, he was a great servant and a by the sound of it a really nice bloke... I just totally disagree with any sort of testimonial for professional footballers.

Kev had a long career 15 years as a professional?? Earning dam good money for most of that time and if he was sensible should be a millionaire by now and never have to work again.

Why should people pay money to see a kick about and earn him a few more bob, it just doesn't seem right.

I have been in my job for 25 years and all I got an extra £250 and 2 extra days holiday!!!

If it makes you feel any better the way ticket sales are going Super Kev will be lucky to make £250.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Blue_Barber » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:31 pm

Maybe they should pay us to go instead
Blue_Barber

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:As much as I like super Kev, he was a great servant and a by the sound of it a really nice bloke... I just totally disagree with any sort of testimonial for professional footballers.

If it makes you feel any better the way ticket sales are going Super Kev will be lucky to make £250.

Tony, I just think testimonials are not really relevant these days...30 years ago when players didn't earn as much maybe there was a need for them but not anymore.....but feel free to have a whip around for me, all donations will be gladly accepted :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby stdavid10 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:01 pm

Plus the thousands that will be heading back from Dublin.
Blue_Barber wrote:The scheduling for this wasn't the greatest though was it - Super Kev v the mothers of South Wales... it's going to take a brave man to abandon the family on that day, I just mentioned it to my Mrs - was glared at!! Even invited her!

stdavid10

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:15 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Tony, I just think testimonials are not really relevant these days...30 years ago when players didn't earn as much maybe there was a need for them but not anymore.....but feel free to have a whip around for me, all donations will be gladly accepted :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Think you find all monies are going to charity ! Well from higher league players particularly they do. :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Nuclearblue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:47 pm

I haven't booked it yet but I will right now. Super Kev deserves this.
Just a thought with so many coming back from Dublin many will pay on the gate because its touch and go if they will make it on time.
Nuclearblue

Postby englishbluebird » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:26 pm

As far as I was aware proceeds went to charity not the player. I personally cant wait to see kev and the boys in action again
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Next

Return to General Chat