Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' ANTHONY PILKINGTON '

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:42 am

' ANTHONY PILKINGTON '

Football League

Ryan White

Thursday 23rd March 2017

Anthony Pilkington was one of the star men in the squad at Cardiff City and has been since his decided to switch East Anglia at Norwich City for the south of Wales, which he did in the summer of 2014.

The winger has bagged seven goals for the Bluebirds in his 26 Championship appearances this season, but it is the number of assists he has made which is worrying, ZERO.

The 28 year-old Republic of Ireland international has always been a fan favourite in Cardiff but it seems Warnock’s system at the club doesn’t best suit Pilkington, and that has caused him to go backwards in his career.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' ANTHONY PILKINGTON '

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:19 am

I'm not sure I agree with that at all. Pilkington has not been contributing
much all season. When he plays up front he can't win the ball or hold it up so the ball just keeps coming back at us putting us under pressure. He is also not a patch on Harris or hoilett as a wingerand even Noone contributes more which is saying something

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:27 am

Not overly impressed with 'Pilks' for some time and wouldn't be too surprised or disappointed if he was to go in the summer. I'm never sure what he brings to the side during most games and (similar to Noone) one good game or maybe a goal in several is not a reason to keep him; particularly on the money he earns :|

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:50 am

I think Pilks has been no where near as good as he was last season.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:16 pm

I think he could be good if they can find a position for him, problem is we have then positions filled. So for me it would be better for him and the club to cash in and reinvest in an area we need strengthening

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:40 pm

And that's why I think he's useless get him moved on in the summer.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:22 pm

When up front, I've been getting the impression that he's been rather selfish with the ball this season, would rather have a shot from distance than put someone through

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:00 pm

I'm not sure what he offers to be honest,Like someones just mentioned ,he sure isn't a striker ,harris and hoilet are much better wingers. First name on the to go list for me.