' Joe Bennett '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Joe Bennett '

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:44 am

' Joe Bennett '

Football League

Thursday 23rd March 2017

Having arrived at the Cardiff City Stadium last summer from Aston Villa, who opted to let him go following their drop to the second-tier, Joe Bennett hasn’t exactly made the left-back position his own.

Fair enough the defender suffered a calf injury and had to wait until October before making his debut for the club, but I feel he was much better before joining the Championship outfit and it may be that the manager Neil Warnock doesn’t prefer Bennett.

The 26 year-old has earned just two clean sheets in his 17 games in all competitions for the Bluebirds, showing he isn’t that comfortable under Warnock and his system.

The ex-England under-21 international might have to look for a move in the summer with his contract not expiring for another two years, and the boss is likely to strengthen the team in every area during the transfer window.
Attachments
Joe-Bennett999.jpg
Joe-Bennett999.jpg (46.24 KiB) Viewed 953 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

' Joe Bennett '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Joe Bennett '

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:19 am

Not the greatest defender...but very good going forward.

It was no coincidence that he probably had his best game for us last week when he was given the freedom to get forward.

If Warnock decides to play with 1 or maybe 2 defensive midfielders the full backs are going to have to get forward..Bennett will be as good as anyone in that role
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Blue_Barber » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:20 pm

He likes the option of pushing Jazz and Bennet forward which for me is far more effective than playing Connolly at RB - not only that but the likes of Gunnar fill in well whrn when either full back bombs forward. I like him, and I don't see him doing that badly - I think we have a great balance at the back - not the best but certainly decent.
He's not bad at a dead ball too.
My only quip would be that he seems to raise his game when he plays the better teams or is that just me?
Blue_Barber

Postby nubbsy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:13 pm

I rate Joe, give him time and he'll be a great wing back for us.
nubbsy

Return to General Chat